Search results for query: *

1. fraoliva

SP Antiquity [WB] SUMO PARS - STARTING OVER

We are still on it, waiting for the stuff from caprera now, so we can implement it all.

-  Fraoliva
  2. fraoliva

Hello everyone, sorry for double posting, but it is for good news...

Preview and early alpha credits

Yes, we are nearing an alpha!

Our Coder (who will remain anonymous), has already managed to succesfully implement 11 factions, and is currently working on troop trees and items implementation for them.

So here I post a little WIP credit list, with pretty much everything we added/are adding to our mod.

Credits

Dedicated In Memory of caprera
    The man behind the mod, so to speak. He started the mod, and his idea is what drives this mod forward. Also, we're grateful for his many textures/ reskins, and for the occasional hello.

The Team

fraoliva - Team Leader, Public Relations and 3d Graphics

Deyshawn - Historical Research, Storyteller, and Dialogue Writer

anonymous - Coder, Module development

Special Thanks to -

Gothic Knight - Has been a tremendous help from the project's start, whether from doing some 3d modelling/texturing, or by offering historical expertise. And just being cool in general

Kolba, and the Song of Taliesin Team- Has generously granted permission to use resources from the "Song of Taliesin" mod.

Special thanks for help and contributions -

Abduva - optimization of Polished Landscapes

CounterPoint - 3d graphics

Included Works - in full or part

Battlefield Priests - by Yamabusi

Better Horses Alpha - by saregona [PENDING PERMISSION]

Bridge Battles - by Arch3r

Expanded Horizons - by openshaw

Flying Missile Replacer - by James

Havoc's Bow Retextures - by Havoc

Improved Male Faces - Iboltax

OSP Hair Project - by Jaymosuke (with additional credit to the original creators from TESNexus,
    Throttlekitty, Ren, Rosesim, Nouk and Aligeth)

Panoramic Mod - by theWitcher (with additional credit to Soil)

Pino Armor Pack - by pino69 (with additional credit to Nertea and Narf)

Polished Buildings - by gutekfiutek [PENDING PERMISSION]

Polished Landscapes - by gutekfiutek

Polished Skyboxes Addon - Charon

Real Water - by CptJoker

Realistic Colors - by Lucke189

Rock n Mountain Pack V2 - by Goosemaner

Rus Armor Pack - by Narf

Sibylla's Pack - by Sibylla

Thel's Face Pack - by Thel

Unique Armory - by talak

Viking Model Pack - by dejawolf

If I forgot to credit anyone, please take a moment to PM me, and I will add your name to the list. Also, if you see your name on here and you don not wish to be, PM me and your name will be taken down and your content removed from Sumo Pars.

And, as I know people want to see pics (or it didn't happen) , here's a preview of item implementation on our alpha. The important there is the helmet made by CounterPoint quite some time ago, the rest is placeholder, until we get all the stuff that Caprera gathered.

alphabarbariancav1.jpg

alphabarbariancav2.jpg

Cheers!
  3. fraoliva

Great news everybody

Everything's going much better than what I had planned (it was basically me modelling in a dark room, alone and waiting for someone to get interested  :lol: )

The news are:

- We've got a coder, and he will be anonymous for the time being;

- I've been working on some nice models to replace those that got old (and were never very good, to be honest)

- And... oh, that's it.

Expect it to live on.  We'll work on the dark, but we'll be there.

Oh, and @GothicKnight, can we still use some of the models you've made for the mod, and if we can't find them, could you send them over?  :mrgreen:

and @Deyshavin, yes, you are in, you can work as historical researcher, or story-teller, tell me via PM, and we'll settle it  :wink:

Thanks everybody, signing out
  4. fraoliva

Deyshawn said:
    Huzzah!  I'm a history buff and a writer, so I can do research and write dialogs.  If I can get this damned serial key stuff figured out (I had to buy a new computer as the old one crashed and I can't find the Warband seral key) I might also be able to help with scenes.  Just tell me what you need.

Great, I'll need all the help I can get. I'll wait for caprera's permission to take his work, and also to get finished stuff (he made some excellent textures), but even if I don't, I'll start a new thread, post the goals again, and even improve the idea.

Sumo Pars will be back.

-EDIT-  It seems there is real hope, as I already received valuable help offers.  :grin:
  5. fraoliva

This one should not have died.

CLEAR!!!

I realized it, and I emailed caprera, asking for permission to take over the mod and defribilate it, as second-of-command by the time it was alive.

Just announcing, in case he responds, that it will be alive once more. I have become a much better modeller, and my old work was lost due to computer theft, so I'm ready to start anew, with his idea.

But I will need the support of the community, if we want to take this further.  :grin:

SUMO PARS - PHOENIX ARISE    :smile:
  6. fraoliva

AGE of CHANGE II :We are RECRUITING - CREATIVE WRITERS WANTED!

Okay, took some time, but here is the sword.

It's 742 Triangles.

jinetesword.jpg

jinteteswordupclose.jpg

This part was 80% of the time I took  :smile:

Not final, can be improved, but it should give an idea.
  7. fraoliva

AGE of CHANGE II :We are RECRUITING - CREATIVE WRITERS WANTED!

I'd like to offer my services here, as well.

I can model weapons, shields, helmets, you name it, as long as it does not involves rigging or texturing  :mrgreen: 

I liked your mod a lot, the models you guys made are simply awesome, and I'd like to be a part of it.  :smile:

Want me to model one of those pictures you posted, for a reference?
  8. fraoliva

B Native [WB] Retrospect - New lore writer!

I'd like to offer my help as a modeller, sending PM    :grin:
  9. fraoliva

SP Fantasy [WB] Hyborian Age: Crown of Iron +++ 1st post updated 02/13/11 +++

Volkodav said:
    Ok, I've reedited the falchion, and now it's 1371 poly. Still a bit high, but I've managed to cut down to below 1500, and at decent quality, too (I'm a noob, yes  :razz:).

I also had terrible problems with poly counts a little time ago, but don't worry, in time you learn what kind of details don't make difference ingame,can be replaced by textures and normalmaps, and also more simple ways to do it.

A humble suggestion, from modeler to modeler, is to import and see how the models of the vanilla game and from other veteran modelers work, their shape, how they are formed, and use as little auto-smooth as possible.

you are in the right trail, your model is good, better than the ones I made in my early days (not long ago  :wink:  )

Good luck!

10. fraoliva

SP Fantasy [WB] Hyborian Age: Crown of Iron +++ 1st post updated 02/13/11 +++

About decapitation, do the heads just disappear or fall down like regular, well-known, decapitations?

Regardless, that's bloody awesome!!

Slowly working on some more stuff here
  11. fraoliva

MP Fantasy The Hornburg [LOTR] (Invasion co-op)

Great idea! Following.

Suggestion here: Have you tried looking at some of those drawings made by tolkien himself? (cause I am quite sure there was a sketch of Helm's Deep, for concept of how he had it at his mind).

Good luck on finishing it! :grin:
  12. fraoliva

say cheese

The scariest newest addition to the family

Cat
    150111160857.jpg

Poor kitty's an ugly bastard.... I am currently at war against my family, for they wish to put a LACE around his neck. A BLUE LACE.
  13. fraoliva

Hating people of your nationality on the net

Soo.... This thread is about how people from around the world are idiots, based on their countries?

I like that!

My country wins. Do the math with me:    Cheap Internet acces + Poverty = CHAOS

Thank god Brasil's stupidity does not spread through the not brasilian-web.... Poverty = Not speaking english
  14. fraoliva

School shootings

It scares me. In these cases I can surely see that there is something really wrong with our society. Why the hell does someone think that entering a school and shooting everyone there is a valid way of dealing with problems.... That a kid can just find a gun around; that, even though stupid, there are reasons for it to be made, and even more, that they come from the school itself...

Not only the reasons should be found and dealt with, but all the process involving a kid coming to the final solution of killing people, and then killing itself.

It's just too weird for me.
  15. fraoliva

Some things tha piss you off?

I find it really annoying when:

-You get headshotted with a stone by looters in the early game, and, without a horse, can never escape them 

-When I try to form a line of archers up front, and can't make them retreat later because the infantry blocks them

-When I tell cavalry to hold a position, and the bastards dismount, and can't mount anymore  :evil:

-weird mechanics when attacking on a horse *god damn it, attack to your left!*

And every other thing that was said here...

But still, this game is AWESOME
  16. fraoliva

Brasileirada e Portuguesada,bora criar um mod?

Aqui no fórum mesmo você encontra material pra aprender a fazer modelos em 3D, texturas e colocar no jogo.

Se você gostar dessas coisas, é legal, mas dá um trabalho do cão pra aprender e ficar bom. Eu faço uns modelos há uns seis meses, e não fiquei bom ainda  :wink:
  17. fraoliva

Makes quite the sense!!

I'll make one of those helmets, as insurance, and even if we do not use it, it'll be fun  :mrgreen:
  18. fraoliva

Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

McBeverage said:
    Something like that, I suppose, would be the Gangs of Glasgaw mod for 1.011, by Flanged.

I just checked it, it's not what I quite wanted. I wanted it to be centred on other ages, like the ancient, for example, and the gangs could be themed on something like the spartan Agoge... To break chaos on the streets of rome would also be something like it... But Gangs of Glasgow is too.. I don't know, dark and bad for my ideas...

It's almost like it, but not what I had in my mind.... 

Forget it then...  :neutral:
  19. fraoliva

Mod idea collection: I want this mod.

I was just being a vegetable here for a while, and then... :smile:  An idea came up:

A city war mod

What if the map of the game was not a full land, but a city? A huge ancient city, that would be in a gang war, and the player would be a part of one of those gangs, looking to have full control over the city.
    The map work the same way as native map, but inside a great city, and forests, hills, mountains would be replaced by buildings, streets, ruins. And castles/towns/villages by other important structures like gang hideouts, the government headquarters, prisons, et cetera. The city would be showed in a smaller scale on the map, and when joining a battle, the scale would go to natural, so if you, for example, start a fight close to the mayor's palace, the battle map would be near it, but with the building on full scale.

The factions would be:
    1 - The City's government 
    2 - Gangs
    3 - Some revolutionaries looking for civil war
    4 - Covert forces from another city, looking to conquer this one, something like spies recruiting the populace

And then the player would join one of those factions, to struggle for the power of the city. And, eventually, when he made it, there could be a second phase, one of world domination, when the map would expand, and the player would be able to start conquering other kingdoms in the more vanilla style.

The concept is to start lowly, inside a chaotic city, and reach the power inside the same city. The second phase is not that important.

Recruitment would be in places like central plaza, tenants, hideouts. Weapons and items would be bought in several places in the city, like weapon shops, markets, illegal shops for the more hardcore weapons (because it's more of a hooligan war than guns/swords etc).

Battle would mainly consist in fighting with homemade weapons, in certain degrees, because the government, for example, has more things like police batons, or some other variant (it depends if it will be set in a modern or medieval, ancient world).

And there could be also an army invasion, that is out on campaign (the city is at war), and comes back when the city itself falls in complete anarchy [that would happen when one of the gangs reaches power, or the government is beaten].

Campaigns would be when the main leaders of the gangs would join they small groups of soldiers (the concept is not to surpass more than 100 men in a party)

That is the idea I had. The main points, again:

1 - The map would be a city in a bigger scale, but yet not the natural size
    2 - The war would be between several factions inside the city, looking for complete control of it.
    3 - Recruitment and trading would be set in places inside this same city.
    4 - The map would have great buildings of the town, like icons, that can be accessed and seen on natural size on battle map
    5 - War is fought with homemade weapons and not too great armies (yeah, no four thousand soldiers on a campaign)
    6 - Campaign with leaders of gangs/officers of the army/police
    7 - When full anarchy came to the city, it's army would come back to seize control from the gangs (boss-like in this stage of the game)
    8 - Finally the city is conquered, but then, the conflict gets larger, as you discover that the world is big, and that there are other cities and nations to conquer, taking the mod to a second level of gameplay, closer to the vanilla concept, leaving city seizing back. Or maybe even taking the fight to other cities in the same country...

That's pretty much it!  Is it doable? I find this idea most fun, and would like to play something like this, but I don't have great modding skills (only a moddeler), and would need someone who is interest in doing something like this.

Forgive any typos or grammar errors, please, wrote this out of a brainstorm in my native language  :wink:
  20. fraoliva

Maybe.. But didn't the new troops receive new equipment when joining the legions? So why would they bother using old armors/weapons if they would get outfitted anyway, right?

Unless I am wrong, than it's quite possible.
Back
Top Bottom