Lets Play Rome at War Video Series

Users who are viewing this thread

**I have received permission from rgcotl to post a series focusing on the very early alpha single player mod**

Hello everyone, because of my new found love for Rome at War, I have started a lets play series (Romani Campaign) for the alpha single player mode of this mod. 
I am treating this series as a sort of preview of whats to come in single player Rome at War.
I am very excited to bring this series to YouTube and hopefully increase the player base of RaW in turn. 

Hope you all enjoy and let me know what you think!  :smile:

Link to Rome at War Campaign Series Below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wOi4ZxIRHE&list=PLJfCu79xCsa4SL4I0ckOoHI-FLFP0xYKX

-Jared - GuyGirlGaming on YouTube

Good luck with the videos series, I couldn't help but notice you played the mod without using the WSE.exe (Warband Script Enhancer) launcher resulting on script errors appearing, in battle it must be terrible as some scripts rely on this launcher.

Additional notes:
- Single player works with WSE (Warband Script Enhancer distributed in the mod files). WSE is compatible only with 1.153 version of Warband.
For best game-play experience allow AI Formations in the mod options -> PBOD Options
Contact Seek n Destroy for additional info.

Q: How to launch the mod with WSE?
A: In the mod files typically:
.../WARBAND/Modules/Rome at War 2.1/WSE
Select the WSE Folder, left click WSE.exe and create a shortcut in your desktop for easier access. Launch the mod with this launcher to play single-player.

Unfortunately it doesn't work on steam (because the game was updated to 1.154 breaking the launcher compatibility). The only way would be to have 1.153 installed as non steam version (I believe the steam key can be applied to it). For future releases I will try to make it compatible or simply remove the dependence on the special launcher. 

Thanks for the video as it provides some feedback and puts to light unnoticed bugs. Also sorry for breaking your first game play enthusiasm as the Arjos is a Gallic Warrior Class, I'll try to get on making some Roman ones or at least put a small description so people don't get misleaded.

@Seek n Destroy

I did not install the WSE.ese because of the reason you stated - not compatible with the stream version of mount and blade warband.  I played through a bit beforehand and recorded quite a bit of the real series so far and the script text only seems to be a slight eye sore on the screen.

I am up to 8 episodes so far with many large battle/siege battles and have come to no major or even minor bugs/game-enders so far.  Obviously its not finished but there is a fantastic base to grow on.

Me not knowing what Arjos meant is just a sign that I need to brush up on my ancient history!  I got rid of that "barbarian" attire right away haha

-Jared

It might be of your interest that for the next release the Single player does no longer rely on WSE, hence it will be compatible with Steam. Some features are removed such as the Total War like in battle deployment but features such as formations will work for all users expanding a bit the tactical approach of the mod. It will also remove the most notorious script errors.
I really appreciate the video series hence why I want to make it user friendly for both steam and non steam users as it should have been by start.

Single player is being developed by me so I take full responsibility and all questions regarding it should be directed towards me.

Back
Top Bottom