Server Files for North and South?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bump this thread. I need them as well.

Posted on the FSE fourms but no reply there either.

There has to be some. Surely all the servers on NaS aren't paying an overwhelming amount of money for a secure game host.

I've got a similar thread here with no replies...

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,335339.0.html

I'm assuming it's the standard NW dedicated server files found here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,282473.0.html

My assumption is that in the .bat file that launches NW you would flag the N&S mod instead.  That's just an assumption on my part though since the few people that seem to know how to configure a N&S server are keeping the information to themselves.  Even if my assumption for how to launch it is correct, it looked like there were some different variables to configure as well as the factions being entirely different, different map names, etc.  All of that would need to be in the config.  The only way to figure all that out would be to tear it apart and find all that info. out from the mod files themselves and I just don't care enough at this point to do that.

Here's to hoping someone with the correct knowledge will post up a guide or reply to one of these threads.

Hi guys I had this problem as well. What you need to do is download the dedicated server files for Mount and blade warband & Napoleonic. You then need to download the North and South mod. Open the N&S .exe. Install mod to you computer.

Then place the mod folder into the dedicated warband servers module folder.

XrZ9AHp.png

After that you need to edit the name of one of the NW_sample .txt files. I usually create a copy of one of the text files and then rename it, in this case I just renamed it to: NS_Sample_Team_Deathmatch. Do the same with one of the .bat files, copy and rename it to the same as the .txt.

9C5WE6n.png

You then need to change the .bat file. In one of the NW_sample .bat files or the one you copied and renamed, right click and go to edit and in the bat file where it says -m write the name of the module folder and in -r write the name of the .txt document.

example: mb_warband_dedicated.exe -r NS_Sample_Team_Deathmatch.txt -m North and South First Manassas

TJ88lWc.png

save and then double click the .bat file to get it started. Then that should be it, it should show up in the server list when you play multiplayer.

Remember to port forward TCP and UDP

Back
Top Bottom