Snowball the dancing cockatoo

Users who are viewing this thread

That was simply awesome. Proves even more that birds have a good understanding of our music, both beat and tune. Frickin' awesome, and a very stylish mohawk.

Some birds, at least. Snowball made the BBC News website because a bunch of biology students are doing tests with him, trying to find out if there's a link between particular animal species and a sense of rhythm or music.

Srsly.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8026592.stm

Awesome :grin:

In another video, he seems to tap his right foot to the bass drum and the left one to the toms :grin:

Especially me....  :sad:

That was amazing - notice around 3:38 where he pauses, just before getting into a groove?
It's the exact same thing where people do - they pause, listen to the music, get the rhythm, and then take up the movement again.
That's exactly what he did.

Fascinating.

I lay claim to this creature as I can control him due to our shared Australian heritage! I can use him to help control the other cockatoos so they don't make as much noice and rip up trees.

This just reminded me of a funny thing I saw once:
Looked out the window when I was in the car and saw a Cockatoo sitting on a fence holding a hot dog-esque length bread roll in its foot and eating from the top like a person. Twas hilarious.

Lt. of the tower said:
I lay claim to this creature as I can control him due to our shared Australian heritage! I can use him to help control the other cockatoos so they don't make as much noice and rip up trees.

This just reminded me of a funny thing I saw once:
Looked out the window when I was in the car and saw a Cockatoo sitting on a fence holding a hot dog-esque length bread roll in its foot and eating from the top like a person. Twas hilarious.

Cool. Cockatoos are now awesome, if a little noisy.

Back
Top Bottom