e1.7.0.299494
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

RocketmanDan

Recruit
Summary:
I have a UK ISO layout keyboard. As long as I can remember, even with Warband, the key bindings page detects the wrong keys (I think either UK ANSI or US ANSI) So the default binding's don't actually line up with reality for some things, and when I manually enter bindings the game registers it as a different key. My alphanumeric and F keys are all fine but the ones that use punctuation or symbol keys are scuffed.

For the next section where I describe keys I type all of the characters that are on the key so there is no confusion. For example my key with comma and at symbol will be shown as '@

View character is on "Extended key 1" which is actually my `¬¦ key before the 1 on the top row, and sheath claims to be on ' but is actually on my #~ key which also always opens the combat log. When I press my actual '@ key to bind it in the settings, it registers as ~.

Anyone else had this and know how to get it to register properly? Or maybe it's a bug due to implementation of keyboard detection? I've never seen anyone else post about this and when I have in the past I've got some very unhelpful comments about setting up my keyboard correctly. My keyboard works perfectly fine in every other application and for text. I've had this persist on multiple desktops with keyboards and with laptops.

How to Reproduce:
Run the game with a correctly functioning UK ISO layout keyboard.

Have you used cheats and if so which:
No

Scene Name (if related):
All

Media (Screenshots & Video):

Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 1080 Ti
GPU Driver Version: Don't know, not really relevant for this issue.
CPU: Intel i7 4770k
RAM: 16 GB DDR3
Motherboard: MSI z97 Gaming 5
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1TB Crucial SSD. Don't know the model but doubt it's important.

Back
Top Bottom