Keys for formation?

Users who are viewing this thread

telume

Regular
I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, so I'd like to ask what the keys for forming formations are.

F1-F3 is the default command key not formation, F4 seems to be a key for the rank formation that makes infantry/archer form ranks, but this doesn't apply to cav and cav has wedge formation so it's F4(rank) and some other key that I don't know yet which should be wedge, shield wall, and some other formation and undo formation, tried F5-F12 but it didn't do anything.

It doesn't? Do you have units selected? You gotta select some units first, say you press 0 to select all unit division and then press F4, you should see it saying infantry forming ranks, and something about cavalry not being able to form ranks, or if you don't have enough troops required for formation it should say that, but it should say something onscreen, to let you know that whatever you pressed did something, whether it was a valid command or not:razz:

When I press F4, the command menu appears and disappears, same as what happened to you, but that's not important. Probably an unintended effect, but it doesn't matter. The key lies in your message log, does your message log say that units are getting in formation?

I did it guys! Finally figured out how to do formations, this is definitely double post worthy  :razz: Normally if you press F4 a menu akin to native's command menu pops up with further buttons to press for specific formations. So you choose a division one or all of them, press F4, and then a menu normally should pop up with F4-F8 further command F4 is Rank F5 is Shield Wall F6 is Wedge F7 Square and F8 undo formation. But the problem everyone is having is that after pressing F4 the menu flickers for a bit and disappear, well it's no problem you can still press F4-F8 afterwards and the command will still be issued. Only problem with it flickering is that you won't know what button to do what, but I just told you what did what so go forth and wage fabulous formation battles  :grin:

I'm having a similar problem. Except when I select a unit, everyone, nearby soldiers, infantry or whatever. My number pad commands work, movement,formation orders,fire orders, but f4, formation type, does nothing. The menu doesn't disappear, nothing appears, nothing in the message log. It will do nothing unless I select one of the Num pad selections

Back
Top Bottom