Official server admins need regulations

Users who are viewing this thread

It is such a shame that it cannot be sorted alphabetically easily, as I'd say that is the main reason why so many teamkills/griefers go unpunished; us admins simply cannot find the perpetrator easily on the list at all. Only when the person has a low score (due to either just coming onto the server or mass-teamkilling) is it easy for us to deal with someone. I hope some solutions arise though.

About map changing: I have only ever changed map on great demand and have always polled to confirm. I don't think this happens much on EU servers as others have said.

I am glad there's going to be a private admin-chat introduced. It'll greatly help communication between admins, especially when there are a lot of admins on at one time. We'll be able to delegate who'll deal with which offence and thus work more efficiently.

I also suggest that communication is further improved by setting up a 'NW Official Server Admins' Steam group and perhaps a TS channel in 22nd TS specifically for admins. In MM I was often messaged on steam to come deal with some tker or griefer, I'd come on to sort it out most of the time, but sometimes I was not able to help out because I was on alternate computer which didn't have Warband installed on it. If there had been a steam-group or even a TS channel I'd have been able to find another admin to go deal with the problem.

The steam group might also be a good aid to Praetorian and Vincenzo as an organisation tool, a way of keeping track of the identity and number of admins. And if it were to go ahead, I'd suggest that EU and NA admins would be kept in the same steam group and that NA and EU servers share passwords, as I recall many a time in MM when I'd come on the US server at a very early morning European time and see no admin on, but torrid teamkilling and griefing, and simply have not been able to deal with it because of a separate admin pass (I'm sure NA admins have experienced the same on EU servers). If an admin is trusted on one set of Official servers he ought to be trusted on the other too, and it would further increase the efficiency of the admin force.

I'm glad these issues are getting attention and hope solutions are found.  :wink:

Evan

Evanovic said:
It is such a shame that it cannot be sorted alphabetically easily, as I'd say that is the main reason why so many teamkills/griefers go unpunished; us admins simply cannot find the perpetrator easily on the list at all. Only when the person has a low score (due to either just coming onto the server or mass-teamkilling) is it easy for us to deal with someone. I hope some solutions arise though.

About map changing: I have only ever changed map on great demand and have always polled to confirm. I don't think this happens much on EU servers as others have said.

I am glad there's going to be a private admin-chat introduced. It'll greatly help communication between admins, especially when there are a lot of admins on at one time. We'll be able to delegate who'll deal with which offence and thus work more efficiently.

I also suggest that communication is further improved by setting up a 'NW Official Server Admins' Steam group and perhaps a TS channel in 22nd TS specifically for admins. In MM I was often messaged on steam to come deal with some tker or griefer, I'd come on to sort it out most of the time, but sometimes I was not able to help out because I was on alternate computer which didn't have Warband installed on it. If there had been a steam-group or even a TS channel I'd have been able to find another admin to go deal with the problem.

The steam group might also be a good aid to Praetorian and Vincenzo as an organisation tool, a way of keeping track of the identity and number of admins. And if it were to go ahead, I'd suggest that EU and NA admins would be kept in the same steam group and that NA and EU servers share passwords, as I recall many a time in MM when I'd come on the US server at a very early morning European time and see no admin on, but torrid teamkilling and griefing, and simply have not been able to deal with it because of a separate admin pass (I'm sure NA admins have experienced the same on EU servers). If an admin is trusted on one set of Official servers he ought to be trusted on the other too, and it would further increase the efficiency of the admin force.

I'm glad these issues are getting attention and hope solutions are found.  :wink:

Evan

HEHE, well theres already a admin channel on FSE teamspeak (formerly the 22nd one)
and i made a steam group yesterday, if you add me on steam "Cenzii" i will add you to the steam group, most of what you said has already been done, and thats because they are good ideas just came a day late xD

There should be a topic also. Where people can ask for "admin support" obviously they need to provide a good reason.
Simply saynig "he punched me" won't get anyone, but if there is a bunch of trolls/teamkillers etc...
This may very well be needed because we have just about as many admins as there are official servers and I think its very unlikely that every populated server therefor always has an admin at it.

Back
Top Bottom