Search results for query: *

1. Sir_Doobie

[S] Sword Song - 9th Century England

BadKarma said:
    Sir_Doobie said:
    While I was playing this mod, I noticed that the other factions were able to float on water. I mean they could travel across the sea without any ships, I saw a whole army of generals go on their crusade over the water and onto my small little island. I haven't gotten a picture of that yet but i'm still working on it.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?0887846c93.jpg
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?dc2e0e9175.jpg
    Yea man that's just the way the map is.  There are no ships so you just travel across the water at certain "ford" points. There are several linking the hebredes, and ireland with the mainland.

Oh, right.  :oops: Thanks!  :grin:
  2. Sir_Doobie

[S] Sword Song - 9th Century England

While I was playing this mod, I noticed that the other factions were able to float on water. I mean they could travel across the sea without any ships, I saw a whole army of generals go on their crusade over the water and onto my small little island. I haven't gotten a picture of that yet but i'm still working on it.

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?0887846c93.jpg
    http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?dc2e0e9175.jpg
  3. Sir_Doobie

Spread of Christianity in Rome

LordOfShadows said:
    Two things, first it was a throwaway mention, with no sources, and it is slightly dodgy anyway. However, in ancient and classical greece and after that, rome, if a father did not want to keep a child he could "expose" it. Basically he would leave it out on a mountain or some such place.
    I believe the city state of Sparta had this kind of custom. I think it was because if they believed that the child was not capable of becoming a warrior, they were useless or something. :mrgreen:
  4. Sir_Doobie

The Funny/Irritating/Ridiculous in Warband!

One way to increase relation, with a lord/king, and honor, is to fight them, then if you catch them just let them go, but it's a small chance that you'll actually capture them, and don't be the one attacking them :mrgreen:
  5. Sir_Doobie

Favourite Quotes

Heh :lol:, just read my signature :razz:
  6. Sir_Doobie

Jack the Ripper --- Who and where is he?

Captain Pyjama Shark said:
    Sir_Doobie said:
    Jack the Ripper, a hero?  Ah, that makes perfect sense! Obviously he was just an early anti-prostitution advocate.

"His victims were disembowelled, their intestines draped over their shoulders and their breasts cut off. This man was manifestly a savage brute." :shock: EWWW :cry: :arrow: Doesn't sound very heroic.
    A JOKE.

Dur, Of course I know! :lol: I was also kidding, just forgot to add the smiley faces! :mrgreen:
  7. Sir_Doobie

Who discovered America...?

Wandering nomads, duh! :wink: :lol:
    Who else would take the time to actually try living here before anyone else? And when did ever making a map or something consider it discovered? HMMM? :grin:
  8. Sir_Doobie

Spread of Christianity in Rome

If my memory serves me correctly, I think I remember something from the history channel that said that, this roman leader guy was executing these Christians, and was surprised by their overwhelming faith, and believed that it would be a good religion to follow.  :???:
    Although don't take it to heart, I may be totally wrong. :mrgreen:
  9. Sir_Doobie

Your favourite historical personality

Hyperion said:
    You just reminded me of something. Again.

Genius! :twisted: :lol:
  10. Sir_Doobie

Ibrahim I - Most insane Ruler

What'd you expect? Half his family either got sent to prison and died, or just died, and other things that can really screw with a persons head. It was bound to happen.

Oh and I forget to mention.... I totally agree with you! :lol: :wink:
  11. Sir_Doobie

Jack the Ripper --- Who and where is he?

Jack the Ripper, a hero?  Ah, that makes perfect sense! Obviously he was just an early anti-prostitution advocate.

"His victims were disembowelled, their intestines draped over their shoulders and their breasts cut off. This man was manifestly a savage brute." :shock: EWWW :cry: :arrow: Doesn't sound very heroic.
  12. Sir_Doobie

Your favourite historical personality

Leonardo da Vinci is my all time favorite! 1452-1519. A classic example of a Renaissance Man.
  13. Sir_Doobie

Assassin's equipment.

Cloud Breaker said:
    So how would a real Assassin be expected to perform his job, with what sort of equipment? Just butchering the man to death, with a whacking stick, not likely. Take a look at M2TW.

Well, I suppose a real assassin could be anyone, it is after all just a title. And everyone probably has different strengths and abilities and styles in which they do things, in other words there is no specific way to perform an assassination. It could be from seducing someone, trapping someone, to just whacking someone with a stick :cry:, just use your imagination! :mrgreen:

Disclaimer : I don't know if someone already posted something like this, since I have not read this whole thread, and wont until I post this reply. :lol: :wink:
  14. Sir_Doobie

The Funny/Irritating/Ridiculous in Warband!

Griffrez said:
    I think the lords in my game are lazy... they don't leave their castles or towns so its really hard to capture lords for capture a enemy lord quests.

What I usually do is camp right beside the town they're in, that ought a catch their attention :wink:
  15. Sir_Doobie

[S] Warband - More Arrows, Bolts, Thrown - Itemkinds1 File - DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE!

Meh, who cares if it's not realistic :wink: It's a game right, let your imaginations go wild! :lol: And plus it's such a drag to search for more arrows, ect., over a whole battlefield.
Back
Top Bottom