Search results for query: *

1. Imperial Eagle

The Mead Hall

Alternately it could be descended from late Roman spatha designs just to the north in Egypt, which were quite similar to the Germanic swords.
  2. Imperial Eagle

Language

Hereward the Wake was an actual resistance leader though, not merely a copy of Arthur. Robin Hood however does seem to be based on continuing English resistance to Norman occupation.
  3. Imperial Eagle

Language

The notorious squid-helmets of doom, present on every Celtic or Germanic warrior's head since the 90s. I'm surprised Benioff and Weiss didn't borrow them for the Greyjoys too.
  4. Imperial Eagle

A Vikingr 2.0?

Leifr Eiríksson said:
    As per this answer here; an update to Víkingr would see several features lost due to the absence of the WSE. This would include friendly horse bumping and, for reasons beyond me, special characters in names. Hex-editing would no longer work for folk who desire to use the proper language.

Wait for Bannerlord.  :shifty:

That could take over a year. In the meantime, why not simply release what you have just so people can enjoy it (or any form of Vikingr for that matter) for the time being, assuming the work is all done? If it would require too much extra work i can understand, but if it's done and you just don't want to set up a release for it yourself then surely somebody could be found to do so? I certainly would prefer a populated Vikingr with 2 relatively minor features missing over nothing, and I believe most here share that feeling.
  5. Imperial Eagle

Best-dressed Warrior

The Norman adaptation of the English Fyrd system and the merging of it with feudal levy allowed them a greater degree of standardization and possibly better quality equipment for infantry (especially taking into account the English knight's tendency to fight more often on foot than his continental counterparts) compared with most of Europe all throughout the Middle Ages, reaching its peak in the Hundred Years War.
  6. Imperial Eagle

Víkingr Jomsborg Event ( 23th February 2017) 18:00 GMT

This is more of a get-on-and-play day than a proper event, but anything at this point is good. Let's fill the server right now!
  7. Imperial Eagle

Best-dressed Warrior

Vaegir Luchnik said:
    So chainmail was basically pre-modern kevlar? (I'm oversimplifying it but hopefully you get the just of what i mean)

It may have been, which would explain the late Hellenistic practice of replacing the linothorax (which was literally the closest thing to kevlar composition-wise in the classical world) with mail and presumably a padded undergarment.

I always found the relative Gallic lack of intermediate armors between nudity or normal clothing and high-quality mail to be interesting:
    2-romes-enemies-ii-gallic-and-british-celts1-e1361532525162.jpg
  8. Imperial Eagle

Screenshots and Videos!

Imagine Ragnarr's frustration at playing Brytenwalda for the first time. That stumbling feature irritates even me sometimes.
  9. Imperial Eagle

Best-dressed Warrior

The Thureophoroi and Thorakitai were earlier inventions than the roman imitations, but they were based off similar influences to those experienced by Rome, namely Celtic (Galatian) equipment.

Later on they adopted much of the successful equipment and tactics that the Romans had used with similar troops, and so Roman writers on encountering them assumed they were copies of the Roman legions.
  10. Imperial Eagle

Where is the latest submod for vikinr?

With the increasing number of people unable to play Vikingr due to script/version issues, it might be beneficial overall to release a non-WSE version for the latest warband version.
  11. Imperial Eagle

The Mead Hall

inb4 hrotha and eadric try to figure it all out
  12. Imperial Eagle

Suggestions and ideas

mcwiggum said:
    Another idea: Force deactivation of crosshairs, for events.  :grin:

Actually I like this. It would incentivize volley fire at range and would provide that extra bit of immersion; besides, i'm sure very, very few firearms had sights at this time.
  13. Imperial Eagle

What's your favorite Faction in Deluge?

Anybody but the Tatars.
  14. Imperial Eagle

The Deluge Reloaded - NEW EVENT

NightHawkreal said:
    Already reduced in 0.5, it will soon really be easier to use the butt than to shoot. Enough to spoil the game in favor of the artificial line battles.

...even though as late as the Napoleonic Wars, with more advanced muskets and even rifles many battles were in fact decided by the mass charge rather than ranged combat?

This isn't 17th Century COD, if the devs wanna be historically accurate then by all means let them.
  15. Imperial Eagle

Habsburg Tercio will be coming too, trailing 5-10 pikes. Expect to see us alongside the Lucky Dogs/Hounds often :wink:

Flag2.png~original

We would of course prefer our Holy Reich, but Sweden or even Russia are also good for us.​
  16. Imperial Eagle

Habsburg Tercios

All newcomers, feel welcome! There will be the Deluge Reloaded event on May 9th, and the Reich needs Pikes! Come join the Habsburg Tercio, to fight with Pike, Shotte, and Honor!
  17. Imperial Eagle

Habsburg Tercios

For anybody looking to join a Holy Roman Empire oriented clan, here you are!

Add [TG-IM] LuckyLarry or Hunter (with same avatar as on the forum) on Steam and we'll enjoy some events!
  18. Imperial Eagle

SKJALDBORG – The Final Víkingr Shieldwall Event (In the past)

Certainly more chaotic than the last few events, mostly because of many new players (not all of whom were very responsible...)
  19. Imperial Eagle

I will join, but my people are inactive, so just put me in the public host.

1. Friedrich_von_Wasserburg
    2.Yes
    3.English
    4.I could.
  20. Imperial Eagle

Best-dressed Warrior

Byrnies and wolf-fur cloaks.
Back
Top Bottom