Search results for query: *

1. Stun animation should interrupt/cancel all actions

Considering most shields had to strapped onto the arm in order to hold it effectively I have no problem with this idea.
  2. Fight MnB piracy on youtube

Everyone shut the Hell up and listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCu-yS8AOd8
  3. [S] BRYTENWALDA [WB 1.131] - Brytenwalda 1.0 Release! 8/09/2010

I still have the siege bug. I was sieging a castle that was empty and still had to wait the 4 days!
  4. B Native Other Polished Landscapes [RELEASED][news pg. 19]

Looks freaking fantastic, can't wait!
  5. [S] BRYTENWALDA [WB 1.131] - Brytenwalda 1.0 Release! 8/09/2010

Downloading now: I very excite.

I noticed a bug yesterday whilst having some fun; one was that I could capture 5 prisoners despite not having any levels in the prisoner management skill.

I also noticed the King of East Anglia is not called what he was historically, unless I am reading wikipedia wrong!

PS: I promise I will begin editing tomorrow, I am still unpacking my stuff into my new house! On Tuesday I am going to my family home in Castle Rising and will likely have nothing to do at all so will be available for all manner of research and text editing!
  6. [S] BRYTENWALDA [WB 1.131] - Brytenwalda 1.0 Release! 8/09/2010

Idibil said:
    Actually garrison in Warband appears it's all based on wealth.
    I put text of Magelord (it is very clever):

It checks daily if they have 2005 wealth or more, and if they do it gives them troops from their reinforcement party (in party_templates) based on kingdom, and it reduces wealth by 400. Then every week they get added wealth. The wealth calculation is 15x prosperity (a number from 0 to 100) + 700, 50% more if it's a city, and then subtract out their troop costs. So a very rich city (100 prosperity) would get ((15x100) +700)*1.5= 3300 wealth, minus all troop costs, per week. A 0 prosperity city would only get 1050. The minimum wealth is 0, so even if they get troop costs over the income they won't go into negatives. So it appears the best way to modify garrisons would be to modify how much wealth places receive. This is in simple_triggers.txt:

We should think how many people want (garrison) in castle or town.
    Normally, in native we can meet 300 in towns and 150 in castles if i dont remember bad.
    Really, a town of 5,000 inhabitants could keep arms to one tenth of its population (in desperate situations more): 500 men. But during the seventh century in England a few cities can boast of having 5000 inhabitants. I think normally between 2000 and 3000 inhabitants in this time. 200 or 300 men of garrison (or less, maintain an army is expensive).

Castles - we have not really castles in Brytenwalda. If you look at the scenes of Adorno, they are smaller towns or large villages, with a wall. Population would probably be between 500 and 1000 (or 1500 at most) people. Applying the same token, we would have fittings 50 to 100 men of garrison.

In cases of siege, the garrison probably would join part of the population, perhaps doubling their number (although people poorly armed and untrained).

This is why you are making this mod. You know your ****.

Wilsonrtf said:
    Mm, i think like Rad here, if player can pay to them, why no? If you can pay an army of 10.000 men you should can have it  Limit will be player´s money (remember that wolrd is expensive in Brytenwalda)

Okay, that´s your call, as lead designer. But, I´m still curious: as a modder, do you think it is possible to implement?

I can see both sides of the argument here; settlements during this period were tiny compared to the rest of Britain's history. However Britain never saw great commanders on the scale of the player capable of bringing the isles under one power structure, so I say if a player is capable of paying wages for a substantial garrison then part of the garrison costs reflect the extra buildings and supplies necessary for such a force.

I would, however, like to see a multiplier given to garrison costs for such massive forces as they begin to stretch the resources of the area thin and more expensive means of sleeping/feeding huge armies are explored and constructed.

Idibil: I will begin editing your Beowulf quest tomorrow. I have been a busy boy lately!

7. -- Official Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread --

You just have to be there on the last day and make sure the bandits are killed. As far as I know anyway.
  8. Polished Landscapes - Mipmap Mod 2 [Test version released]

I followed all of these instructions to get the mod working, am currently running it with Diplomacy.

Open module.ini in your chosen module folder. Change the following lines from load_resource to load_mod_resource. This tells the module that it will be using files from the module folder rather than the Native folder.

load_mod_resource = map_tree_meshes
    load_mod_resource = tree_meshes
    load_mod_resource = xtree_meshes
    load_mod_resource = grass_meshes
    load_mod_resource = plant_meshes
    load_mod_resource = xtree_meshes_b
    load_mod_resource = terrain_borders
    load_mod_resource = tree_e_meshes
    load_mod_resource = xtree_meshes_c
    load_mod_resource = grass_meshes_b
  9. Improved Native Graphics Mod Compilation?

I have been trying to upgrade my Warband to look as shiney as possible with mods; I am currently using Polished Landscapes but as that is developed for M&B there were undoubtedly issues when porting it to Warband. I wasn't sure where to put this topic but I am very interested in learning about...
  10. Polished Landscapes - Mipmap Mod 2 [Test version released]

For anyone interested, here are some screens of me using this mod in Warband:
    http://img231.imageshack.us/i/mb7u.jpg/
    http://img16.imageshack.us/i/mb6f.jpg/
    http://img710.imageshack.us/i/mb5c.jpg/
    http://img266.imageshack.us/i/mb8d.jpg/

Any M&B players can point out any graphical glitches?
  11. [S] BRYTENWALDA [WB 1.131] - Brytenwalda 1.0 Release! 8/09/2010

Whilst away working at the weekend I thought of a few more additions:

Excalibur Quest
    Raedwald's Helm Quest
    HELM-SH.JPG

And I would recommend the mod switches to these textures: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,76706.0.html

They are not compatible with Warband but with some .ini tweaks I have gotten them to work in my native game. I do like them very much!
  12. [S] BRYTENWALDA [WB 1.131] - Brytenwalda 1.0 Release! 8/09/2010

Sorry for double post, wanted to say I won't be around from tomorrow at 5am BST to Monday 9am BST, so I'm sorry if I can't help edit dialogue until then. I'm sure you'll survive!

Looking forward to a fresh beta when I get back from work!

EDIT: Where are the Druids? I love how Christian Kingdoms have a bishop/abbot in the castle, but I was hoping to see similar things for the Pagan lords. Where are the Druids? Perhaps have them perform the same sorts of roles as the clergy but with unique differences: How about sacrifice 5 of your soldiers in order that the gods will bring productivity to the realm, or throw your best sword in the river to ask the gods for success in a coming campaign?
  13. Polished Landscapes - Mipmap Mod 2 [Test version released]

Thanks for your help getting this mod to run in Warband. I tried doig everything you said but i found that if I changed load_resources materials that everything except landscape and certain parts of buildings were covered in a bright white light. I kept it how it is and hanged the rest and bang, works like a treat.

Now I just have to find better skyboxes!
  14. Bug?? Prison Break at Jameyyed Castle

If you don't mind spending a little denar then you can pay the Ransom Broker in taverns to release your companions and they will find you within a week.
  15. [S] BRYTENWALDA [WB 1.131] - Brytenwalda 1.0 Release! 8/09/2010

Awesome, can't wait to try out Adorno's work! I will look through features post in the morning when I'm (more) sober.
  16. Forage

Lord Barrett said:
    Touche, good sir. (sorry, I don't have the ability to use accent marks)

You'll unlock it when you reach level 10.
  17. [S] BRYTENWALDA [WB 1.131] - Brytenwalda 1.0 Release! 8/09/2010

Idibil said:
    Are you use cheats?

Nope, I can purchase anything I want as long as I'm not actually in a shop menu. My money is currently -2000 though. Perhaps you need to create new dialogues for not having enough money, it doesn't appear there is anything which checks.
  18. [S] BRYTENWALDA [WB 1.131] - Brytenwalda 1.0 Release! 8/09/2010

Just noticed I seem to have unlimited coins when dealing with people in taverns. Well, not entirely unlimited as my cashflow goes into the negative but I can still spend money I don't have... Saxon Express credit cards?
  19. [S] BRYTENWALDA [WB 1.131] - Brytenwalda 1.0 Release! 8/09/2010

Devilsephi said:
    The dmg is low because weapon dmg are low :smile:

I have to say I quite like this, battles are far more drawn out now.

Would also like to say that sometimes AI sucks, but in my first battle the enemy stood in a shieldwall and refused to give chase to me when I tried to harass them out of it with my horse. Native AI would have chased me across the map but the Franks were wise and returned to their formation when they saw I was trying to coax them out: Now this is ****ing amazing! Also led to my first battle being a loss (although with a weapon I may have fared better!)
Back
Top Bottom