Unreal Engine 5 Revealed! | Next-Gen Real-Time Demo

Users who are viewing this thread

He typed it, he didn't say it, Densetsu. Now that you've turned 35, you seem to be developing Alzheimer's.

When the video man talks about sound, isn't he just saying that they recorded how sounds echo in a real cave and then put it into that demo? Or is he saying that the game actually bounces sound off the scenery and objects in the game? Because surely only that would be revolutionary.

I'm not sure, but he says it's 'convolution reverb'. I know that from electronic music. It's nothing new.
It takes a sample/sound and combines it with another - typically a louder or 'fuller' sound - and simulates it.
So I think what he says is that they recorded sounds from a cave and combine it with in-game soundeffects.
So for example you have footstepts on gravel, but combined with a soundscape from a cave it can simulate the echo.
And applied to all sounds in the cave environment it would give a coherent sound. Even speech perhaps.
And perhaps fewer sound recordings is needed.

He typed it, he didn't say it, Densetsu. Now that you've turned 35, you seem to be developing Alzheimer's.

I have indelible evidence that Adorno reads out everything he types. He did say it. Now that you've turned 35, you seem to be developing Alzheimer's
Now that you've turned 35, you seem to be developing Alzheimer's.

Now thdt you've urned 35, you seam to be ddvelrping Azhffeimer's.

Ndw thdt yoerg'e urned 35, you saam to befegrrrlrping Azhfeimer's.

Mqrw taadt yoerg'e urned 35, you fffffam to befeggrrrrrrrg Az imer's.
Mqrw ft DFfwuff'e urfffgtd 35, you fffffam toggrrrrrrrsefeffe ESimer's.
Mqrw fDDHHt DFfwuff'e urfffgrrdgrr am toggr rsefeffe ESimer's.

Mqrw fDDdrgdrdrddrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr feffe ESimer's.

fMMMdddd dddddddddf ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
vrr

g

I have indelible evidence that Adorno reads out everything he types. He did say it. Now that you've turned 35, you seem to be developing Alzheimer's
Now that you've turned 35, you seem to be developing Alzheimer's.

Now thdt you've urned 35, you seam to be ddvelrping Azhffeimer's.

Ndw thdt yoerg'e urned 35, you saam to befegrrrlrping Azhfeimer's.

Mqrw taadt yoerg'e urned 35, you fffffam to befeggrrrrrrrg Az imer's.
Mqrw ft DFfwuff'e urfffgtd 35, you fffffam toggrrrrrrrsefeffe ESimer's.
Mqrw fDDHHt DFfwuff'e urfffgrrdgrr am toggr rsefeffe ESimer's.

Mqrw fDDdrgdrdrddrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr feffe ESimer's.

fMMMdddd dddddddddf ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
vrr

g

You are cute!

My main issue with Unreal Engine in the past has been updating projects to new versions of the engine as they came out, which I found much easier to do with Unity (although perhaps I was unlucky and happened to try and do that for Unreal when major changes had been made). I do hope that that part is going to be a bit more streamlined from this version on!

(well OK, that and the fact that it made my laptop sound and feel like a small spaceship landing on a planet. But it seems that they are working on boosting performance so perhaps that extends to the editor now :grin: )

Back
Top Bottom