Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

bbaydogdu

Sergeant
Summary: Game gets consistently crash on campaign map. (1.8.0)
How to Reproduce
: Roaming around or just standing still on the campaign.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 1060
GPU Driver Version: Latest
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
RAM: 8gb
Motherboard: Asrock AB-350
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD
Hi there! Game crashes over and over while roaming the lands with the same exact crash report. I'm playing with lots of mods. I tried disabling one by one but never managed to find out which one is causing the crash. I even disabled all mods but it didn't fix the issue. I'm not looking for any developer assistance. I'm asking experienced players and modders. If you guys ever experienced the same thing please let me know why is this happenning and is there any way to fix this. I would be grateful. I've also seen threads that mention similar issue occurs on campaign map with different crash reports.
Have a nice day folks!

Here's the crash report:

Reasons

Source: TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

- Inner exception

Source: No module
No inner exception was thrown

- Callstacks

Protip: Use a debugger like dnSpy or Visual studio to trace the source of error, by stepping the program line by line. You can restart with dnSpy attached.
Inner exception callstack:No inner exception was thrown
Outer exception callstack: at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CharacterDevelopment.DefaultSkillLevelingManager.OnHeroHealedWhileWaiting(MobileParty mobileParty, Int32 healingAmount)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Hero.HealByAmountInternal(PartyBase party, Int32 healingAmount, Boolean addXp)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignBehaviors.PartyHealCampaignBehavior.HealHeroes(MobileParty mobileParty, Single& heroesHealingValue)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignBehaviors.PartyHealCampaignBehavior.TryHealOrWoundParty(MobileParty mobileParty, Boolean isCheckingForPlayerRelatedParty)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignBehaviors.PartyHealCampaignBehavior.OnQuarterDailyPartyTick(MobileParty mobileParty)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MbEvent`1.InvokeList(EventHandlerRec`1 list, T t)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEvents.QuarterDailyPartyTick(MobileParty mobileParty)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEventDispatcher.QuarterDailyPartyTick(MobileParty party)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignPeriodicEventManager.PeriodicTicker`1.PeriodicTickSome(Double timeUnitsElapsed)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignPeriodicEventManager.TickPeriodicEvents()
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.Tick()
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameState.MapState.OnMapModeTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameState.MapState.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameStateManager.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.Game.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameManagerBase.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.OnApplicationTick_Patch1(Module this, Single dt)

Facing the same issue and was not able to fix it yet. I also have mods and tried to disable them but did not help.
When checking the callbacks stack, I did notice that the issue was related to the hero heal event, so I tried using the console to heal the whole party, hoping it would prevent the code executing, but it did not help.

Lastly, I did notice that it might be location based or some NPC on the map, because on one save, I moved from the Norther Empire to the east and it would freeze, I relaunched the game and loaded the save and moved to the same place again and it froze almost at the same spot. Then I decided to move west instead and it did not freeze for a while.

I just found out it's caused by serve as soldier mod. There is an easy fix though. If you go into the "ServeAsSoldier" folder in the modules, open settings.xml and change the "AIrecruitwander" to false it will solve the problem. But you have to start a new campaign.

I just found out it's caused by serve as soldier mod. There is an easy fix though. If you go into the "ServeAsSoldier" folder in the modules, open settings.xml and change the "AIrecruitwander" to false it will solve the problem. But you have to start a new campaign.

Interesting.. I also have the mod. I checked the mod page for related info and someone stated that the crash is not directly caused by the mod, it's simply increases the chance of it occurring.

Well, I didn't have a crash on campaign map ever since I made that change in the settings file. It did the trick for me. There are other rare crashes of course because serve as soldier mod is buggy as hell so there is nothing to do about that. But now atleast I can play for hours without game crashing.

Back
Top Bottom