Diablo II

Users who are viewing this thread

Actually, the necromancer on Diablo II is meant to be an anti-hero, driven by nothing but desire for power, and rather evil himself. I have played a LOT of Diablo II - probably more than any other game except WoW. I suppose the D2 necromancer and the WoW Warlock were a great deal of my inspiration for Solid and Shade. :grin:

Thanks for the homage. The Bloodfountain is pleased. :twisted:

N0ught said:
Actually, the necromancer on Diablo II is meant to be an anti-hero, driven by nothing but desire for power, and rather evil himself. I have played a LOT of Diablo II - probably more than any other game except WoW. I suppose the D2 necromancer and the WoW Warlock were a great deal of my inspiration for Solid and Shade. :grin:

lol y/w :grin: 

can hardly wait for D3 to come out, hope i get a beta key :smile:

N0ught said:

quite incorrect, chap. the necromancers of the diablo universe are raised and trained within a very peculiar, isolated culture, whose purpose and making is quite noble, actually. they would throw away their lives in a second for the better of the world. upholders of balance, them. not power hungry and evil. the necromancer character in diablo 2 is no exception.

you should read the diablo books.. terribly interesting, and nearly all of them revolving around a necromancer character.

doop said:
N0ught said:

quite incorrect, chap. the necromancers of the diablo universe are raised and trained within a very peculiar, isolated culture, whose purpose and making is quite noble, actually. they would throw away their lives in a second for the better of the world. upholders of balance, them. not power hungry and evil. the necromancer character in diablo 2 is no exception.

you should read the diablo books.. terribly interesting, and nearly all of them revolving around a necromancer character.

Yup, doop got it right here, most Necromancers commonly wish to shape the world into something better by understanding what makes it worse.  They use death magic, and necromancy to reach their own power and meet their goals. But if ones sacrifice can stop horrible things from happening, Necromancers will commonly do it, not fearing death having used it as a weapon for so long.

Back
Top Bottom