Search results for query: *

1. Bellum

There is a market for space sims...

Look into a telescope.

I've got big hopes for Infinity, but I'm gonna remain cautious as to whether or not it ever gets finished.
  2. Bellum

Eve is a pretty good example.

Personally, I want a new Noctis. Something without a bunch of frills. Just wanna bop around in the galaxy exploring and cataloging alien planets.
  3. Bellum

The only one of those I've heard about is Darkspace, and that's a strategy game. :/

Just looking up the first on your list... The Wiki suggests the learning curve is particularly steep; the game is inaccessible. Not exactly learning from modern design.

Keep it simple and cheap. One of the best space games I'd ever played was from the same guys who made Survival Crisis Z. It involved bopping around the galaxy in flying cel-shaded cars and blowing **** up.
  4. Bellum

Where?

I mean I know there are a few. Mostly badly designed games that haven't learned anything from the past decade or two. But I haven't seen any recent attempts that are any good.
  5. Bellum

Fallout: New Vegas

BadaBoomBadaBang said:
    Why does the lame ass Legion pronounce Caesar, Kay-zar...?  :neutral:

:roll:
  6. Bellum

sneakey pete said:
    The market fro space sims is probably just the same. Which is a bad thing, as the market for everything else is much bigger than it used to be. Coupled with games taking forever to develop, means that not many are released, particurally "mainstream".

I think this is right. If the indie developers started making space sims, maybe with a modern touch, they could potentially become pretty successful, relatively speaking. Everyone expects the big bucks in this business, and space sims for the most part just don't have that sort of appeal.
  7. Bellum

Fallout: New Vegas

So how is the writing? Any better than Fallout 3? I expect so, considering it wasn't developed by Bethesda. :neutral:
  8. Bellum

Pen and paper RPGs?

Though actually playing DnD is akin to rocket science. At the very least you need three semesters of calculus. There are better systems out there.
  9. Bellum

"Free-Roam" Type Games

Selothi said:
    Fire. Don't forget starting fires.

Nah, in all seriousness, Far Cry 2, I find, is great fun when you just want to shoot things in a creative way in an FPS. A good engine, good graphics, and a lot of missing features that imply lack of common sense in the devs, but hey, I got it for 15£ brand new !

It's not so amusing when you spent 50.
  10. Bellum

Stranded 2

Oh yeah. I played this a long time ago. Really fun game. Not on the same level as Minecraft, but still fun.
  11. Bellum

Pen and paper RPGs?

Night Ninja said:
    Aren't there pdf versions of the rulebooks for sale? I also seem to recall seeing free quick-start rules for Mouse Guard somewhere.

Another system that may be of interest for a freeform, narrativist style of play is FATE. I quite like their take on The Dresden Files.

YES.

I also have the Dresden Files RPG. It's looks really amazing. The design emphasizes good storytelling, and I love it. I don't know anyone who plays it, though. :neutral:

If anyone is interested in an online tabletop or PBP game of Dresden Files, I'm in! I don't have that much tabletop experience, though.
  12. Bellum

Charging before the game is finished

Calodine said:
    I don't think that's quite the same thing. Charging for the rest of a game compared to charging for a game that isn't actually done yet.

rejenorst said:
    Yeah the first episode of Doom was released as shareware. Or the first 3 missions I don't remember now.

Yeah, I'm specifically talking about charging for an alpha or beta product to fund its completion.
  13. Bellum

Archonsod said:
    Bellum said:
    I don't think it's been around in video games that long, has it?
    They were doing it with shareware back in the eighties.

That's fascinating.

Was it local? How did they get the word out?
  14. Bellum

I don't think it's been around in video games that long, has it?

I mean, indie games have really taken off in a way they couldn't before broadband internet became so popular. This just isn't something that would have been feasible for most if not all of the nineties.
  15. Bellum

Way back in the Stone Age I found stumbled onto a game, then almost unknown, called Mount&Blade. The game was very incomplete at the time. 714, I believe. The graphics were terrible, the water was green, I was lucky if it didn't crash, but it was one of the best damned games I'd ever played. So...
  16. Bellum

Help resolve my conundrum

I wouldn't put $20 on Mass Effect. I think I got it for like five. Wait for a deal.
  17. Bellum

Screenshot Mega Thread

Ljas said:
    That was quite good. It held my attention, until it reminded me of the Funniest Joke in the World sketch. I expected something more serious.  :razz:

Makes me think of the Joker, which is no laughing matter.  :twisted:
  18. Bellum

Anyone play Toribash?

Yeah I just started playing a couple days ago. Wow.
  19. Bellum

Infinity

Archonsod said:
    Hasn't it been superceded by Evochron? :razz:

Just checked it out and I got to say, it doesn't look to be on the same level of awesome.
  20. Bellum

a 12th-century bicycle excavated??!! ..bicycle knight mod!

Obviously The Doctor having a bit of fun.
Back
Top Bottom