Search results for query: *

1. IndiaQuinn

Crazy Suggestions Thread

Suggestions for a faction:

Carthage

It is has a great range of different troop classes.
    It looks good against romans.
  2. IndiaQuinn

15th Humans vs Bots Server (NOT A PLACE TO ASK FOR UNBANS)

Cenkris said:
    I don`t see your in game nickname in the banlist, so either the ban was temporary or you need to provide the name you had in game at the time before i could look into the matter.
    Ah, it was a temp ban indeed. Thx for the reply. I have so much fun on your server. The devs of NW should make an option to set the number of max human players per side by the way. That would make the admin job much easier too.
  3. IndiaQuinn

15th Humans vs Bots Server (NOT A PLACE TO ASK FOR UNBANS)

Guys unban me please.
    I destroyed a lone defense, that some smart sapper build next to my cannon on the ammobox... and got kicked directly. I am not a troll. I hate them. The judgement of the admin was a bit too fast in this case. Always glad there are admin on this server, you need them. I was on top of the ranks with the highest killing with 70 at the time of kick... Anyway I trust it will be okay. The admin probably did not see what happened and why I had to remove the fence....
  4. IndiaQuinn

The 1st East Prussian Infantry (1stEPI) * The Oldest in the Community*

Greetings 1stEPI and congrats on the 2 years. Brings back good memories.

Salute,

5. IndiaQuinn

So how did the game do financially?

I hope they all earned a lot on it.
    The best incentive to keep this on going.

For the rest, who cares? It's totally unimportant.
  6. IndiaQuinn

1st Westphalian Infantry Reg. [1st Platoon]

Just a sign of life from my side.
    Expecting to be active again further ahead this month.

7. IndiaQuinn

Just dropping by. Expecting to be more online half of September. Going go to the Olympics coming week and a few weeks vacation (among it a 4 x 4 survival tour in Romania, probably going to sacrifice my 1999 Explorer)
  8. IndiaQuinn

Adult regiments

Okay, maybe I should set up the Grey Guard....  only accesible for men who are grey or bold. Officer spots reserved for grey bearding.  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Let me tell this.
    I play online games since 1998 (actually basically when it was technically possible), and video games since 1979...
    Been in FPS games (Battlefield Vietnam and Battlefield 2 online tournaments), played in online flight sims (Aces High), Guild Wars, PoTBS, on and on too much to recall, moslty in clans.

The thing is when you grow older in gaming.. most of your opponents stay 16 or 18... while you get 30, 40... yep 45... there is a constant supply of new generations of gamers.
    At one point I found out I was losing the reflexes, the speed. Especially in FPS games like Battlefield, COD, MoH, etc....  BUT, in teamplay I found out that the older guys often were smarter (clumsy, but survivalists). Somehow have a better eye for what to expect, how strategies work and how teamwork goes. That is a thing of age or experience. Now, this is not a monopoly of the elder. There are some experienced younger players around. But it is pretty much real life. You compensate decreasing physics with increased experience. (btw, in real warfare the veteran oldies would have a much higher chance of surviving and fight another day than the green new guys.)

Anyway. The reason I play Mount & Blade so much is that it is the perfect game for the elder, experienced gamer. It still has the speed, but not the wild bonanza modern FPS have, and there is lots of room for situatial awareness, patience and outsmarting opponents in melee. M & M and NW gave this even more dimension. And it seems I am still pretty good at it. Most in the 1st EPI or 1steWFI would confirm that I am an excelent melee and linebattle player...

Another thing. Older gamers are young in mind. They know they will play with much younger guys. They are often more laid back, relaxed. Have limited time. It has no use being irritated by younger ones, else dont play the game.
    But also they can be a pain in the ass. Though they can see the relevance of things, their personalities are harder to change. I don't mind being commanded by someone who could be my son, but in return I have to be aware not to be paternalistic when talking about live.

All in all, the older players (in my mind 30+) in most cases are an asset for any regiment. They are likely to be more loyal, have limited time and dont want to waste that on arguments and bickery. At the end they switch off the game, go down, listen to their wives and say hi to their kids and see the broader perspective of gaming. For me, when I am home from work and the kids lie in bed, that is pure relaxation and online friendship. I hope to still be an online gamer when I am 70.

Cheers,

India
  9. IndiaQuinn

Adult regiments

Old???
    I am from 1966!

I have seen 18 year olds here who are very mature, and 25 year olds who seem to have never left puberty...

I must admit my platoon is pretty mature. I guess the average is around 22.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,236208.0.html
  10. IndiaQuinn

Haven't been able to show up much lately.
    I expect that to change towards the end of summer.

11. IndiaQuinn

Is NW dying?

It's a gamers forum law that says that you can count on a thread like this to pop up after several months after a game's release.

As long as there are hundreds of people online at any give time, the forums are alive and the regiments are alive there is no reason to assume the game is 'dying'. This game (or an upgraded sequal or something) will still be here and will be played for years to come. It also depends on what to expect from M & B Warband. Well, that game manages to stand its ground pretty well.
    In time there will be a Mount & Blade 2 and the DLC's will evolve with it.

12. IndiaQuinn

Kegger said:
    Anyone seen India around? I miss his BBQ :[

Yeah yeah. Still here. The Yearly Germanic Horse BBQ Culinary Trophy took my time. Unfortunately we were disqualified due the usage of French horse. It actually was a captured horse, but one of the unterrekruts forgot to mention this. It was an old rule from 1762....  Judges... Anyway we received an honorary mention by winning the publics favorite dish election.
  13. IndiaQuinn

Mmm...our old thread almost made it to the first page when it comes to views...

Anyway, the bbq squad is ofcourse here too. The 3 wagons with gear have arrived in good order and are being installed as we speak. As it is Friday afternoon and we have to improvise a bit, todays buffet will be a mix of what we have found along the way.

Good news. We have found some Hungarian Horse sausages in our old store.

~ The bbq squad
  14. IndiaQuinn

How old are you? [POLL]

Born in December 1966...
  15. IndiaQuinn

1. Westfälisches Infanterie-Regiment (Authentic Prussian Line Infantry Regiment)

We are looking to strenghten our regimental BBQ squad.
    Do you have it in you to stand the heat of our kitchen?

As you may know we pride ourselves to serve the finest horse dishes. The basics of any BBQ squad member is ofcourse knowledge of the product and fundamental skills oin how to handle the product.
    So this makes horse butchery an essential part of becoming a cook regimental cook.

Prove you are good in selecting the best horse and kill them in a humane and swift manner (hit it with the bajonet in the chest, preferably when the horse is at full speed running towards you) and you may earn yourself a spot in our squad. We do not use bullets as it spoils the meat.
  16. IndiaQuinn

How to Improve Recruiting for Your Regiment

Nice Deo.
    The forums need a "Looking for a regiment" thread where people could post that they are looking for a regiment, just like on the old M&M forums.
  17. IndiaQuinn

1. Westfälisches Infanterie-Regiment (Authentic Prussian Line Infantry Regiment)

Omitto said:
    Yea, we were pretty bad. I'm also glad it returned to normal, because I was getting crazy from those stupid advertisements.

Omitto, never knew you were Dutch! Excellent.
  18. IndiaQuinn

Omitto said:
    Can't be there, I have a football (soccer for the American guys) match to watch. Go holland!!! :grin:

Had to endure the downfall of The Netherlands. What an embarrasment. It is almost a common rule. The vice World Champion always looses in the first round of the next tournament. Anyway glad the Dutch have returned to normal live.
Back
Top Bottom