Search results for query: *

1. Goals

Atmostfear said:
    Okay well im getting pretty good at mount and blade and need well a real big challenge,
    Change the difficulty level off of easy....  :wink:
  2. RTS or RPG Style?

Hack - N - Slash style.

Pure and simple.  :wink:
  3. Woman on battlefield!

Helping allied lords is how you increase relations with kingdoms.
  4. Useless ****ing drivel from a random wanker.

For Castle raids - Nord Huscarls FTW.  :mrgreen:
  5. Making money

Export > Import.  :twisted:
  6. Arrows on hero

juicemaestro said:
    This is kind of annoying at 1/4 damage as the arrows won't stick at all.

I could always play with full damage, but then have to pretty much stay out of the fight so that my troops won't retreat.

[quote author=ddrake]P.S. real men have damage all the way up! Do you want to live forever?[/quote]
    ^This

Playing this game at anything less than full damage is...  ok, I'm not going to say it.  :mrgreen:

There's really nothing fun about playing this game at 1/2 or 1/4 as you pretty much never die.  ever.

I gave it a try once...  I took on an army (like 5 armies I think) of about 1200 with my squad of 40 (yes, I said 40).
    - Round 1, I started with me and 3 companions (I guess they are not happy about me charging into these large battles with such a small force).
      This took a while to beat them down, but I eventually did with only 4 wounded (you get respawns)
    - The next round, I had 6 companions.  I think I only had one wounded after that round was over.
    - Next round, I got more and more troops...  and I don't think I ever suffered another wounded troop the rest of the battle.

All-in-all, the whole battle took almost 2 hours.  But when all said and done, my troops only feel wounded in the first few battles.

On a regular basis, I would find that way more annoying than not having arrows stuck in my head.

Get used to playing on full damage...  you get used to it pretty fast.  You don't die as much as you think.
  7. How can this game be so heavy?

Santeri said:
    Despite the crappy graphics, M&B is still quite demanding for your graphics card?
    Crappy graphics?  You high?

Maybe... if you're comparing it to the games out there with what might be referred to as "best graphics on the market"....

But labeling this game as having "crappy graphics" is hardly just.  I think the game has rather good graphics.

Yea, you crank the graphics down to minimum (as you stated)... and I would think they might look "crappy", but with a modern video card with everything turned up all the way full (default textures mind you), the game looks Very nice indeed.

Your problem is your video card cannot process the poly's this game renders. 

A) You're in very large outdoor settings, with a lot of foilage...  a LOT in some cases.
    B) ~50 mobs on the screen at once, double that if they are all on horse...    THAT ALONE is probably more polygons than the games you mentioned render on the screen at once.

Plus, the CPU comes into play
    - YOUR cpu has to run the AI for every mob on the screen - at once - on top of everything else going on.

Your CPU and video card are WAY outdated.

Modern video cards are about 30 times more powerful that a 9550.

A modern CPU running at 2.4GHz is probably twice as powerful as your P4 at same clock speed.  I know a C2D is.

However, it's not likely a new video card would work in your current system.  Not even low end cards.  So you're only option would be to get a new computer outright.

Just my .02
  8. Regarding Archers

King Loras said:
    In real life, an archer's rate of fire varies considerably based on who the archer is, how strong they are (for the relevant muscles, at least), how much training they have had, what they are doing at the time (are they aiming carefully or just spamming), etc. The computer isn't very smart when it comes to that sort of thing.
    This is really all that needs said in this thread.
  9. Game crashing....

So to put it strait, I got a bad client download?  nice.

Well, I'll install the new client I have downloaded and report back in a day or so to say "Fixed" or "Not Fixed!"

Thanks
  10. Game crashing....

Ya know, I love this game... but I get tired of the crash to desktops...  3 times today alone.  :x The lastest crash, came after a 2 hour skirmish fighting a 1200 strong army(s).  took over 2 hours. Whenever the game crashes, it always occurrs when I am: a) taking prisoners or b) hiring...
  11. Does a King ever give you a castle you have taken?

penquin11 said:
    My King Likes meh, he gave me both Vinycourt Castle, Amere, Runa, and ever Dihirem. heck i didnt even request Dihirem and I got it, guess thats what my +28 relations with him helps me with :smile: . that and I ALWAYS help him in battle....
    After looking at the tweaks to make this a little easier... the default values the game uses to calculate whether you get the lands or not hardly uses your relation score at all.  I mean it has VERY little to do with your success.

I tweaked this calculation using TML's guide and I have to say I am much happier with the rewarding system now.

I was given the first castle I took, and the 2nd town I took,  Now that I have those, I don't get them as much, but that's ok.  :grin:
  12. Most Hated Faction?

Elfy said:
    I simply don't like Khergits. And do you know why? Because it takes ages to kill them.They're not hard, but it will take too long to kill them  :cry:
    Once you get horse archery and power draw to about 7, you can drop them like flies...  even though they are fast, and hard to hit, they are squishy..  and a hard and accurate hitting bow puts them in the dirt with 1 shot.
  13. Most Hated Faction?

Lord_Adam said:
    Khergits, they are extremely annoying on their fast horses and they take forever to kill because of that.

Their strategy is...

Run run run run run run shoot run run run run RUUUUUN shoot

Leaving you wanting to pull your hair out as you miss continually with your sword/etc.
    This is why MY toon is a horse archer.  I leave the cleaving up to my companions.

I do hate fighting Khergits too...  but I get a HECK of a lot of kills in vs. the rest of my companions on those fights.

But yes, Horse archers (the enemy) are the worst of the worst to try to fight.  I guess that's why I like playing one myself.  Pretty invulnerable.
  14. To cheat or not to cheat...

I found that by altering the script files a little, it made the game much more appealing.

Things I did were;
    - Adjusted the 16 companions skills to less rediculous setups (all of them have inventory management? please..)
    - Adjusted the build times for town improvements
    - disabled companion bickering
    - greatly increased chances to gain a castle/town if I were soloing it, and have good standings/renown.
    - greatly increased money rewards for arena fights
    - slightly increased XP gains from skirmishes.
    - greatly reduced moral penalty for having an army

I still start at level 1...  With little to no money...  I have to work for my money still (Do a few rounds in the arena now and again)

But, the game doesn't feel like a grind. 
    I can play with as many companions as I wish.
    I can have have a pretty large army and not have to worry too much about moral.

Basically, I just "fixed" the things that bothered "me".

I don't really consider that cheating.

Doing some of the cheats you can do in this game would be silly, and for me, would ruin the game.
  15. Regarding Archers

Lord Burgess1 said:
    I've never experinced FF in M&B

I have an army of 100 Royal Sharpshooter (from Rangers Apprentice)

I often stand infront of the enemy lines, an arrow never ever hits me.
    Yea, I don't know if NPC's can do this or not.  Their shots are so bad though, that surely you would see messages all the time like "Ymira was wounded by an allie archer..." or something.

I myself can't recall ever being hit either.

Me, on the other hand.... I hit them all the time when they run in front of me... or I might hit someones horse.

I haven't killed a friendly - yet.  :???:
  16. Khergits?

You're all wrong.

Swadians - Elves
    Vaegirs - Dwarves
    Nords - Orcs
    Rhodoks - Goblins
    Khergits - Hobbits
  17. Regarding Archers

An experienced archer "can" fire arrows every couple seconds.  However, this does not allow enough time to do anything other than pull back and fling...
    More than half the shots are made so pourly, you're lucky to hit the side of a barn.  A lot of them don't even make it to a full pull.

Accuracy and damage (from the reduced pull) are evident in this game when you let arrows loose at this rate (at lower skills anyway).

I don't do archery IRL, but I had a friend once who did.  He's the one who is responsible for me playing archers in RPG's.  :mad:

I used to go watch them at archery shoots (not really competitions, just a bunch of local archers get together and have some fun) and they would do all kinds of weird stuff, like, see who could shoot the most arrows in 30 seconds.  It was pretty funny to see some of them, almost shoot themselves in the foot after their arm started getting tired. lol

But some, that were really strong, and could really fling arrows - very fast.  And not half bad accurate!

Normal time to load and shoot a bow is about 5 seconds for an experienced archer.  This includes a few seconds to get a full pull and take a pretty descent aim.  Even if you are vollying arrows, you still have to take a pretty good aim.  You dont just aim for the sky and shoot.  Doesn't work that way.

----
    I think archery in this game pretty close.  The longer you hold and aim, the better shot you get off (with good damage).  But if you hold it too long, you start to lose your aim, and eventually it just hits the ground in front of you.

The only problem I can see, is when your skill gets so high, your aim zeros in a bit too fast.  Once you hit 7 or 8, and you're standing still, you don't have to hold the mouse to get a good aim.  Once the bow is drawn, you're pretty much zero'd in.

In castle raids, I break in and just stand on the wall and drop them left and right.

NPC archers in this game, are really bad.  I mean really.  If they were half descent, the game would be much harder than it is. 
    ----

But then again, I already know you have this thing against archery.  :mrgreen:

So  :twisted:
  18. Does a King ever give you a castle you have taken?

I'd like to know how in the world you guys figured out how to tweak those files...?  They are just a bunch of numbers?  LOL

I'm a senion programmer myself and would never have figured those tweaks out.  That must be some kind of translatable scripting language I guess.

[edit]Or, let me guess. You use tools for the Mod editors?  Hmmm... have to give these a whirl.
  19. Took a break for about 12 months, came back to zero luck?

You are at day 61. Your current luck is 192. Are you sure you want to retire?
    Hmmm... I guess - don't lose battles?  :mrgreen:
  20. How do you fight your battles?

tommylaw said:
    How do I fight my battles?

Alone.

Agent707 said:
    I usually kill 1/3 of them (or better) myself anyway (on horse with bow).
    Craven.
    Considering I usually fight armies of 100 to 400...  I can't agree with your statement.  :wink:
Back
Top Bottom