Have I Messed Up?

Users who are viewing this thread

gurslak

Recruit
I'm on my first playthrough and happily chugging along, doing this and that. I became a vassal of the Battanians and despite taking and holding a castle the faction is now at war with multiple others and is losing ground.
I decided to do the honourable thing ( :wink: ) and abandon ship, so I got my release from vassalage. However, I now can't become a mercenary or vassal with another faction, the speech option is greyed out. I've tried with both Vlandians & Sturgians, both who were at war with Battania but currently at peace.

Have I messed up my game, or will the rectify itself with time, renown or influence? Do I need to start again?

Have I messed up my game, or will the rectify itself with time, renown or influence? Do I need to start again?
You have to make sure you're not at war with any factions and -- to be a mercenary -- don't hold any fiefs. If you've done that (no war as vassal; no war + no fiefs as merc) then it is a bug, yeah.

If you hover your mouse over the greyed-out text, it should have a tooltip that tells you the issue.

You have to make sure you're not at war with any factions and -- to be a mercenary -- don't hold any fiefs. If you've done that (no war as vassal; no war + no fiefs as merc) then it is a bug, yeah.

If you hover your mouse over the greyed-out text, it should have a tooltip that tells you the issue.
Ok thanks, as a Vassal I was at war with both the Sturgians and Vlandians, don't think I'm at war with anyone now. I definitely don't hold any fiefs.

The tooltip said something like need -10 influence/renown (can't remember which).

Ok, the tooltip says I need -10 relation with .

It doesn't give a specific name or faction and says this is I'm trying to join any faction.
I'm not at war or wanted by anyone.

Any help for this?

Ok, the tooltip says I need -10 relation with .

It doesn't give a specific name or faction and says this is I'm trying to join any faction.
I'm not at war or wanted by anyone.

Any help for this?
I've never seen that before, you might want to put in a bug report.

edit: wait, wait, did you execute someone?

I've never seen that before, you might want to put in a bug report.

edit: wait, wait, did you execute someone?
Yeah, I executed a lot of Sturgian lords in an effort to turn the tide of war when I was a vassal with the Battanians.

Yeah, I executed a lot of Sturgian lords in an effort to turn the tide of war when I was a vassal with the Battanians.
Urgh. Then it isn't a bug. Someone you executed was honorable or well-liked and now no one wants you around. Like @Poddicus said, you done ****ed it up.

There is only a few ways to increase ruler relations past the -10 threshold and that's by either giving them money and items through the barter menu (slow, grindy) or by jumping into a battle to assist them. But it most likely that they are much lower than -10. You might actually be -100 in a few cases.

The penalties for executing someone in Bannerlord, in case you or anyone else is curious:
If the victim had the dishonorable trait you suffer the following relations losses:
  • -30 with the victim's clan
  • -15 with the victim's friends
  • -5 with the victim's faction
Otherwise you lose:
  • -60 with the victim's clan
  • -30 with the victim's friends
  • -10 with the victim's faction
  • -10 with all honorable lords
Non-stacking, mutually exclusive.

Urgh. Then it isn't a bug. Someone you executed was honorable or well-liked and now no one wants you around. Like @Poddicus said, you done ****ed it up.

There is only a few ways to increase ruler relations past the -10 threshold and that's by either giving them money and items through the barter menu (slow, grindy) or by jumping into a battle to assist them. But it most likely that they are much lower than -10. You might actually be -100 in a few cases.

The penalties for executing someone in Bannerlord, in case you or anyone else is curious:

Non-stacking, mutually exclusive.
Ok thanks!

Looks like I'll be restarting from an earlier save then.

How do you find out your standing with a lord or clan? Do I have to go through the encyclopedia?

Kinda wish some of this info was a bit easier to find.

Ok thanks!

Looks like I'll be restarting from an earlier save then.

How do you find out your standing with a lord or clan? Do I have to go through the encyclopedia?

Kinda wish some of this info was a bit easier to find.
You can check on your page in the encyclopedia for broad strokes. Friends are above +10, roughly. Enemies are below -10 or thereabouts.
63nPd0M.jpg

You can also hover your mouse over their name in the dialogue screen, it brings up a tooltip/bar with your current relations.
kQT3pT4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom