I desperately need help!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been trying to fix this problem for two days, but I can't. It gets to a point where the game is completely unplayable.

What happens is I get captured and ransom comes up. That's fine. But then they release you right in the middle of their territory and another of their armies immediately captures you. Wash, rinse, repeat.

This is making the game completely unplayable. You're stuck as a prisoner until your kingdom decides to make peace and that's really boring. Is there any way to fix this problem? Why aren't the dev's fixing this? This is very, very broken. A good solution would be that you have 24 hours before you're recaptured and you can't enter any villages during that time. That way you have to escape because once you enter a village or town anywhere on the map. This will prevent you from using the 24 hours to build an army.

I am actually to the point that I will pay literally anyone for a mod that fixes this. $20 for a referral to a mod that already fixes it. This is not a joke.

Are you over-encumbered? You should be able to easily outrun patrols if you're on your own, but you're greatly slowed by lugging around much of the phat loot you were carrying prior to your arrest and detention, so you probably just have to abandon most of your stuff (animals included) to get away.

It's definitely not a pleasant experience, but it's not supposed to be; you made a mistake that allowed you to get arrested in hostile territory so your aim should be to stay out of jail as much as possible (and look for wards to stash your valuables; prior to fiefs, it seems like 1.2 introduced "Warehouses" which can be used as storage to some degree).

lugging around much of the phat loot you were carrying prior to your arrest and detention, so you probably just have to abandon most of your stuff (animals included) to get away.
This is it; you don't lose your thousands of kgs of loot, so you are slow. Dump your stuff, you should hit 6.0, 7.0 with a horsey 🐴

Are you over-encumbered? You should be able to easily outrun patrols if you're on your own, but you're greatly slowed by lugging around much of the phat loot you were carrying prior to your arrest and detention, so you probably just have to abandon most of your stuff (animals included) to get away.

It's definitely not a pleasant experience, but it's not supposed to be; you made a mistake that allowed you to get arrested in hostile territory so your aim should be to stay out of jail as much as possible (and look for wards to stash your valuables; prior to fiefs, it seems like 1.2 introduced "Warehouses" which can be used as storage to some degree).
No, I'm not. That's just it. It's just me. No horses. No loot. No men. No captives. Nothing. I'm in the middle of their territory which extends to about 10 different cities on the map.

This is what is broken. It's not even historically accurate. Passages of freed prisoners IS historically accurate and should be a mechanic.

You are so fixated on it being my fault, when I'm doing everything right. I've dumped everything. My guy is literally naked.

Last edited:
This is what is broken. It's not even historically accurate. Passages of freed prisoners IS historically accurate and should be a mechanic.
It's accurate in some contexts but hella not in others, and this is a fantasy world with its own rules and thus you have to abide by them unless TW makes cultures more distinct by having different laws of chivalry associated with them.

You are so fixated on it being my fault, when I'm doing everything right. I've dumped everything. My guy is literally naked.
It is your fault; you got picked up, and since you're literally naked your movement speed should far exceed the battle parties so if you're still getting nicked then you're doing something wrong.

I was almost literally in your situation (I kept my clothes and a horse) during the first hours of my first playthrough, so it's not like I can't relate. The key is to get out of Dodge, enter the fight arena for seed money, and then do small trades between cities in a tight area until you have enough money to pay for delivery boys, and then gradually upgrade your wealth and personal power from there.

It's accurate in some contexts but hella not in others, and this is a fantasy world with its own rules and thus you have to abide by them unless TW makes cultures more distinct by having different laws of chivalry associated with them.

It is your fault; you got picked up, and since you're literally naked your movement speed should far exceed the battle parties so if you're still getting nicked then you're doing something wrong.

I was almost literally in your situation (I kept my clothes and a horse) during the first hours of my first playthrough, so it's not like I can't relate. The key is to get out of Dodge, enter the fight arena for seed money, and then do small trades between cities in a tight area until you have enough money to pay for delivery boys, and then gradually upgrade your wealth and personal power from there.
Okay, genius. Talk me out of this...

Go ahead. Tell me what to do... BTW, there will be about five different armies surrounding that city when you leave. So how am I supposed to get out of dodge?

Oh, you don't have one? I can't believe your, "Dump everything and they'll leave you alone" plan doesn't work here. It's almost like the problem isn't speed. It's almost like its the enemy aggression to drop everything they're doing to chase after your character is a bad idea as a game design.

Last edited:
Go ahead. Tell me what to do... BTW, there will be about five different armies surrounding that city when you leave. So how am I supposed to get out of dodge?
Go to documents
Navigate to Bannerlord
Now configs
Open engine.config.txt
Change the cheat_mode from 0 to 1
Save the file

Ctrl + LMB – teleports you to the clicked location on the map

Go to documents
Navigate to Bannerlord
Now configs
Open engine.config.txt
Change the cheat_mode from 0 to 1
Save the file

Ctrl + LMB – teleports you to the clicked location on the map
Lol. I did end up finding a cheat. But I do have strict rules when to use it. I have to have actually paid the ransom and not just escaped and I have to shut it off in 24 game hours and I'm still captured.

I carry to much loot myself to allow myself to be captured. Rare weapons and ****.

But i do understand the problem. When the ai gets released they are fugetive for several days. When my clan members are released they are transported to a feif.
So when ransom is payed one should have the option to be moved to either the close neutral town or allied town/castle.
But when you chose to escape it should be right on the spot.

Okay, genius. Talk me out of this...

Oh, you don't have one? I can't believe your, "Dump everything and they'll leave you alone" plan doesn't work here. It's almost like the problem isn't speed. It's almost like its the enemy aggression to drop everything they're doing to chase after your character is a bad idea as a game design.

There are a few things to consider here,

First Battanians get a culture speed bonus in forests and you don't unless you are a battanian as well.

Battanians are also highly concentrated since they have few forest cities group close together and move quickly in the forest. Also if you got captured like several times and your character is starving their moral is dropped so they will also move slower from that. So actually after looking at the screenshot I don't think you are crazy that is probably the worst situation in the game being in Battania without a Battanian with low morale and calvary get slowed by the trees now.

If you don't have any scouting or movement boosting perks that will make it even more difficult.

The best thing you can do is open inventory, make sure you only have 1 food and if you have any mount equip it. If you have any extra mounts put one in civiliian inventory or if you have no food butcher one for meat. If you have extra mounts you need to get rid of them to avoid herding. Since you are in the middle of Battania, your best bet is beeline toward vlandian territory avoiding the forests if your faction is winning but it looks like they are losing so you could run toward flintolg castle and swing toward the plains in druimmor if there is a friendly party or army and sneak back to Vlandia otherwise you should just go to Varcheg and get 20-30 troops with horses and food to get back to Vlandia.

In the future you should just get more scouting or movement boosting perks or be more careful against that faction.

Honestly they should just do what they do for AI where you spawn near a friendly town with 10 recruits if you paid a ransom. If you escaped without paying a ransom then you should have to do this.

Don't play on ironman and re-load if you lose a battle or if you walk into a battle you didn't want. They didn't really give any consideration to what happens if the player is losing battles and it doesn't seem like they're going to*. If you play on iron man this is the experience you've asked for.

*I answered this question on reddit with the same advice over 2 years ago and I still get notifications of people getting butthurt over this answer. It reminds me that over 2 years this problem hasn't been touched at all and people are still getting chain-captured and reeeeeeeeee at being told to just re-load.

Back
Top Bottom