SP Native Don't Stop Me Now (mounted combat tweaks)

Users who are viewing this thread

Compatible version
e1.5.6-e1.5.7

bm01

Sergeant
Available on Nexus (recommended) and Workshop.
Compatible v1.0.0, v1.0.1, v1.0.2 (beta branch).

Originally I made this mod because I really didn't like the way horses reared up when getting hit by a pitchfork. I understood why that was in the game but I found it extremely poorly implemented. Thought I could share it since it seemed to be a popular opinion.

Then people asked me to be able to tweak some values. Then people wanted to be able to increase charge damage too... Quickly the scope of the mod widened, and it now aims at giving the player control over stuff related to mounted combat. Mostly values editing, but there's also a few new mechanics.

Here's a quick list of the current features and what's possible to do (all are optional):
  • Tweak charge damage and damage type. Enable mount vs mount damage / infantry vs mount damage (previously named "self-inflicted").
  • Tweak rear up mechanics. Add a "cooldown". Add a "fatigue bar" (non-visible) that's filled up when receiving damage.
  • Add a chance for the rider to fall off his horse if it rears up, resistance chance based on the rider's Riding skill.
  • Tweak knockback and knockdown mechanics.
  • Tweak dismount mechanics. Make it chance based again. Add the "Can Dismount" flag to any weapon of your choice.
  • Make any polearm you want couchable or braceable.
  • Make troop upgrades not require mounts.
Everything can be configured either by editing a text file or, if you have Mod Configuration Menu 5.2.0+, through an in-game menu. It comes with a recommended preset (the settings I personally use).

Can be installed mid-campaign and removed at any time.

And that's about it! If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to post them here or on Nexus.

Last edited:
Bumping this thread up for the first time in almost two years! I've updated the description above with the latest additions (can't edit "Compatible version" for some reason). Old and not very popular mods tend to have a very low visibility on Nexus, being only visible by checking the "Last Updated" tab and only for a day or so.

Back
Top Bottom