Never Ending Feasts

Users who are viewing this thread

Indreams

Recruit
So, I started my own kingdom. I am the King of Imperium, and I hold Praven and Suno, as well as Tevarin Castle, Haringoth Castle, and Ryibelet Castle. This was all thanks to infighting among Swadian nobles (I actually took Suno from the Nords, who took it from the Rhodoks).

And because of the infighting, I have couple Swadian lords that pledged allegiance to me, but is not cool with me giving fiefs to to other Swadian lords.

So, I held a feast. It's been going on for 30ish days, and my relationship with my lords are great. But a question, does the feast ever end on its own? Because I've been feasting for 30 days off of what my army will go through in about ten days. I can stop the feast by declaring that it is time for action and war and stuff, but is it possible to keep the feast endless?

I think only you or the marshal calling a campaign can end a feast. It's length might also be limited by the amount of food you have in the household inventory, but I'm not sure.

There must be a bug because the goods are consumed really, really slowly. But the nice thing about it is that normally perishable foodstuff like pork or beef lasts indefinitely whilst in your larder whereas they rot after just a few days in the field. Calradia must have discovered refrigeration in the 13th century :lol:  Anyway, I think you need to end the feast at or before 30 days otherwise you get a quest failed or cancelled if you exceed 30 although I'm not certain either.  However, you might as well exploit the heck out of the multiple tournaments each day during the feast (Dawn, Early Morning, Morning, Noon, Afternoon & Late Afternoon).

I don't know the solution to your problem, but the idea of a never ending feast sounds great...

...ah yes - Valhalla!

Well, the feast still goes on. I think I've discovered Valhalla, minus the battles.

I guess its a bug, but its a pleasant bug. My relations with the lords are great. If I wasn't married already, I could bed any of their daughters.

The feast doesn't end because of a bug that went unfixed for years. But recently I found an easy bugfix. Now the game will conclude feasts in your kingdom after a few days, just like it does for feasts in other kingdoms.

The code is posted here:
so if you can access the module system, then you can easily apply the fix yourself (since no lines of code are changed, only new ones are inserted).

I also posted info on how to edit the compiled txt files, but that's only for Native.

Back
Top Bottom