Search results for query: *

• Users: JoeK
  • Order by date
  1. Win7 crashes. **FIX** <Anybody with RGL errors look here>

Computica said:
    JoeK said:
    If i turn the texture settings down to 70%, i get no crashes.

Maybe this should be made well known to people who are having crashes similar to mine?
    One of the horse meshes crashes the game when entering battle: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,214489.0.html

I tried the fix and it did not work. The only thing that DID work was setting the texture settings to under 70%
  2. Win7 crashes. **FIX** <Anybody with RGL errors look here>

If i turn the texture settings down to 70%, i get no crashes.

Maybe this should be made well known to people who are having crashes similar to mine?
  3. Win7 crashes. **FIX** <Anybody with RGL errors look here>

Confirmed they still occur. :/

It only happens during in battle scenes, sometimes before they show up, sometimes after 2-3 of them, and sometimes in the middle of just one long battle. I have no idea what to do and want to play this -_-

The game just crashes to desktop with no error message. I just get "Mount&Blade has stopped working."

If it matters, i have an AMD Phehom x4 9750 and an AMD Radeon 6870

ADD: This ONLY happens using SoD, not native M&B
  4. Win7 crashes. **FIX** <Anybody with RGL errors look here>

This didnt start happening until i downloaded V5.0 I uninstalled and am re-downloading and installing the game/mod at this time. (Mount&Blade original) My question is, are there any known win7 problems with 5.0B1? The crashes only occured during battles, and after 2-3 minutes of playing in...
  5. Morale Issues

I am in a mod, so i cannot use the tweaks (couldnt find the approppriate location put the morale one.). I always keep my inventory stocked full with a wide variety of food. (they LOVE to eat too!) Considering i just defeated the Khergit Khanate, i did quite a bit of fighting... *loads memory editor with freeze option*
  6. Which Style do you Play ?

X-Warrior-X said:
    Actually the Khergits give me the best challenge, they alone stopped the Imperial Invasion, and then proceeded to assrape the Rhodoks and Vaegirs.

THEY stopped the invasion? My whole empire (except one of my lords, cause he had a 1600 person army) fell to the legion, not including me.
  7. Which is your homeland favourite faction ?

Marinians.  I like being in a "republic", seeing "Senator Brabas" or "Representative Marmun" is pretty awesome. Troop wise, their Condottieri are pretty awesome and in combination with Natural Philosophy, their muskets come in handy during seiges.
  8. Morale Issues

In theory, it does not make sense.  If you can pay them, feed them, win all the time, and get into battles every now and then, i dont see why you would leave to go join some deserters and be crushed by a faction anyway.

pampl said:
    Soldiers are bloodthirsty in M&B.  Keep them in combat all the time and they'll stay happy.  Sometimes it's worth running down looters etc just for the morale your men will get from tearing them to pieces.
  9. Getting my vassals to use mercenaries?

Azn_soul said:
    the pact you signed with the conquistadors, only applies to you, your vassals will not get them unless you manually give them troops which will eventually end up garrison the castle or fief(exception village) also slaves are cheaper in logic
    hope that helped

in theory, slaves dont make ideal troops as compared to actual mercenaries.  i see other factions (swadia for example) using all their mercenaries, and not just the king.
  10. Getting my vassals to use mercenaries?

So, i signed a pact with the Conquistadores (typo?) but i still see my vassals using the slavers for mercenaries, is this normal? (v4.57 gold)
  11. Morale Issues

My sincere apologies if this has been posted before or many times. I have an army of 430 men right now.  How can i stop people from deserting?! I have to buy them a barrel of ale at any time i visit a town and have to keep every item of every peice of food in my inventory or tons of my men just...
  12. What happens to Kings?

JaimeLannister said:
    They die lonely and broken men.  :cool:

They die? I took the Vaegirs last city and saw him ride off with his remaining Vassals, and a few seconds later, "KINGDOM OF VAEGIRS IS NO MORE", then he "disappears" while the rest of his vassals switch factions.
  13. Compilation of 82 little tweaks to the text files to change your gameplay(links)

if i edit in Native, will it work for a mod? (Im using Sword Of Damolcles spefically, it has a new folder in /modules)
  14. What happens to Kings?

.... When you defeat them? If you click on their name on the character list, it goes to the person on the top of the list. (this is assuming that faction is defeated)
  15. [V4.5] REPORTED BUGS LIST / VERSION 4.57 (hotfixes here)

Bug 160 only happens when you dont go to the keep before you go to duel him.
  16. Other lords joining you.

It happened again, hmmm. Will they join me even if i dont have enough territory for them?
  17. Other lords joining you.

So, i defeated the Kingdom of Vaegirs, and Boyard Marmum, offered to join me. I said yes, is this normal? Can i expect other Vaegir vassals and other kindgoms (given i defeat them) to join me? (im already over my 20 lord limit; 21 now that marmum joined me.) How is that calculated? Relations...
  18. Consolidated Brainstorm list for Future SoD Versions

Alu said:
    Will there ever be a V5? If yes, who is working on it?

There is a beta version of the new version (cba to get the version). It is in active developement if all else is wrong :p.

-- snip --

My ideas:
    Marriage system (perhaps stealing ladies from an existing lord causing him to go angry and declare war)
    An active Marshal (either you make one of your lords the marshal)
    -- Im sick and tired of seeing other marshals being proactive in the war and mine just sitting around with the chancellor and treasurer.
    --- If the marshal dies or is caputred, you can speak to your chancellor to promote a new one.
    More options for treasurer
    -- Adding men to caravans, etc
    -- Investments are actually dependant on whether caravans make it to their destinations or not.
    -- Perhaps global tax regulations
    -- Delegating money to your lords as a whole (delegating x% of your finances to your lords to help out)
    Making some heir system
    -- either making one of your lords a heir or using the marriage system to make your own heir (and adjust it so you dont need to wait 18 or so years for him to be usable)
    Living towns
    -- people actually talk to each other, or the guards, and actually go places
    -- bigger towns, where you can get lost in a maze of streets
    -- the taverns have normal people in them (more if you buy the town a whole keg of ale)
    -- a "building" where your army rests (maybe put the top men in there to keep it from overcrowding)
    -- some houses visitable
    -- remove the menu items so you have to walk around in the town to get to places
    --- some beggars may come up and talk to you and beg for money (if your a ****, you can get the guards to arrest him)
    -- Guards make patrols in town
    --- a guard will walk around with the population (in a set path so they dont wander arround looking like an idiot)
    -- Lords resting can sometimes be seen in the tavern or in the market place (same for some guards/your resting army)

More military adjustments:
    -- I am honestly SICK AND PISSED at sieging castles/towns. Seriously, ONE ladder for ALL your men? (im using battlesizer mod but even 100 was annoying).  If i wasent the first one at the ladder my men would be slaughtered (2 men could fit on the ladder VS the 20 at the walls). Trying to get up a ladder/siege tower with your men on it is simply irritating. Possibly taking your skill into count, and asking how many ladders you want would be great (add a max # per castle seeing as every castle may not support the same # of ladders).
    -- Better autoresolve
    --- See: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131493.0.html

Skirmish adjustments.
    -- Should make it menu based instead of dialog based as its too long and repetivie to setup a battle.
    -- Forbid the export of the Jester (i did that and changed the name of the file and made my guy invincible skill wise :razz:)

Variety of lords per faction.
    -- The republic of Marinian shouldnt have the same lords as the antarians etc

Random events
    -- Maybe the Antarian (random) empire sets a foothold in Calradia (you dont know they are there until  they capture a settlement)
    --- Could be derived from a large group of deserters ( i saw a group of 400 deserters once, mostly full of antarian men )
    -- Maybe a ship fleet crashes and a huge group of sea raiders (maybe 100-200 of them at one time) and they start raiding nearby towns (they dont make a faction seeing as they are just bandits)
    -- Natural disasters
    --- Effects the posperity, health, population of villages, towns, and could damage buildings rendering them useless until fixed.

Your own claimant
    -- Sometimes a lords relation gets really low ( i had a lord at -86 relations once ), and he rebels against your faction.
    --- Possibly he unites with an old hero of your party (considering one left you).

Diplomatic Adjustments
    -- Able to make alliances (given a whole system, i will explain more in a short bit)
    -- Able to merge kindgoms (yet again, a whole system)
    -- Bribery, more options for peace
    -- ACTUAL diplomats
    --- If the diplmats (escored by guards or w/e, customizable) are killed, the kingdom does not receive the message. (adds the possibility of the kingdom purposely killing the diplomat to avoid relations)

Diplomatic System
    -- Bribery depends on the other lords relation with the king, his number of villages/estates and his relation with your faction AND your relation.
    --- richer lords are less likely to leave seeing as they are set as is
    --- poor-er lords may require multiple payments or one huge lump sum
    --- bribing one lord may work until the king recognizes it and instills fear into his lords (or whatever it shall be)
    -- Diplomatic depends on faction relations, if you have gone to war in the past, and common enemies.
    --- Failed diplomacy makes each concurrent diplomatic encounter less likely to work.
    --- Depends on your skills of administration or intrigues (seeing as they are both noble skills)
    --- Depends on past problems (if youe gone to war, how many of their estates youve taken)
    --- Basically, diplomacy depends on the topic; alliances are touchy subjects but....  peace is a little more likely to be signed upon.
    -- Option to cancel peace treaties
    --- Ask their king if they want to cancel it for w/e reason; same goes for them asking you

As for diplomatic relations involving badboy, i personally dont like badboy. For example, i took a vageir city, which is reasonable for badboy, but then i declared peace. They re-waged war on me, and i took a few cities in retaliation (can cause i had money saved up), and my badboy was at 40, then swadia declared war on me (swadia is at war with the vaegirs too).  the badboy system needs a redo, add that to the list too :p.

So, thats my list of suggestions, and it may change as time goes on. I will post updates as spoilers so you can see what i added to the list at what edit i did it at.

Town Guard Options:
    Options for appointing a town garrison captain.  Able to make patrols via that captain, and set the aggresive levels of the patrols/their willpower to chase down surrounding enemies.

Breaking peace treaties:
    Both parties must agree to cancel a peace treaty if its brought up; forgot to include that bit

19. [V4.5] REPORTED BUGS LIST / VERSION 4.57 (hotfixes here)

WiSe-GuY said:
    I get this message all the time.

SCRIPT ERROR ON OPCODE 2281:Invalid Party ID:262; LINE NO:130:
    At script: get_random_quest
    At script: get_random_quest

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it still happens.

Any ideas on how to fix it?

it happens all the time, i wouldnt be worried by it
  20. Play as the Legion? : D

X-Warrior-X said:
    Use blunt weapons, imprison around 4000 imperial troops, and there ya go.

I mean to officially play as the Legion!
Back
Top Bottom