• no

Votes: 74 57.4%
  • it was best

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • let's vote if we should vote

Votes: 32 24.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Even tho this NC took extremely long and didnt work out as planned the admins still put a lot of time and effort into this tournament.

Thx for everything guys

I almost feel sad that we maybe failed or not. But, a vote is useful - let's see how it ends.

Firunien said:
The format is just horrible.

Format isnt terrible, duration of the tournament is, people rejected certain schedules to then sign up for 3-4 tours while their reasoning was that there wasnt time to 2 matches a week for some phases of the tournament(max 3). Without propper schedulling the format becomes trash, extremely long and boring.

Tbf there were a bunch of tournaments during nc ofc there would be breaks so people could do all their matches on time. Can't really blame admins for all the people hosting 5v5's BoB and all the other stuff while NC is going on.

Charlini said:
Format isnt terrible, duration of the tournament is, people rejected certain schedules to then sign up for 3-4 tours while their reasoning was that there wasnt time to 2 matches a week for some phases of the tournament(max 3). Without propper schedulling the format becomes trash, extremely long and boring.

The format is terrible for a tournament where weekends are clearly preferred for matches and some participants are in a completely different timezone making weekday matches even harder for them. Double elimination works well in an environment where people can commit to lots of matches in a short time (e.g. a LAN or very short matches over a weekend), it doesn't work in a tournament like this, and it was especially prolonged by an absolutely useless group stage that lasted 5 weeks alone and still had teams like Brasil in the knockout stage.

I said this on day 1 it was suggested and it was STILL put to a vote, and I still can't find anyone that actually voted for this crap except Wales and Spain.

edit: This tournament started 13 weeks ago, in that time the UK played 8 matches, 5 of which were a waste of time.

OurGloriousLeader said:
Charlini said:

The format is terrible for a tournament where weekends are clearly preferred for matches and some participants are in a completely different timezone making weekday matches even harder for them. Double elimination works well in an environment where people can commit to lots of matches in a short time (e.g. a LAN or very short matches over a weekend), it doesn't work in a tournament like this, and it was especially prolonged by an absolutely useless group stage that lasted 5 weeks alone and still had teams like Brasil in the knockout stage.

I said this on day 1 it was suggested and it was STILL put to a vote, and I still can't find anyone that actually voted for this crap except Wales and Spain.

edit: This tournament started 13 weeks ago, in that time the UK played 8 matches, 5 of which were a waste of time.

Format wasn't terrible, you can read the reasoning behind it, People was stupid and as i said decided to go with it with poor schedulling making it last a lot. Your timezone argument also applies to every single tournament dont forget that in this EC5 there are gonna be at least 3 NA teams.
Also, 5 weeks of group stage was gonna happen also with the previous format because more teams signed up. Not to mention that Spain while I suggested initially the format UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS, abstained from the poll as we considered that the format wasnt viable if it lasted more than 7-8 weeks while some teams couldn't probably play mid-week like Finland.
I think you're smart enough to understand that if a poll succeded it's because a majority of the voters approved it, to attach us to a vote after the option was quite different than my initial suggestion is just stupid. Im pretty sure you can take a look on the forums or ask Robin himself, he could provide you a list of who voted yes to this format under these conditions which I agree, were awful and made the tournament much worse.

You're arguing the format wasn't terrible if all of the things that were implemented weren't. The format was terrible in how it turned out and I still basically don't believe that most people voted for it or were sufficiently informed.

Not really, just a few related with schedulling and team quantity not being optimal for the format.
The moment ppl wasnt willing to play mid-week polls should've been cancelled to avoid this as teams voted the worst choice considering the circumstances and old format should've been played.

Back
Top Bottom