mods for consoles in bannerlord? no caps version

Users who are viewing this thread

Migeli

Recruit
Is it bossible to have mods in bannerlord for consoles? I know there are mods in skyrim for console players but it is really different from bannerlord.

I guess the most polished will be on consoles for sure. They made this game as moddeable as they could

That is under the assumption that Sony and Microsoft, the owners of the Xbox and Playstation platform, agree to allowing mods in the first place. They were extremely skeptical and had to be convince by a multimillion company like Bethesda to be allowed mods for their games. So what makes a small IP like Taleworlds think they can have a chance to even talk to Sony and Microsoft?

And even after that issue is resolved, porting a game to console is extremely hard.(See Nier Automata, and Monster Hunter on PC right now, buggy as ****). The liability of ensuring that a console port will work for mods will fall in the hands of modders, and I imagine that most won't even bother.

I hate to be a downer but I strongly doubt it. Bethesda has a huge amount of resources and employees, and their system still has a great number of restrictions on console mods. That being said anything is possible I suppose.

Lolbash said:
That is under the assumption that Sony and Microsoft, the owners of the Xbox and Playstation platform, agree to allowing mods in the first place. They were extremely skeptical and had to be convince by a multimillion company like Bethesda to be allowed mods for their games. So what makes a small IP like Taleworlds think they can have a chance to even talk to Sony and Microsoft?

And even after that issue is resolved, porting a game to console is extremely hard.(See Nier Automata, and Monster Hunter on PC right now, buggy as ****). The liability of ensuring that a console port will work for mods will fall in the hands of modders, and I imagine that most won't even bother.

Sadly, I have to agree that Lolbash is probably right even though his SAS logo isn’t as pretty as his previous MLP.  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom