The Pike, And YOU!

Users who are viewing this thread

I must admit, I added this topic in the hopes that it would be added to the Infantry's Primer, and hopefully to spark further use of the pike in games where Rhodoks are one of the fighting forces.

Mainly because it's far too often that I see Rhodoks trying to fight their way through using their rather lacklustre arsenal of weapons that they aren't really good at.

Well, too be perfectly honest... I love you. You've opened my eyes to the pike. It is absolutely amazing. I love it. I used to think, hell this thing is too long, it just whiffs in combat. But no, not at all. People charge at you with 2handers raised, or their shields left at their sides and you just spear them in the face.

I think the best part was I playing on Cowards Castle against the swadians. They rushed in through the sally door, but they couldn't see me, so the second they got through, I'd ram the pike into their faces and then the next one would come through.

Honestly, myself and another guy were just using pikes for the first round of a siege. We both got something like 20 kills and 5 deaths (limit on the 22nd is 5 deaths when defending) and the next round half our team is using a pike, t'was epic.

5 pikes standing in front of a gate + 2 poleaxe/twohanders at the sides hiding is utter destruction. Five pikes thrusting in unison is an amazing sight to behold when they meet their target. Usually their shield will break and one of them will go through and kill the guy (first two weaker shields only).

---

As a side note, I'd happily join in any pike formations.

A combination of pikeman + 2 shield warriors seems to work rather well. I just tested it (me as the pikeman ofcourse) in a team deathmatch server in a situation of us againsh 1 shield infantry, 1 two-handed and one cav. I took out the cav wille the others protected me againsh the warriors and then I started sniphing pike atacks through theyr defences... Lets say I got 3 of the 4 kils  :razz:

Back
Top Bottom