Search results for query: *

1. SP - General Perk System Feedback

Intro When I first started Bannerlord, I thought the perk system was a cool idea. However, after playing for a while (with and without mods) I have come to the realisation that the perk system, while a nice concept, I feel it doesn't quite hit the mark of what I think is it's intent. Here, I'll...
  2. SP - General I have some new suggestions

First of all I will emphasise that there are a lot of issues that should be addressed before adding content which doesn't address those same issues. That being said I'll go through each of your points with my own take.

1-4. The idea of fortifying a village is not historically inaccurate. But it doesn't quite sit right to have every village possibly become a castle. I wouldn't be against the idea of allowing village upgrades though (such as palisades, platforms, a barrack or even a personal home/manner).

5. The idea of makeshift defences wouldn't be beyond the scope of the game I think, whether it would be fun in practice though I'm not sure. However, the command tent seems a little odd, thematic sure, but due to the pace of battles there really wouldn't be much use of going all the way back to your tent, to what I assume would be to go into RTS camera mode.

6. Sieges already have these "stages" in a sense. However, sieges do need a lot of work (as I've suggested in another thread).

3?. I think cavalry are already mechanically strong, I do think commanding them to charge certain areas (as well as an RTS camera in the base game) would go a long way to making cavalry more tactically viable in more situations though.

4. Yes, this would be a fine addition. Currently the only way to do that is to hold fire + fire at will (at least as far as I'm aware).

5. Fire arrows for what reason? Fire arrows as a primary battlefield weapon is something from pop culture rather than historical records. Lindybeige does a good video on why fire arrows were not a thing and that actually, they don't make logical sense in an open field battle.

6. Yup, it's not a bad idea.

7&10. You've been playing too much skyrim. That being said, this could be a funny but very niche mod I guess.

8. I've not tried playing with that mod yet to really see how good/bad the extra gore is, but I don't think it's really needed in the base game.

9. Combat feedback in what sense?

11. I'm not sure what this means.

12. Haven't used either of those mods to make a valid comment.

14. There probably should be more dialogue/reactions/content within towns/castles/villages. I'm not sure about non-military saluting (even military saluting is questionable whether it's historically accurate on not). And I'm not sure why you'd want to arrest a poor citizen (both thematically and mechanically).
  3. SP - General Let's talk about sieges

I recently purchased Bannerlord and while I really like many aspects of the game, some of them are a little disappointing, or I feel they could be even better. There are a number of issues with siege warfare in particular, some of them I hope are already being improved upon. Here's some feedback...
  4. SP - General I think Smithing feature is dragging down the overhaul gaming experience

The problem with the crafting system in MB;BL is it doesn't know what it wants from the player. Think about it for a moment. The stamina system, the amount of clicking required to mass craft, and the gold gained per weapon crafted indicates the system should not be "spammed". Yet the game also wants you to spam crafting in order to level up and unlock blueprints.

It just doesn't make sense. And the amount of clicking needed is insanity. The system really does need a complete overhaul. Coupled with an economy fix for weapons and armour. Why does a modder address the issue of inflated prices better than taleworlds? (Economy Tweak by heu3becteh for those interested).
Back
Top Bottom