The game is bad now, and this is why.

Users who are viewing this thread

King_Bark

Banned
I'm really missing the timing and creativity that used to be part of this game, and has been messed up by the new patches that ruined the way I like to play the game and turned it into trading blocks and hits until someone misses a block. I know that should be part of the game, but you used to be able to move fast in and out of range and side to side that made being aggressive, reactive, thoughtful and creative the funnest way to play. Now your movement speed slows down when you block or attack, and it doesn't really mesh well at all with the slow speed of attacks, the stun or the transition between block, attack and chaining animations. The game is easier for some because it's more predictable, but it's harder for me because i keep wanting to feint and use footwork that doesn't seem to be effective anymore. And on top of that the performance of the game got worse, and there's bugs that cause stuttering, freezing and crashes. I'm not sure why they can't just revert and go back to earlier patches of the game that were actually fun to play, as flawed as they were.
The ruined potential of thus game is making me emo.

Yep, I have gradually seen this game become worse every patch, The most fun I have had with this game was during the Beta and early 3 months after release. It was simple and the casual player could get a hang of it, for someone who never used throwing weapons on Warband because it was hard to use, I found myself using it on Bannerlord and actually enjoying it.
Using the 2h weapons felt right, not a slow swing like it is now, game is meant to be fun not a painful experience, even mounting an horse as a archer or footsoldier and not get a massive debuff because of class was great improvemene from Warband.
They have been slowly been killing all these initial features just to appease the small vocal minority.

For me this patch 1.8 stopped the constant lag i was getting . I can max battle size setting with no slow down. As for combat once you reach a decent level movement is fast and slick and attacks are fast to with the right weapons stupid fast. 1.7 i couldn't play lagged even low settings.

For me this patch 1.8 stopped the constant lag i was getting . I can max battle size setting with no slow down. As for combat once you reach a decent level movement is fast and slick and attacks are fast to with the right weapons stupid fast. 1.7 i couldn't play lagged even low settings.
People here are talking about multiplayer, not singleplayer. Right now (or last time I played) theres alot of stuttering and microlag on server after a certain population is reached, making TDM and Siege incredibly difficult to play. Theres also server crashes so the multiplayer experience right now is...rough.
Weapon swings etc is an entire discussion on itself that I hope we'll have soon, but the difference in combat from mutliplayer to singleplayer is very high.

Sorry my fault. I really like MP but i like to be in the beta branch and that stops me from logging into MP. Once this game get if release will will be on MP a lot and yes the combats much harder on MP i get a right beating but its so much fun. Hope they fix the problems you lot are having.

I agree completely, the first 3 months were amazing. The game had a lot of potential, the combat system wasn't perfect but it worked, and I remember it seemed to be a lot easier to chain feints together and use footwork to outmaneuver opponents. But they've really murdered the hell out of the combat with patches since then. Compared to Warband and even Chivalry 2, the combat in Bannerlord is downright bland and lifeless (not to mention how unresponsive it feels). I still come back to the game every so often but I've mostly accepted that it seems to be irreversibly ruined.

I think the craziest thing to me is how they've made movement speed so slow, particularly if your player is armored, for the sake of realism. But in reality, medieval knights were able to move around extremely well, even in the most cumbersome armors. The game is going to be dead on arrival when it finally releases if they don't reverse a lot of the changes they made to combat, which they probably won't. Multiplayer is already dead because nobody wants to play this ****ty boring combat. Taleworlds basically just ruined their game for no reason.

Sorry my fault. I really like MP but i like to be in the beta branch and that stops me from logging into MP. Once this game get if release will will be on MP a lot and yes the combats much harder on MP i get a right beating but its so much fun. Hope they fix the problems you lot are having.
Hope you stick with it, the game is incredibly fun once you properly learn the game. You'll be dishing out the beatings after a while xD

Back
Top Bottom