Search results for query: *

1. Wam Knight

Swadian Role Play Server Launched! -Old Thread-

Lord Blueberry of Swadia said:
    Sweet! So how do i get started?
    You could dive right into the server but if you do so there is a big chance you won't know what to do. That is why it's strongly advised that you read this starters guide to ensure that you will not run into any problems. This guide tells you exactly what you need to know. Two other useful things to do are printing the command list and registering on our forum

Oh my, quite an amount of reading will have to be done before I can properly dive in to this. May it be possible to visit the server as an unnamed peasant, just to see how you guys do it?

This looks fantastic btw, just from the description.
  2. Wam Knight

Breaking News!

Skandinav said:
    Another good one :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPDNjcN12Zw

I demand for self-buffing, loony-berserk dances in place for the berserkers' taunts, and also a rework of their running animation for berserker-exclusive frolicking.
  3. Wam Knight

Screenshots & Videos OLD

ProjectAngel said:
    Trailer

Youtube doesn't like a couple of the fades for some reason. I tried rendering with different codecs but no joy so you will just have to put up with it unless you can tell me how to fix it. :razz:

Hey, did you use any recorded clips from yesterday, by any chance? If you did, do you remember which ones?
  4. Wam Knight

[M]Glances Everywhere - a wimpy joke mod for wimps

Mattk50 said:
    sounds like a good mod for blocking practice, and boy do i need that.

This.

-is what I was going for, initially (duels, specifically). Then I nerfed more crap.
  5. Wam Knight

Added a second video.
    Since I can't record audio right now, I put in some different sound effects to make it much better.

For people that are too lazy to go back to the original post:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdmAZClME04
  6. Wam Knight

Hibiki said:
    CAV ARE OP NERF THEM!!!  :mrgreen:

Really though, this thread made my day. We need more modders like you, good sir!

Perhaps with you as an inspiration, I might finally work up the nerve to post my own crappy excuse for a mod!  :wink:

Don't you worry about those horses, good sir.

I forgot to mention that horses do crap damage and fall in about three to six hits or so. Plus, lances (excluding the light lance, don't know why I didn't bother) cannot be used on horse back, which kind of ruins the purpose of those weapons. Still, they're pretty powerful weapons on foot, just have to learn how to use them with their speed ratings of 10.

I should try to find out how to nerf fists... nah.
  7. Wam Knight

*Note: This modification, which is just the item_kinds1.txt and main.bmp, is very small and can be made by anyone with a lot of free time. The modifier of these uploaded files just had a lot of free time and had nothing else to do. If you do not wish to download these modified files, that is...
  8. Wam Knight

AAR ~Sa-alaac'mcburg no Weinstein: Adventures and Shenanigans~

((I can double-post in AAR's, right?))

Note: After the week long vacation, I kinda forgot what happened ingame after my first post. Ah well, here we go.

Chapter 1

Despite the looters' intimidating approach, Sa-alaac'mcburg no Weinstein's mighty saddle horse trotted circles around the bandits while the rider continuously rained bolts on them. Try as they might, they could never get close to the mount, so it was up to the stone-slingers to do the job. However, the only injuries that rider got was two bruises on his nipple and big toe. Not too long after taking out about six of the men, the last ones begun to flee to the hills in the distant, though they were already tired out from all the yelling they've been doing. The fleeing men were mercilessly run-overed by the horseman.
    mb12i.jpg
    Looking through the loot, Sa-alaac'mcburg no Weinstein found some nice looking nomad armor and a cap to go with it. Eager to make money, he turned around and rode to Jelkala. There, he sold the loot for some denars and turned in the prisoners for a good sum. But after speaking with the ransom broker, Sa-alaac'mcburg no Weinstein noticed the big-eyed merchant somewhat glaring at him. His face wore a look that said, So, where's your recruits? The adventurer almost forgot and blasted through the tavern door, while the merchant gave himself a palm to the face. Jumping on his steed, he then sped to the village he was heading to before.

At the village, the looter look-alike rode around the place, looking for the village elder. When Sa-alaac'mcburg no Weinstein finally found the old man, he asked, "Old man! Does this village have any lads fit for a man such as me?" But, the elder responded with a shocked/awkward expression. Then, the would-be leader corrected himself, "What I mean is, are any men here who can fight for me?"

"Ah, so that's what you meant," the elder whispered to himself. Clearing his throat, he called out to two men leaning on a wall, "Jeph! Korwen! Are you two still wanting to leave this 'dump-of-a-village'?" The men looked at him, then each other, then at him again, and waved to him. As they walked over, the elder muttered to Sa-alaac'mcburg no Weinstein, "Those two are er.... reliable." Sa-alaac'mcburg no Weinstein just nodded and payed the man. Now, he has two recruits, but it's still not enough to take on the bandits. He decided to head to the village in the west, next.
    mb10px.jpg
    However, when he asked if the village had recruits, the elder there instead asked if Sa-alaac'mcburg no Weinstein can train them peasants. He replied bluntly, "You peasants have no business taking up arms. Just pay the bandits and be off with it." Of course, the man would have said something nicer, but he felt he had no choice. Then, he decided to head south.
    mb11p.jpg
    After a few hours of travel, Jeph and Korwen begun to ask Sa-alaac'mcburg no Weinstein questions about how much will they be payed and when payday will come. He got them to shut up after paying them a denar each. Recruits are annoying, he muttered to himself.
  9. Wam Knight

AAR ~Sa-alaac'mcburg no Weinstein: Adventures and Shenanigans~

I'm new at this AAR-thing, but it sure sounds a lot like RPing, 'cept that it's just me and the NPCs. Settings Battle Size: I forgot Combat Speed: Faster Damage to Player: Normal Damage to Friends: Normal Combat AI: Good Campaign AI: Good Background: Sa-alaac'mcburg no Weinstein doesn't not...
  10. Wam Knight

Calradia Invaded-RP thread

Adalbuhr, watching his new friend train

Sitting on a frost-covered log and munching on an apple, the warrior monk observed the training of Harding Odibrand. The Nord veteran wielded the two Byzaterrean swords that both curved back towards the tip of the blade. Surprisingly, the blades had engravings on them that were looked incongruous to any part of Byzaterrean culture.

Getting in a stance, right sword vertical, left sword tilted towards the other, Odibrand faced two small sacks of beans, suspended by rope tied to a high branch. Today, Odibrand wanted to work on accuracy, so to further master the handling of his new weapons. He slashed with his right arm, knocking the right target forward. He, then, followed with slashing the left target with his off-hand sword. Returning to hit the attacker, the first sack swung back at the warrior. Already predicting the incoming strike, he quickly brought up his left sword. But, he moved the sword upward too much, missing the target by a hair and cutting into the rope. Pausing his training, Odibrand caught the next in coming attack and muttered something about the swords being very light. Then, he got into stance and resumed practice.

Half-watching and half-daydreaming, Adalbuhr stared at the wild motion of steel, flashing light around spontaneously. In his mind, he wondered about the day when he will have to travel out and fight for the Calradians. He wondered if he can find his niece, Ophelia, or if he'll die in a battle before seeing her. Then, Odibrand sliced one of the sacks open, spilling the beans onto the snowy ground.
  11. Wam Knight

((LIVE, DAMN YOU! D:<))

Ophelia, about to go to sleep in her tent.

"It's getting colder," she whispered to herself. She wrapped her blanket around her body as she sat on her sleeping mat. For a minute, she thought about what happened today; she helped out her fellow refugees and met another knight. She, then, wondered about her father, unintentionally.

Suddenly, a breeze blew the tent's entrance open and brought in a handful of snowflakes. The girl felt the slight chill and looked in response. The snow that flew in had already begun to melt. Curious, she crawled to the opening to gaze outside. The night sky wasn't dotted with stars but, instead, with snow that showered from above. The ground was slowly putting on its blanket of snow. Ophelia was surprised; she lost her timing of the seasons when she was in Jelkala.

As the girl stared in astonishment, she spotted a figure carrying a lantern in a distance. It came closer to her in a wide, sluggish zigzag pattern. Soon, the figure turned out to be a guard on night-duty. The man was dressed in a coat of furs, though he wore a great helm, despite the cold. Seeing the "bucket," Ophelia immediately thought it was Firentis, and, for some reason, felt a bit happy about it. However, as the guard approached her tent, she realized it was someone else; his outfit did not display Firentis's coat of arms.

"Hey," the man called out in a rough tone, "just getting ready to sleep?" Ophelia just nodded a little and closed up her tent without saying anything more. A bit puzzled, the guard just shrugged and continued his patrol. "I hope I get this done soon," he muttered to himself.
  12. Wam Knight

Adalbuhr, inside a fellow soldier's tent

Before, winter's snow begun to fall when Adalbuhr came back to his usual spot of his hammock. Not wanting to sleep in the cold, he searched for a place to stay at. Luckily, a man of the name Harding Odibrand, whom Adalbuhr recognizes as a Nord soldier who trained with two swords, allowed him to stay at his tent.

Inside the tent, the monk organized his possessions in a corner and spread his hammock out on the ground like a mat, though the host already has animal furs laid out but away from the small fire in the middle. While he was preparing to sleep for the night, Odibrand cut a piece of dried meat for his supper and another for his guest.

"Thanks," he said as he took a bite of the slice. As they ate, he noticed Odibrand's two swords propped up next to a large bag in another corner; a light reflected off of one of the shiny scabbards. Both of the swords each have a flat, rectangular "cross"-guard and a woven pattern of black diamonds on the handles. Also, both of the scabbards were curved, suggesting that the swords were some kinds of scimitar. Odibrand looked back at what Adalbuhr was staring at.

"Those are my new swords," he answered as he stood up, even though the monk didn't ask his question, "I lost my old ones when I fought in Jelkala." Then, Odibrand unsheathed one of them, revealing a long, curved blade. "I took them from the Byzaterrean armory there. I also looted other weapons. You said you only use bludgeoning weapons, right?"

"That is right, I am not allowing my self the use of blades," Adalbuhr replied.

"Because I got this long mace-looking thing," the soldier said, pulling out a bar mace, "I don't use these heavier weapons."

Adalbuhr was handed the weapon, which has a mace head that was long like a sword's blade. The monk was suprised; he never wielded any professional weapon before. "Wow, this is amazing. I don't understand why would you give me something like this."

"On the training field, practice with the weapons is good, but I think you should practice with the weapon you'll take with you to battle. I have my own pell outside, but I haven't used it yet with my new swords. You can use the pell for your mace training, if it's not too cold outside tommorow. Speaking of tommorow, we should get some sleep."

Odibrand put out the small fire and covered himself in furs. Before going to sleep, Adalbuhr put his new weapon away.
  13. Wam Knight

((D'ohoho! Borcha's inclusion and Tancred's happy moment makes me  :lol:))

Adalbuhr, sparring with other recruits

Keeping a rigid stance and his practice kite shield up, Adalbuhr held his club in defense position to protect his right, waiting for his partner to make a move. His opponent had a round shield and a pole, which he was using as a spear. Both of them had patience, awaiting the time when the silence will break.

Through the eye slits of his helmet, the monk searched for the best way to approach this spear-wielder. Then, his opponent stepped back. Almost immediately, Adalbuhr rushed at him, holding his shield like how he would load a punch. The opponent was caught by suprise, and had no time to counter because he intended to change his grip on his weapon when he stepped back. Adalbuhr made impact by jamming his kite shield against the round shield and into the center of his opponent, forcing the enemy's round shield to rotate inward. With the shield arm exposed, he struck the shoulder and helmet of the enemy with his club. His opponent fell to his right, but caught himself before his head hit the ground. With the duel over, he helped his partner up and the both of them shook hands.

Watching from not too far, the Nord trainer clapped for Adalbuhr's fifth victory in the day's sparring. "Nicely done, Byzzie! Using the whatever you've got as weapon, like that kite shield." Then, he called to the spear-wielder, "The spear's strength is it's long reach! Keep your dista-"

"I'll ready know that!" the man replied, "Whatcha think I was trying to do?"

"Well, maybe you should've moved more often," said the trainer as he walked up to them. He examined Adalbuhr quickly, then said, "If you keep on training and getting better, Byzzie, then maybe you can become a part of the heavy infantry. Yeah," nodding a bit, "we'll make you a good huscarl."

Ophelia, talking with her best Calradian-speak

A tall man with brown hair the flowed down to the back of his neck took a sip of the soup she was preparing.

"This is good, keep it up and you'll do just find around here," speaking in Calradian-speech.

Realizing the man was of high authority, Ophelia picked up a wooden bowl off of the dining table and asked in her best Calradian-speak, "Will you want soup?" while filling the bowl up. But after asking, she felt that the question she asked sounded wrong. "Aaa, I meant to ask, do you want some?"
  14. Wam Knight

Adalbuhr, just waking up to a new day

The monk was sitting at the edge of his hammock, thinking about today. His pole stood before him, and his newly-obtained practice club laid at the base of one of the trees that the hammock was attached to. Glancing at the club for a second, Adalbuhr looked back at his praying pole and begun his prayer with a hand gesture that traced an oval above the pole.

"O Ata Kir, not too long ago, you have witnessed the separation of my beloved family. My brother, Phillius, was killed by my own hands [I am sorry, brother], and my niece, Ophelia, has disappeared without a trace in this land of Calradia, which is dying from the actions of Byzaterrea. The Calradians have taken me into their safety from my nation. O Ata Kir, bless these good people and guide them to reconquer the lands that they've lost. I believe that if Calradia is freed from the invasion, I will be able to travel around the land in safety and find Ophelia [The girl is too young to join her father]. Yesterday, I've agreed to become a soldier of the Calradians. I will follow the old traditions of the Old Kirists, the warrior monks. I will learn to fight without the use of blades, however; it is a personal vow that I've made. As I fight for the Calradia, please protect Ophelia, wherever she may be."

As he finished, he made a hand gesture that traced a cross above the pole; it was the symbol of the Old Kirists. With that done, he ate small meal, picked up his practice club, and made his way to the training field.

Ophelia, helping prepare meals

Ophelia spent most of the day helping the women with their chores. She was sitting close to a large cooking pot, stirring the soup of freshly harvested produce. It is going to be for supper for many of the families here in the Byzaterrean-refugee section. Then, she noticed it was pretty lonely here, though many people were around. But, she missed the company of her family, her uncle and father. For a moment, she thought about Firentis. Suddenly, she sneezed. Luckily, she sneezed away from the pot. The girl continued to stir the soup, wondering if she'll make a friend here.
  15. Wam Knight

Purchasing with a gift card

Today, I bought an $100 American Express gift card. But, when I tried to purchase Mount&Blade online, I noticed that I couldn't use it like a credit card because there was no card holder's name. Later, after searching around the forum and internet, I found out I can register my name and address...
  16. Wam Knight

Ophelia, just waking up

Firentis led his people to where the other refugees from Jelkala were in Maras. He left them so he can let the person in charge know that other new refugees have arrived. As he left, the people organized themselves; Calradians got together (the majority of the refugees) and the former Byzaterrean slaves found a place for themselves.

Ophelia woke up, finding herself in a tent. They must have set up a tent for me while I slept, she thought. She sat up, stretched her arms out, and peered outside. However, instead of seeing the lake of Jelkala outside, she saw what appeared to be a vast camp of refugees around a huge, stony stronghold. Suprised, the young girl stepped outside, observing the scenery around her. The men were chopping wood, making repairs on various things, and bringing back food. The women were preparing meals, sweeping litter off the paths, and weaving clothes. The children were helping their parents or playing games.

"Hey, you're finally awake!" a voice called from behind. Ophelia turned around to see a man approaching her. "You wouldn't wake up before, and Sir Firentis had to carry you on his horse for the whole trip! Anyway, he got us into this island of Maras Castle, where we'll be safe for a long while." The man turned his head looked at the castle and said, "But we're probably the only Byzaterreans here. I don't how exactly will the Calradians treat us, but at least expect some strange looks from them." Then, someone called the man from a distance. "I got to go now. By the way, unlike our lives in Jelkala, we have much more freedom here."

Ophelia wathed the man go until he disappeared from sight. Then, she sat on a nearby wooden log and thought about what she was going to do today.
  17. Wam Knight

Ophelia, fast asleep

In a short time, Firentis had the camp broken up and prepared the party to go, except for the youngest of the members, Ophelia. He walked up to the girl and tried to wake her up, "Wake up, girl! A Byzaterrean force is heading our way and we'll get caught if we don't get moving soon!" However, he wasn't able to get her up. Still, he was going to have this party move now. The man reached into his bag and pulled out a whistle.

*whistles*

Answering the call, Firentis's thoroughbred, Nine, trotted to its master. Carefully, Firentis lifted Ophelia off of the grassy ground and sat her in front of the saddle. Then, he mounted Nine, turned to his men, and shouted, "Let's get going! On to Maras!"

As they moved along, Ophelia was still sleeping.
  18. Wam Knight

Ophelia in chains, along with other captives (Earlier time)

"WAKE UP! WAKE UP!"

"Come on! Get up before he starts lashing!"

Ophelia woke up to the cacophony of yelling. Someone picked her up and shoved her forward. She looked around for a bit, and remembered she was captured yesterday. She wanted to hunt food for her uncle yesterday morning. However, she was caught by a band of Byzaterrean manhunters.

After a while, the young girl looked ahead, gazing at the her destination: Jelkala. As she and the others moved along in a rhythm of chains, the slave drivers were discussing about the worth of the Kirist bounties.

"-why don't we just keep some of them? Let those work for us?"

"Ah, I got a better idea: let's keep all of them, and turn in their church necklaces. We'd get a smaller reward, but it'll still be good enough, and we get to keep our prisoners as slaves."

The men all agreed with the idea, called for the prisoners to line up, and took their pendants, one by one. Eventually, one of them got to Ophelia. She took it off reluctantly and cradled it with her two delicate hands. The pendant had been with her for as long as she could remember; she never thought she and the pendant would part ways. The girl gave one last look at the decorated oval, before it was snatched away by a manhunter.

After all the pendants were stashed in the leader manhunter's bag, the party continued to Jelkala, where the prisoners will began working as slaves.

Ophelia, following refugees (Current time)

The girl looked behind her, watching the city of Jelkala burn in a gigantic inferno. She and her fellow prisoners could've died there. Earlier when a rebel force was emptying the city, the slave drivers didn't bother to try to search for all of the slaves, and left her and the others chained up in a personal dungeon. Luckily, a man, by the name of Firentis, heard their cries and rescued them.

Ophelia turned her attention to her savior, Firentis. He was a knight, which she was not familiar with, but he wasn't exactly a part of the Calradian force that attacked Jelkala; his party was lagging behind the force returning to Maras. He was clad in a coat of plates and wore a strange bucket-thing with holes on his head (Ophelia is not familiar with the Great Helm).

"I-I can't... I ca-" A weary former-priest collapsed. Firentis stopped his horse and dismounted as others went over to the unconscious man.

Firentis asked, "What is-", but immediately stopped himself. These Kirists probably can't understand him. So, he quickly examined the old man, and then looked at the other slaves. Then, he called his men over. "These people must still be exhausted from their work as slaves. Let's set up camp...", he scanned the area around then pointed to a spot of trees next to the lake, "there."

As soon as the tents were set up and the people finished their small meals, the refugees begun to fall asleep. Ophelia, too, laid down on the soft grasses, closing her eyes. The comfort of the grasses soothed her aching body. And before she slept, the young girl opened her eyes again, saw Firentis taking off his Great Helm, and thought she saw her father, Phillius (Firentis's face looks similar to her father's).
  19. Wam Knight

Calradia Invaded - OOC and discussion thread *OI! WE NEED NEW PEOPLE TO JOIN!*

Ooooohh
    Sure, I was planning to get him a bar mace.
    barmace.jpg
  20. Wam Knight

Calradia Invaded - OOC and discussion thread *OI! WE NEED NEW PEOPLE TO JOIN!*

Nah, that's a made-up religion of a part of Byzaterrean. But the majority of the empire sees Kirists as heretics.

I should say that she's Adalbuhr's niece, if anyone forgot.

Oh, about the weapon... I want her to use a sickle for now.  :grin:
Back
Top Bottom