Combat Character Guide

Users who are viewing this thread

Archonsod

An old salt from the mainland
Marquis
Combat wombat character guide (for v0.751) by Fisheye

This is a brief guide to skill allocations for an all-purpose fighting character, good at all kinds of fighting: mounted and unmounted ranged and melee combat, since fighting is what Mount and Blade is all about.

I'll assume we're using bows. Throwing weapons may be substituted; just replace Power Draw with Power Throw everywhere in the guide. We're ignoring crossbows since they can't be used on horseback.

Basically, the idea is just to pour points into Power Strike, Power Draw, Athletics, and Horse Archery, and, less importantly, Riding. Leave all the party skills to your NPC cronies. I keep a low leadership skill since I rely on my NPC's Tactics skill to turn the battle to my favour, so I don't need to drag around a massive army.

• Start with squire or court lady.
  • First few levels: Get your strength to something decent (10-12) so you can use most weapons and have decent power draw for bows. Drop a few points into leadership; I tend to go with 6 cha and 2 leadership.
  • Pump points into dexterity until you get 18. Go for athletics 6, riding 4. Dump all excess points into power strike and power draw. This should happen around level 6-10.
  • Pump points into strength until you have 30. Max out power strike and power draw. Every 3 levels drop one point into horse archery. This should be complete around mid-late level 20s
  • Pump points into dexterity. Pour points into athletics, riding and horse archery.

Back
Top Bottom