Top Ten WNL8 Team Thread

Who will win WNL8?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Here goes your top ten lists for this WNL8. Feel free to post yours.

Disclaimer! This is all my opinion, I don't intend it to pass it as facts whatsoever, just giving my opinion, I'll most likely be wrong in some things, it's just for fun. Government has us all locked up in Spain thanks to coronabae and we need to pass the time?

Now that I've been able to gain more and more knowledge of the scene nowadays, I feel confident and bored enough to do some little analysis of the teams of the league. I'll try to explain reasoning and stuff.

My list:

1. FT => Clear favorite, extremely skilled, veteran players. Their main cav rivals that of prime AE, very solid tier 1 inf and archers, all well organized by the very talented inf in-game leader Charlini.
They aren't very active nowadays completed to most players in teams below their level, but they're still holding their place without trouble, which is pretty telling of just how good they are.
Worth pointing out how Charlini has taken names that some people in the scene would disagree they belonged in a tier 1 team, but still he took them, gave them tips, confidence, and so far he's proven them wrong. Just goes to show you shouldn't only look at the established top players when forming a great team. It's a great indicator yes, but not the only way to do so.

5 key players to watch: Ciiges, SirAlecks, Gibby, Janzcar, Apollo

2.Unity => Extremely talented players like Brian, Maximou, and Thorr, alongside tier 1 players like LaPache, Matt, Anchor, and Habi. Just talented players all around.
Their archers are very dangerous to any team.
Their infantry and cavalry are able to pose a massive threat, and you are in for a bad time no matter what team you play with if players like Thorr, Brian or Ast decide to go off.
Again, like FT, their key players are not very active like their opponents below, but still most would agree they're the closest runner up to FT.
And of course, have to put emphasis in the importance of having a very solid IGL in Captain Paulo, a player that's been in the scene for many many years, with tons of experience on a top level.

5 key players to watch: Brian, Thorr, Maximou, Anchor, Matt

3.Knights of Malta=> Another very solid team featuring top tier players in each of their classes.
With the wbmm god aimer XerXesJESUS and polish dog Habrak as archers, they're an absolutely scary prospect for all and any enemy cav and inf they may be facing in the tournament.
Their infantry and cavalry is the definition of solid; their inf featuring "rising star" Apfel and the talented veteran Eder (aka Sebe), completing this amazing infantry core we have bullez and the groupfight god Demivar.
Their cavalry is also a devastating force, with normanguy as their key cav player, but closely followed by Watly, who after some years is finally showing his true potential (it being higher than a lot of people expected) and Mace being also a really reliable cav player that has improved a ton and keeps doing so as he puts in the hours. If I recall correctly bullez also can pull off some great cav performance if needed.

5 key players to watch: Normanguy, Watly, XerXes, Eder, Apfel

4.Stark => Stark was close to FTW in terms of skill all throughout the tournament, that's until they added O'Neil. The young British infantry that teams were hesitant to add due to his controversial attitude, seems to have paid off enormously for Stark.
His addition has, in my opinion, sent Stark way past FTW after being close for so long, and now put them closer to Knights of Malta in terms of overall skill. Not quite there yet, but a big step closer to them.
Starks team previous to O'Neil was very complete both ranged and cav-wise, with solid archers like Meldo, IGL Leonidas, and an tier 1 elite archer in Red_War (arguably in the same level of the likes of XerXes and Apollo)
Then we have incredible cav players, such as Aela, Azorekt, Einar and Krzyzak, who not only rely on their raw skill but also on very good coordination and teamwork.
The weight of their infantry relied heavily on Zoykas brilliant abilities, along with Scarta's, Zulu and Longinus (correct me if I'm wrong there).
Their infantry core was great but not quite as good as it had to be in order to make Stark a truly solid DivA team.
That's where O'Neil came in, upping the strength of their infantry core in a massive manner. And consequently, their infantry being much more solid also means that their cav and archers are now able to do a lot more work to devastate the enemy.
Now, as long as Stark can keep their morale up when losing, and players like O'Neil,Red War, and Aela keep performing as well as they've been doing, they'll be able to put up a decent challenge even with the best, in my opinion.

5 key players to watch: Red War, O'Neil, Aela, Krzyzak, Zoyka

5.FTW
6.Assyrian Empire
7.Warbandits
8.Dayne
9.Doner
10. NwO

ED1: totally forgot KoM :oops: updated
ED2: changed several positions due to results, added Assyrian Empire

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom