Search results for query: *

1. froggyluv

Taleworlds announces the commercialization of their game engine~

I can vouch that the standard Warband Engine cannot handle a lot of agents doing proper LOS checks at real-time. I tested it with one of my earlier Modifications (Napoleonic Zombies). If you go beyond the 100 mark it will surefire crash, if it didn't already by the time you were on a slightly more advanced map than a few entities. (Scaling by * of faces of collision meshes).
    It was possible to have a slightly more interactive AI that did not actively pursue the Player 24/7 and was even able to move independently and not KOS everyone whenever they could (Burst Firing of Automatic Weapons, Moving to specified map points, Scaling Firerate by distance to enemy, not shooting within a certain distance, Detection threshold based on objects around player and clothes, triggering alerts that scale around hordes that would then be alarmed, the ability to unalert them by shaking them off etc.) Not all of those made it into the release version.
    However I did not pursue any further development due to the Engine Limits already edged by the simple features.

Nice attempt tho. The only time ive seen any semblance and feeling of LOS was Ruthven had a mod for Warband in which the entire game was played in open world -meaning connected real time battle scenes. It was extremely immersive to ride to the crest of a hill, and see a line of marching soldiers both Infantry and Cav but movin at a realistic travel pace -having no idea who they were friend/foe and following them for a while without getting spotted. I dont think people realize how amazing such an advancement would be had the Devs been working on something like this the whole time. Makes the whole world feel alive.
  2. froggyluv

Expressing myself about the state of the game.

Well if these updates are in any way hindering mods like Arda i say Cease and Desist !! !!
  3. froggyluv

Expressing myself about the state of the game.

This is like yelling into The Void. Whether you're praising them or criticizing them -it dont matter, your speaking into a vacuum of emptiness. Reminds me of the guy whos still sending the occasional text to an old GF whos completely moved on with her life, gotta new job, dog, City, family etc "...but im still here for you, should you wanna call. We still have so much to look forward to, just dont shut me out...!"

*radio static silence intensifies*
  4. froggyluv

Siege battles are weirdly bad for the defender

Overall i like alot of the Devs ideas for Sieges - i havent been in that many and wouldnt claim to say i really understand what all the "stages are". the previous games defenders just clogged the climbing lanes while archers murdered hundreds who were just waiting there turn. And by Archers i mean Player with a bow
  5. froggyluv

Have the developers given up adding new content?

As I said, nobody has said anything about anything. The entire scenario is just rumor mongering and people gaslighting others simply so they can get a rise, spread false information, and just troll. It's best to not spread things but human beings will be human beings and people feel its their God given right to freedom of speech to spread nonsense.

Just my two cents.

Keep your two cents -aint worth much around here. And how is anyone gaslighting -do you even understand what that phrase means. The mind is a terrible thing to develop - without help ...
  6. froggyluv

I'm curious where you found information from Taleworlds stating that the Developers have left the Bannerlord project. While I may not have a high post count I do frequent these forums and the site on the regular and I haven't seen anything other then rumor mongering.
    Developers rarely if ever state that explicitly as they have little incentive to. Quality and type of response/Patches etc is the only real tell
  7. froggyluv

Irony is while discussing the games weaknesses, we're all watchin a glaring problem but we're so used it it -he never even mentions it. That being -look at him just continuously spin around infanrty picking them off one at a time as a horse archer and they just follow him like a suicidal catepillar. How bout a few them chuck their shields, strip a helmet & scream F* Dat !! and sprint at the horse diving at the rider. Sounds crazy? No crazier than a Suicidal Catepillar. Oh...and the game needs Sprint and different rates of movement speed -was pretty important for pre-gun warfare
  8. froggyluv

Is This Game Dead Now?

I am thinking the 'community team' are just independent contractors, working when they feel like it in addition to other odd jobs. I know this company has proven/shown themselves to be incompetent when it comes to development, but there is no way the 'community team' is working 40 hours a week. If they are full time employees, then they clearly have no management and are just milking their paychecks
    They definitely are not full time employees. Hell id be surprised if half of the programming team are.
  9. froggyluv

Dont know if its obvious but all the infantry I use I have in a shield wall formation. Good defending against archers and for blocking the ladder access points. makes it almost impossible for the attackers to penetrate. Though if your highly outnumbered you can for sure get overwhelmed (not enough infantry to hold back the attackers).

Good tips -thanks
  10. froggyluv

At the beginning of most battles you can position you're troops, (it doesn't always allow you to in some cases the battle has already begun and you just go straight to the battle), then start the battle. All the units I position stay in place. If I need them to move somewhere I just order them, they are numbered 1,2,3...
    Ok yeah i think i know what you mean -thats when Ive been hitting Auto-Deploy lol. Honestly I find defending sieges alot harder than warband -maybe my troops are too spread out. Ill need to try your system more
  11. froggyluv

and concentrate on placement of infantry forces at access points i.e. ladder, gates, prospective siege tower approach

You're able to separate and delegate to different Infantrys?
  12. froggyluv

So No Replacement for Callum the Horrendously Inactive Community Manager ?

Most likely the higher ups have a strict NDA policy guideline for their CM's and considering they are often confused themselves -well theres not much for a CM to do except take on grievance
  13. froggyluv

If the WB engine is open source, perhaps you can add these basic function, as MS has limitations.
    What is MS?

Im actually surprised how little battle AI has advanced in terms of gaming over the past 20 years. Every other dept. of gaming has really improved, Graphics, Shader, Animations but not really AI considering the trajectory it was on. Many games of the early 2000's are still considered the standard.
  14. froggyluv

You would have 100's if not thousands of Line of sight checks per all these units per frame(or few frames) all while all of these swings, blocks, horses, arrows are already being calculated.
    CPU not allowed, too much computation will cause frame drops

Yes I know -so your basically just reiterating my point -this engine cant handle any real LOS checks in a meaningful way.
  15. froggyluv

Ok I could only use Google translate and say the pictures of what appeared to be a stealth type-attack of one character. This is already in the base game in such scenes as Bandit Hideouts and Prison escapes. That is a totally different animal than having a real LOS for actual troops on the battlefield - do you have any examples of this? You would have 100's if not thousands of Line of sight checks per all these units per frame(or few frames) all while all of these swings, blocks, horses, arrows are already being calculated.

Small scenes is more of a gimmick and not what im talking about at all
  16. froggyluv

We can design different AI alert levels to achieve different effects, and we have achieved good results.
    Who is we? Please show me a working proof of concept for an LOS system that can handle anywhere close to the normal amount of units
  17. froggyluv

There's one major flaw in this engine and that is it has very little ability for Line of Sight built in. Probably one of the reasons we can have such huge AI battles is theres not 6 cores being loaded up with constant calculation of the AI's ability to spot and/or hide from each other. They always know where the enemy is at all times. But as we know -this is a huge aspect of real world battles and why flanking maneuvers, tactical retreat and ambush are so vital.
  18. froggyluv

I think making money in Bannerlord is too easy

Another thing that makes the game too easy is the way you can farm relationship by not taking prisoners, this is the same problem that warband had where you always become best friends with enemy lords rather than your allies. And then once you make a kingdom you have a bunch of maxed out relations to farm for vassals.

Yeah very true. The game sorely needs more grudges, resentment that cant be mended and downright mortal enemies. Feels like even down to the cartoonish Asterix like looks of the characters, its all meant to be in good jest and No !! Heavens No - we'd rather be friends than fight !! A Major flaw in Vision.

should have been more like

19. froggyluv

Taleworlds is going to release a post to let us know about their futur plans for the game. What are your expectations ??

This engine isnt the right engine for a Shooter let alone a Star Shooter. Whats one of the most important concepts in tactical fighting? Element of surprise, first to Sights, flanking maneuvers, misdirection, baiting, ambush etc... Whats the one element of combat missing in this engine - All of the Above, it requires no Line of Sight in terms of knowing where enemies are. The AI always knows at all times cept for the silly little hideout scenes.

And no you cant just "Tape one on top" -its got to work and be designed in from the base engine and then all the usual other AI factors would need to be addressed along side that. I see no way that this engine does any of this better than an less-than-average shooter out there
  20. froggyluv

Prisoner Execution Game Logic and a Bug

Thats why the game needs hard scripted personalities and the ability to sway or scheme public opinion on other lords. Also, IF the game had Ambushes, it should significantly increase the odds of a revenge killing
Back
Top Bottom