How to make friendly AI archers shoot their bows/crossbows?

Users who are viewing this thread

There seems to be a reccuring bug where archers on your side will not shoot, especially during sieges.

I joined the Crusader states and we were sieging Damascus. While the muslim soldiers peppered us with javelins and arrows, our archers just stood there dumbfouded.

What confused me the most: From time to time they threw a rock (?) or a javelin or two which I assume they had, but most of the time they were literally just bumrushing with bows and crossbows in their hands, never shooting them.

I know that you can force your own (hired) archers to shoot by giving them an order to Fire at Will, but I joined the faction as an ordinary footman, meaning I had no way of controlling the AI.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

I believe that during sieges, no matter whether you're a conscripted soldier or not you still control the entire army. I had your same issue but I could control them and make them fire nevertheless.

Alarmingly Fast Skeleton said:
I believe that during sieges, no matter whether you're a conscripted soldier or not you still control the entire army. I had your same issue but I could control them and make them fire nevertheless.

Believe me I tried and I literally abused that "Fire at Will" command, but still it didn't work.  :sad:

I also don't think you are in command as a conscript, since I have tried like 3 different mods that had the Freelancer/conscript function(including this one and Floris etc.) and commands didn't work in any of those either.  :???:

Weird, every mod I've played with Freelancer I've always been in control of the allied army; but only in sieges may I add. Also sometimes because of how much cover the archers on the battlements have your friendly archers won't actually see them I've noticed.

Alarmingly Fast Skeleton said:
Weird, every mod I've played with Freelancer I've always been in control of the allied army; but only in sieges may I add. Also sometimes because of how much cover the archers on the battlements have your friendly archers won't actually see them I've noticed.

Well, I am pretty sure it's not an cover issue since I have seen them literally bumrushing at enemies who were standing right in front of them with nothing in between them. :/

How come commands work even as a Freelancer for you? I swear I smashed those Fire at Will commands like no tomorrow and it still didn't work.

Now I have tried like 3 versions of the mod (the official Angry peasant Edition, the Repolished version and the modded one from 4chan) and the bug is prevalent in all of those, leading me to believe that this is not going to be fixable without a Source code..

Deathstruck92 said:
There seems to be a reccuring bug where archers on your side will not shoot, especially during sieges.

Thanks in advance!

Pretty late, but as it's unanswered....
Try telling them to "hold fire" and than "fire at will", worked for me and I have the same bug.

ste636 said:
Deathstruck92 said:

Thanks in advance!

Pretty late, but as it's unanswered....
Try telling them to "hold fire" and than "fire at will", worked for me and I have the same bug.

No worries. Unfortunately, it still didn't work :/

The "hold fire" actually doesn't even seem to come up in the order list. Only Fire at Will and Fire on my Command.

Did you fix this bug while being a freelancer or did you have your own hired army? This is pretty important, because it happens especially in Freelancer.

Back
Top Bottom