Search results for query: *

1. Igpay Atinlay

Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 2 - Painted Plants

Hello,
    If this is where we can add Ideas then...

General
        M&B MMORPG  Where the players skills and not you characters level determine how far you go.  A game in which a peasant on their first day of play could kill a king.  (Needless to say the reason I dislike most MMORPGs such as world of warcraft once you get outside of about 10 levels you really cant play with the other person) So, in this game you level much like the first two M&B games however with less inequality between a level 1 char and one that has had about 2 weeks worth of investment.  This will result in experienced players actually helping new players and result in a non exclusive community for players and more people will buy and continue to pay for the game.  alright,  M&B is an action game therefore,  you will need to limit lag and keep pings low as well.  this can be done by having local severs (in game think of them as continents) severs that then host a-lot of rooms within them. make the rooms big enough to fit a castle/fort/village with room to spare.  set these up in a sort of grid or hex system.  then you have new players spawn into the lowest ping or closest sever.  However, the game should be as seemingly free as possible. so if a player wants to go from a US sever to one in China it should be possible ( that is if someone wants, they can put their guy on a ship for a day or two and once there suffer form ping and a language barrier).  I love sand box games so, NO Quests!  But, without quests what goals could there be?  Take Over The World! Players make goods, grow food, craft (Destructible) armor and (Destructible) weapons, Build the city's/villages/castles (one building at a time), and become the kings/lords/and merchants that make the world go round. With that players will want to protect all that they have done (therefor, they will keep playing and paying fees #evel laugh) and finally to promote the urge to create in this game you make it so all characters in this game can die and when that happens be gone forever! Let me explain.  when someone dies in the game they do not reincarnate. the player then takes control of one of the children that the characters has fathered.  Thus a need to have a home, a wife, and an amount of money (to feed them).  And the player can then decide what skills they would like to pass on to their children.  (Mount & Blade /The Sins of our Fathers/Feudal Lords/The Children of Kings/ ect)  Because, a game where you can go in half's on a bastard cant be all that bad

LLLLLLAAAAAAAG!!?
    Some ideas to stop the lag... many rooms. you use a hex shaped room each side will have a (hit tab) then you will move to the room on the overall grid of rooms. if there are quite a few people in any one room you add a fog of war to the room therefore, lowering the amount of information needing to be sent to any one player in said room.  in towns or cities call it smog or something.

ok, read at your own risk
    and gettin sleepy so MORE TO COME. if i feel like it...
Back
Top Bottom