Spelling Corrections

Users who are viewing this thread

blowcrapup

Sergeant at Arms
This is a list of all spelling mistakes in the Mod. I have done this to help Cruger and to keep all of the mistakes in one place.

Important

These mistakes are based on the English spellings of the names (mostly) not the local versions of the place names. In the future I will make a poll that askes if people want the names to be localised (if Cruger gives permisson). This does not solely include spelling mistakes. I have also renamed several of the castles and villages and have given my reasons why as well. These are completely open to debate.

Faction List

The Kingdom of Denmark
The Kingdom of Scotland - Checked
The Almohad Caliphate - Checked
The Holy Roman Empire
The Kingdom of France - Checked
The Kingdom of England - Checked
The Papal States
The Kingdom of Portugal - Checked
The Kingdom of Sicily
The Crown of Aragon - Checked
The Kingdom of Castille - Checked
The Irish Kingdoms - Checked
The Byzantine Empire
The Kingdom of Hungary
The Kingdom of Poland
The Kingdom of Serbia

Mistakes List

The Kingdom of Scotland

Dingwall Castle > Tulloch Castle - Tulloch is the actual castle name Dingwall is the village where it is at.

Tulloch > This may cause some issues. There is a village name Tulloch near Aberdeen but there is also a castle named Tulloch further up the coast. (See Above) according to Google maps both exist and are in their correct(ish) places.

Edingbourgh > Edinburgh

Mentieth > Menteith – Maybe a little hard as both are correct but based on the location the 2nd is the correct spelling.

The Irish Kingdoms

No mistakes

The Kingdom of England

Cork Castle > Blarney Castle – This one is open for discussion. Cork itself does not have a castle but Blarney Castle is within County Cork and is close to the city. My recommendation is to change Cork to a city but its really down to what people what.

Barnard > Barnard Castle – The village of Barnard is built around Barnard Castle and is known as that officially and locally (I’m from County Durham originally). So in-game it should be a village known as Barnard Castle. Alternatives for the village name include Bishop Auckland which was more historical anyway. (It was the seat of the Bishops in Northern England).

Hereford Castle – Needs to move slightly more east.

Norwick Castle > Norwich Castle

Chateau de Rennes > Rennes-le-Chateau

The Kingdom of France

Sissions > Soissions

Chateau de Orleans > Chateau de Blois – The castle I think you meant is this one. It was where Joan of Arc was blessed before defeating the English in the 100 years war. It was also the residence of the French king in later years.

Blois – Obviously this would need to be changed if Orleans was changed. The problem is Orleans (according to Google) doesn’t have a castle named after it and a lot of searches give Blois. Could be left as it is only 20 miles away. Need help from French people on this one. Although could be left as Blois as the village of Blois is very historical.

Chateau de Angers > Chateau d’Angers

Chateau de Bourgogne > Chateau de Chateauneuf - This is what I got when I was searching to check the name Bourgogne.

Chateau de Clermont > Chateau de la Vigne - Clermont needs to be removed as wasn’t built until 1600’s. Vigne is about 100 miles away and should be a good enough replacement name wise. (again if I’m wrong correct me French people)

Bourdeaux > Bordeaux

Chateau de Polignar > Chateau de Polignac

Chateau de Toulose > Chateau Narbonnais - When searching for Toulouse this came up as the offical name for the castle in the city.

Marseille > Marseilles

The Crown of Aragon

San Sebatian > San Sebastian

Castell de Pamplona > Castillo de Javier – Pamplona castle wasn’t built until the 15th Century. Javier is just south east of Pamplona.

Lorogrono > Logono

Castell de Tortosa > Castell de la Suda – The name of the castle in the town of Tortosa.

Taragona > Tarragona

The Kingdom of Castille

Guadalaraja > Guadalajara

The Kingdom of Portugal

Castelo de Giumares > Castelo de Guimaraes

Castelo Blanco > Castelo Branco

Castelo de Lisboa > Castelo de Sao Jorge – Castle in Lisbon. A possible change depending on whether you want accuracy or what is known.

The Almohad Caliphate

Hisn al Saljre Abi Hassan > Hisn al Saljre Abu Hassan

San Lucra > Sanlucra de Barrameda – Thats the correct name for the town but shorter is proberlies better.

Sevilla > Seville – depending on whether you want English or Spanish spelling.

I hope to go through and check all of these as well as the lords names as well. Please do not give the localised versions of city/castle/villages as this will just confuse the issue at this moment in time. Feel free to point out any mistakes I have made or that you have spotted but be aware I am going off Google and my own research into the name.

I'll use this post to ask questions and open things up for debate.

Things I need help with

1. Castell de Zaragoza - Zaragoza does not have a castle named after if according to my research. One possible option though is Puertomingalvo Castle. It is in Zaragoza and there is referance to it in the 1200's so it could be a possibility.

2. Castell de Santiago - I can't find any referance to this castle in Spain. The only reference is to one in Chile. Its spelt right though based off that version.

3. Castell de Madrid - No castle named this. Manzanares el Real Castleis an important castle that is near by to Madrid though.

4. Castell de Salamanca - No castle named this. Castle of Monleón is a possible name for it.

5. Hisn al Cordoba/Granada/Almeria - All are cities not castles.

blowcrapup said:
2. Castell de Santiago - I can't find any referance to this castle in Spain. The only reference is to one in Chile. Its spelt right though based off that version.
Maybe there is/was a castle by Santiago de Compostela? Oh, just googled it. There's a castle named Castelo da Rocha Forte ("Strong Stone's Castle" - yeah, it sounds strange, I know)
Edit- It registry dates back to around 1255, so it should have been there at around 1200

For French locations, you are not always give good corrections (I know what I say, I am French  :wink: )

So :

blowcrapup said:
Sissions > Soissions (it is "Soissons", without an "i")

Chateau de Orleans > Chateau de Blois – The castle I think you meant is this one. It was where Joan of Arc was blessed before defeating the English in the 100 years war. It was also the residence of the French king in later years.

Blois – Obviously this would need to be changed if Orleans was changed. The problem is Orleans (according to Google) doesn’t have a castle named after it and a lot of searches give Blois. Could be left as it is only 20 miles away. Need help from French people on this one. Although could be left as Blois as the village of Blois is very historical. (Blois and Orléans are not very far. But for 1200, I think it is not uncorrect to put Blois as a Castle, and Orléans as a town (a village in the game) )

Chateau de Angers > Chateau d’Angers

Chateau de Bourgogne > Chateau de Chateauneuf - This is what I got when I was searching to check the name Bourgogne. (I think "Château de Dijon" is better. It was where the Bourgogne's Duc was. But I don't know if it is the good emplacement on the map)

Chateau de Clermont > Chateau de la Vigne - Clermont needs to be removed as wasn’t built until 1600’s. Vigne is about 100 miles away and should be a good enough replacement name wise. (again if I’m wrong correct me French people) (Hum I don't know where you have found this, because the "Château de La vigne" is in the middle of France. "Château d'Amiens" would be better, but it is more in the north of France ... I don't know which place can removed Clermont.)

Bourdeaux > Bordeaux

Chateau de Polignar > Chateau de Polignac

Chateau de Toulose > Chateau Narbonnais - When searching for Toulouse this came up as the offical name for the castle in the city. (No, "Château de Toulouse" is better. Narbonne is a town few kilometers away. But the problem is that Toulouse is (and was) a big town almost bigger than Bordeaux)

Marseille > Marseilles (No, Marseille is correct, without a "s" )

Look at this link : http://www.histoire-fr.com/Atlas_france_capetiens_1223.htm. Map of France in 1223 : you could see yourself which places you would choose.

A word on Polish castles and villages:

First of all, Zamek (Castle) Warszawa is out of place, as Warszawa (Warsaw) was actually founded in 1300 by Bolesław II Mazowiecki (prince of Masovia). It would be even better to place castle location in Płock, as it was rather important city. Warszawa might be then replaced by Sochaczew for example.

Zamek Pabienice - first of all, it should be Pabianice. In my opinion though, Pabianice should be changed into Łęczyca as it was more important city and it lies nearby.

Zamek Poznon - not 'Poznon' but Poznań (you can skip our strange Polish letters, but it's 'a', not 'o' :smile: )

Ulfhednar said:
A word on Polish castles and villages:

First of all, Zamek (Castle) Warszawa is out of place, as Warszawa (Warsaw) was actually founded in 1300 by Bolesław II Mazowiecki (prince of Masovia). It would be even better to place castle location in Płock, as it was rather important city. Warszawa might be then replaced by Sochaczew for example.

Zamek Pabienice - first of all, it should be Pabianice. In my opinion though, Pabianice should be changed into Łęczyca as it was more important city and it lies nearby.

Zamek Poznon - not 'Poznon' but Poznań (you can skip our strange Polish letters, but it's 'a', not 'o' :smile: )

I am working rather hard on getting some stuff on Poland done(reworking it pretty much actully), both troop wise and map wise, Insid3(which is from Poland) and Cèsar de Quart are helping me alot here, so Poland is in safe hands :smile:

yeah, one thing, i really think that the capital of Portugal should be Porto wich was the city's capital until 1255 when Lisbon was chosen new capital for it's strategical place (right in the middle of the coast)

by the way, that name "rocha forte" may sound weird as a castle name but i assure you, that names weird as this are really common in Brazil, Portugal and Spain...

I notice a lot of spelling errors when picking up unique characters from taverns. The spelling and grammar in general isn't good. Unless I have a weird version or something, that should really be fixed. I'll try to get screenshots of it later.

9389b69d5ec6e4c86db340bb864be967e6913754.png

8b118e4c5b966b879561e74d99b6b30f53083b67.png

Arbor said:
I notice a lot of spelling errors when picking up unique characters from taverns. The spelling and grammar in general isn't good. Unless I have a weird version or something, that should really be fixed. I'll try to get screenshots of it later.
I agree on that, grammar isn't really good when it comes to companions.

Back
Top Bottom