Duel tips for everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah the longer the duel goes on with the same person opening moves become this rock paper scissors thing of a guessing game. Sometimes I've won/lost a few with just a stupid newbie timed run up slap attack because after 30 min of intense duels you just don't expect that.

I also have a huge problem with running in after my attacks which would explain the chamber face smash moves. Currently I tend to just get boots in the face when I do it now, but that is something I actively have to fix about my attacks, to stop coming forward at kick range rather then just straight in.

Reapy said:
Yeah the longer the duel goes on with the same person opening moves become this rock paper scissors thing of a guessing game. Sometimes I've won/lost a few with just a stupid newbie timed run up slap attack because after 30 min of intense duels you just don't expect that.

I also have a huge problem with running in after my attacks which would explain the chamber face smash moves. Currently I tend to just get boots in the face when I do it now, but that is something I actively have to fix about my attacks, to stop coming forward at kick range rather then just straight in.

Sounds like we have exactly the same problem. I used to do this every single time, and didn't learn because most players are too rubbish to punish it so I won anyway.

But recently I've been playing some better people and am finally breaking the habit... sort of. Sometimes.

Definitely got the opening down, but I sometimes forget what I'm doing in the middle of a long fight.

Yeah, its funny actually but I think I do best when the fight gets stupid long/fast because I can think a lot better at that point. It is like the pressure builds up enough to finally wake me up out of this post work relaxation haze and I can start messing with the rhythm, but the way kick is so devastating now that you have to sort of multitask and make sure of your range while doing everything else. Over time you can start to 'feel' when someone is going to kick you and duck around it but I have to be reallly awake to pull that off.

Well as usual you guys make me wish I had a european vacation home I could lock myself up in and duel you guys with a good ping :smile:

Reapy said:
Yeah, its funny actually but I think I do best when the fight gets stupid long/fast because I can think a lot better at that point. It is like the pressure builds up enough to finally wake me up out of this post work relaxation haze and I can start messing with the rhythm, but the way kick is so devastating now that you have to sort of multitask and make sure of your range while doing everything else. Over time you can start to 'feel' when someone is going to kick you and duck around it but I have to be reallly awake to pull that off.

Well as usual you guys make me wish I had a european vacation home I could lock myself up in and duel you guys with a good ping :smile:

Or better yet, come to Australia.

All the best players live here :wink:

I will have to create a house somewhere along the equator in the center of the world, just a small hut in the middle of the ocean, there I will train myself physically and virtually 24-7, would totally be worth it :smile:

Hmm....
I've only just started dueling, but I've found going in with Heavy armour, a decent shield, and a One handed War Axe is the best way to go. When I done that, I got 3 kills before taking any damage, and that was all from players who had been wiping the floor with me beforehand

Since i myself think that duels with a shield somewhat destroy the purpose and fun of duels, I only use them on battleservers and I wont duel shieldguys most of the time.

But against shieldusers, kicks work really good, since they tend to facehug you, because you have the greater reach and some shieldusers will even be beaten by simply spamming swings, they hold out as long as their shield lasts, but not much longer.
And i dont like dueling in heavy armour either, i like the thrill of dieing instantly when i miss a block, or killing your enemy with a beautiful double feint. Its quite annoying to see your opponent live through such an attack simply because of their armour.
And of course i dont like to be so slow xD

And great to see you here, reapy, i have to say that your guides are awesome and they helped me alot when i began playing in the beta! =)
and i really have to agree with you, im too impatiend too xD

I would like to duel you sometimes, if that were possible, even thought i would probably die most of the time ^^
but thats the way i learn, i challange the ones that beat me all the time, just to kill them a couple of times and sometimes after you notice that your skill got up
some may be frustrated by dieing all the time, but i think its definitely more interesting than killing people with one or two strikes, because they cant manually block

Nice guide.
Question if enemy "fear" to attack and hold really all the time the attack button, would you try to chamber him (or attack in same direction...)
1. as 2H
2. as 1H/shield
?

Great guide. Tiny little mistake in the chamberblock section. An overhead swing is chamberblocked only by another overhead swing, and a thrust can be chamberblocked by another thrust or an overhead. I always assumed this was to give weapons like the scimitar (which can't thrust) a chance to chamberblock a thrust

Stabbing Hobo said:
There's a mistake about kicking. It is possible to block while kicking, so missing a kick is in no way a free hit to your opponent.
Not if you have shield.

Back
Top Bottom