How good is the "Uncanny Insight" "Eagle Eye" "Cavalry Tactics" perk and other perk questions from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

The 275 scouting perk gives you "Increase Party Speed by 0.1% for every skill level over 200."
So .75% at level 275? Or is it 7.5% speed? compared to Day 2% and night 5% perks(first perk set), .75 seems pretty miserly, or am I missing something/is it described wrong?
Also the perk says it's 'personal' but banner lord perks site says it's "if party leader has this perk". Does it work for you party if you scout has it or does it have to be the party leader?
Is it reasonably attainable to get 275 scouting? Scouting seems to raise 'okay' but I don't think I've got it past 170 on a scout even in very long games.

I'm trying to figure out some MC builds for long game. I'm thinking of going for the 250 leadership for an extra party, as that seems to be a distinct advantage.

Well a 7.5 percent increase which is nearly as good as Khuzait racial perk and the scouting perk is for all troops, not just cavalry correct? Since it's possible to get it up to 330 that's a 13% flat increase that's actually OP as hell. You could run down just about anyone especially if you have a lot of cav and the Khuzait racial perk.
I feel like maxing out Steward line is more practical than going for the 250 Leadership perk yeah it will help in the very late game, but by then you should be able to form armies of 1K+ easily so is having an extra 50-80 men actually worth it? Add to the fact that Steward levels up so much faster it just makes more sense to me. I typically get my Leadership around 125-150 and I stop worry about it. Also with a high Intelligence you can reasonably get a high medicine or engineering which imho are more useful than high levels or trade or charm unless you're playing as a trader or are trying to woo all the ladies. :fruity:

Well a 7.5 percent increase which is nearly as good as Khuzait racial perk and the scouting perk is for all troops, not just cavalry correct? Since it's possible to get it up to 330 that's a 13% flat increase that's actually OP as hell. You could run down just about anyone especially if you have a lot of cav and the Khuzait racial perk.
I feel like maxing out Steward line is more practical than going for the 250 Leadership perk yeah it will help in the very late game, but by then you should be able to form armies of 1K+ easily so is having an extra 50-80 men actually worth it? Add to the fact that Steward levels up so much faster it just makes more sense to me. I typically get my Leadership around 125-150 and I stop worry about it. Also with a high Intelligence you can reasonably get a high medicine or engineering which imho are more useful than high levels or trade or charm unless you're playing as a trader or are trying to woo all the ladies. :fruity:
The intelligence is good in
In warband INT/ STR horse archer leader is my ultimate build!
but I find eng and med to level abysmally slowly and eng to not have perks yet. It's too bad because only the MC can fill multiple roles at once.
What I looked at was the final stretch of steward versus leadership and the steward perks aren't that appealing to me, plus you 'might' be able to raise a companion (sister?) to max, but only the clan leader can really use the leadership high perks.

I might just spend some FP and sit on the attributes until I actually cap out the skills, to see which (if any) ever approach the 200+ range.

Also I really want to know what does the riding perk "Cavalry Tactics" exactly do when it "Increases Cav volunteer rate", I asked before but never got an answer lol. Does it add possible Cav units to slots or does it make it 30% more likely that slots with units that could become Cav (in the notables stock) do so instead of a different upgrade? Does this include HA as cav or does it reduce the chance of HA recruits (by making them Cav instead?) In short how good is it?
What troops and how many more will I really gain access to? I'm tempted to take it as it's a clan leader only, but the alternative of 50% reduced prisoner escape is good too.

Now what does "eagle eye" do? It says it increases zoom, I don't know wtf that means :sad: is this a first person view or how does it work? If I never use FP for archery is this a dead ability?

Also I really want to know what does the riding perk "Cavalry Tactics" exactly do when it "Increases Cav volunteer rate", I asked before but never got an answer lol. Does it add possible Cav units to slots or does it make it 30% more likely that slots with units that could become Cav (in the notables stock) do so instead of a different upgrade? Does this include HA as cav or does it reduce the chance of HA recruits (by making them Cav instead?) In short how good is it?
What troops and how many more will I really gain access to? I'm tempted to take it as it's a clan leader only, but the alternative of 50% reduced prisoner escape is good too.

Now what does "eagle eye" do? It says it increases zoom, I don't know wtf that means :sad: is this a first person view or how does it work? If I never use FP for archery is this a dead ability?
I believe eagle eye makes it so when you zoom in (use the shift key) you're able to focus in on targets farther away. I guess if you want to play as a an archer with a longbow or a crossbow it would be beneficial but otherwise it's pretty much a waste of a perk. The Cavalry tactics wording is very strange and I can't figure out wtf it means either.

I believe eagle eye makes it so when you zoom in (use the shift key) you're able to focus in on targets farther away. I guess if you want to play as a an archer with a longbow or a crossbow it would be beneficial but otherwise it's pretty much a waste of a perk. The Cavalry tactics wording is very strange and I can't figure out wtf it means either.
Yeah I zoom in so rarely I forgot about that.... took the other perk since I know I get shot often.

Now what about "Dauntless steed"? What is "stagger Damage"? Is that like poise? What is it without the perk? What does it do?
There's so many perks like this where it has terminology that's the only appearance of such in the game. It's tempting to just take to other one since I know what mount armor is, but I still wanna know!

Yeah I zoom in so rarely I forgot about that.... took the other perk since I know I get shot often.

Now what about "Dauntless steed"? What is "stagger Damage"? Is that like poise? What is it without the perk? What does it do?
There's so many perks like this where it has terminology that's the only appearance of such in the game. It's tempting to just take to other one since I know what mount armor is, but I still wanna know!
I am no expert so I am not sure:
If you get hit hard you stagger, meaning you can't move or attack for a short moment. The perk will increase the damage needed to cause stagger by 50%.

from Bannerlord Perks:

Level 250 Dauntless Steed

In-game Info

Increase your stagger damage threshold by 50% while mounted.
Mounted troops in your formation gain +5 armor.
Code Analysis (Beta v1.5.3)

This perk correctly multiplies the amount of incoming damage required to induce a stagger by 1.5 (+50%).
It also adds +5 armor for each body part for mounted troops in the hero's formation.

This can be found in the xmls, thats the basic(dmg?) for a stagger(i think)

<managed_core_parameter id="DamageInterruptAttackthresholdPierce" value="5.0"/>
<managed_core_parameter id="DamageInterruptAttackthresholdCut" value="5.0"/>
<managed_core_parameter id="DamageInterruptAttackthresholdBlunt" value="5.0"/>

so with the perk you will raise it to 7.5 dmg before you get staggered

If you understand Coding

public override float GetDailyVolunteerProductionProbability(Hero hero, int index, Settlement settlement)
{
float num = MathF.Clamp(MathF.Pow(((hero.IsRuralNotable && hero.Power >= 200f) ? 0.7f : 0.7f) + ((hero.CurrentSettlement != null && hero.CurrentSettlement.MapFaction.Fiefs.Count<Town>() < 11) ? ((float)(11 - hero.CurrentSettlement.MapFaction.Fiefs.Count<Town>()) * 0.02f) : 0f), (float)(index + 1)), 0f, 1f);
float num2 = 1f;
ExplainedNumber explainedNumber = new ExplainedNumber(1f, null);
Clan clan = hero.Clan;
if (((clan != null) ? clan.Kingdom : null) != null && hero.Clan.Kingdom.ActivePolicies.Contains(DefaultPolicies.Cantons))
{
num2 = 1.2f;
}
Town town = settlement.IsTown ? settlement.Town : settlement.Village.TradeBound.Town;
if (PerkHelper.GetPerkValueForTown(DefaultPerks.Riding.CavalryTactics, town) && hero.VolunteerTypes[index] != null && hero.VolunteerTypes[index].IsMounted)
{
Hero leader = town.Settlement.OwnerClan.Leader;
PerkHelper.AddPerkBonusForCharacter(DefaultPerks.Riding.CavalryTactics, leader.CharacterObject, true, ref explainedNumber);
}

return num * num2 * explainedNumber.ResultNumber;
}

If you want to get more information out of it you have to look into the PerkHelper Class and also in the DefaultPerks Class

Last edited:
I am no expert so I am not sure:
If you get hit hard you stagger, meaning you can't move or attack for a short moment. The perk will increase the damage needed to cause stagger by 50%.
from Bannerlord Perks:

Level 250 Dauntless Steed

In-game Info

Increase your stagger damage threshold by 50% while mounted.
Mounted troops in your formation gain +5 armor.
Code Analysis (Beta v1.5.3)

This perk correctly multiplies the amount of incoming damage required to induce a stagger by 1.5 (+50%).
It also adds +5 armor for each body part for mounted troops in the hero's formation.

This can be found in the xmls, thats the basic(dmg?) for a stagger(i think)

<managed_core_parameter id="DamageInterruptAttackthresholdPierce" value="5.0"/>
<managed_core_parameter id="DamageInterruptAttackthresholdCut" value="5.0"/>
<managed_core_parameter id="DamageInterruptAttackthresholdBlunt" value="5.0"/>

so with the perk you will raise it to 7.5 dmg before you get staggered

If you understand Coding

public override float GetDailyVolunteerProductionProbability(Hero hero, int index, Settlement settlement)
{
float num = MathF.Clamp(MathF.Pow(((hero.IsRuralNotable && hero.Power >= 200f) ? 0.7f : 0.7f) + ((hero.CurrentSettlement != null && hero.CurrentSettlement.MapFaction.Fiefs.Count<Town>() < 11) ? ((float)(11 - hero.CurrentSettlement.MapFaction.Fiefs.Count<Town>()) * 0.02f) : 0f), (float)(index + 1)), 0f, 1f);
float num2 = 1f;
ExplainedNumber explainedNumber = new ExplainedNumber(1f, null);
Clan clan = hero.Clan;
if (((clan != null) ? clan.Kingdom : null) != null && hero.Clan.Kingdom.ActivePolicies.Contains(DefaultPolicies.Cantons))
{
num2 = 1.2f;
}
Town town = settlement.IsTown ? settlement.Town : settlement.Village.TradeBound.Town;
if (PerkHelper.GetPerkValueForTown(DefaultPerks.Riding.CavalryTactics, town) && hero.VolunteerTypes[index] != null && hero.VolunteerTypes[index].IsMounted)
{
Hero leader = town.Settlement.OwnerClan.Leader;
PerkHelper.AddPerkBonusForCharacter(DefaultPerks.Riding.CavalryTactics, leader.CharacterObject, true, ref explainedNumber);
}

return num * num2 * explainedNumber.ResultNumber;
}

If you want to get more information out of it you have to look into the PerkHelper Class and also in the DefaultPerks Class
Thanks! I guess I'll take the other perks :smile:
I don't understand the Cavalry code, but thank you anyways!

Has anyone got to 275 in scouting? Was it faster then leadership?
I'm really not sure what to do with my char. I usually go for 7 end 7 riding but in past game I have came to feel that it becomes overkill and I cannot ever come close to high athletics :sad:
I've been using a companion scout but I'm think of taking it over and just trying to see with one get to 200 first, leadership or scouting. I'm saving my attributes.

Back
Top Bottom