Search results for query: *

1. Is This Game Dead Now?

If there aren't posts like yours, either the game is perfect, or it's really dead.

Judging by TW being completely absent from the forums for months, and no substantial updates since, yeah id say its really dead.
  2. Patch Notes v1.2.9

I doubt they still have anywhere near 100 people working on the game, that would be extraordinary considering that no content has been added for nearly a year.

True, although the team size is kind of a moot point imo. Its obvious to everyone this studio has poor leadership and even worse project management. Whether it's 100 people or 10, it's ultimately a rudderless ship without captains. My guess is that it's largely contract workforce that are just milking their wages, with no passion or commitment to the product. The community team especially is a sham.
  3. Is This Game Dead Now?

I am thinking the 'community team' are just independent contractors, working when they feel like it in addition to other odd jobs. I know this company has proven/shown themselves to be incompetent when it comes to development, but there is no way the 'community team' is working 40 hours a week. If they are full time employees, then they clearly have no management and are just milking their paychecks
  4. Patch Notes v1.2.9

Probably more of the same they have been doing, of which they stated in the release notes of the game. Anything else would be a surprise. People have higher expectations is a people problem though.

FYI, This guy is a TW employee's alt / sock account on this forum. The amount of bootlicking and defense force is obnoxious.
  5. Is This Game Dead Now?

the community managers and dev have always been silent in between update and will come back a few weeks before the next one, as usual
    it's taking longer than usual sure but it's nothing surprising, nor to be worrying about
    seeing how long it took to leave the 1.2 beta I'm pretty sure there are very few devs left working on BL, so a new patch will take longer

I don't think the role of a 'community manager' is to disappear for weeks/months at a time?
  6. Is This Game Dead Now?

Just curious what everyone thinks? Meaningful updates are non existent now No interesting features or improvements added in ages Community team just completely absent, with no interest towards interacting with their fan base Cannot imagine they're working 40 hours a week
  7. Patch Notes v1.2.9

They had an internal discussion and decided sharing news isn't in their current vision of the game. Please refer back to the 2 and a half years old future plans post that hasn't been updated since then for any information. The update will come out when it comes out.

I know this is satire, but it's also painfully accurate. There's no way their community team work more than 10 hours a week. Like, how hard is it to release a road map or provide meaningful updates?
  8. Patch Notes v1.2.9

You can go to Dejan's profile & look at postings or go to page 27 of "Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.5" and scroll to the bottom most comment.

But in my opinion, regardless the confirmation of a community manager, I think that there is still a small chance for a patch to be released for the end of March, since Easter holidays are coming and a new beta patch would attract potential buyers. But this chance is very slim.
    Embarrassing we have to hunt for posts, instead of the community team, you know, actually having meaningful engagement
  9. Patch Notes v1.2.9

Not this month as stated before

Stated where? Community managers have gone MIA again regarding this topic.
  10. Patch Notes v1.2.9

Look at the video game industry and lay offs. 2700 announced between Sony and EA this month with over 10,000 last year also. With the issues in Turkey, there is no way Taleworld hasn't been effected. Only difference is TW tries to keep it a secret instead of telling the community, being open and honest with us. Having problems and letting your community know is much better than keeping things hush hush. People just want to know what's going on and will applaud you for transparency. Worse to just keep quiet and have everyone wonder what's going on. I've said it for years, "communication is key to maintaining a good relationship with your community". Look at posts, people aren't asking for a patch, most comments are "when". They just want info, one of the easiest things a company can do. It's takes a lot more work to code a game, then type a couple sentences on your keyboard

Good post. There's a total disconnect between the 'community managers' and the dev team. It's a case study in how not to foster a good community.
  11. Patch Notes v1.2.9

Is there a timeline for 3.0? Development appears to be moving at a snails pace?
  12. Patch Notes v1.2.9

Radio silence from devs and multiple community managers
  13. Patch Notes v1.2.9

Whats the latest on 3.0? Feels like it's been radio silence
  14. In Progress Most Male Lords Look Skinny or Small in Height - Build is Off

Hi, this is still an issue in 1.2.8. Is this still being addressed?
  15. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Nearly 6 months, fless. June 23 is when they announced 1.2, were coming up on half a year for what should be a simple update. Total ineptitude at taleworlds.
    Just shameful lack of leadership, project management and passion for work.
  16. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

im 100% sure

Agreed, either employee on burner/sock account or just a bootlicker that adds no value to these conversations.
  17. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

that's not a secret.. we can see by how some awesome devs were let go and how some decisions were made.

They still retain a great talent on Duh, and maybe others, but we can easily see how bad of a CEO Taleworld has and poor managers and project leaders they have

Yes, the Bannerlord project has been completely mismanaged from the top down. The lack of polish and years-long bugs really highlights that the current/final(?) game is not a quality product. I am actually shocked they're able to retain employees, because as a developer, I would not want to have this on my resume.
  18. Beta Patch Notes v1.2.0-v1.2.6

Respectfully, why do you guys make endless meetings to discuss obvious things that, for most of them, have already been "fixed" by modders working on their spare time ? Should I make a list ?

Jesus...I think we are pass discussions !

We are giving you suggestions for ages, you know exactly what needs to be done for Bannerlord. They are countless threads, videos, testers talking about exactly what is good, what is missing and what doesn't work in this game. Please, just pick one and make it happen for good.

You can even steal mods for what I care, but just do things. I took several breaks since Bannerlord early access and e v e r y t i m e I come back it's like nothing has changed. Or barely.

The game is lacking basic features, fix that and improve the already existing ones. So we can't enjoy a stable and deep game without having to beg "update please ?" on a Nexus/Steam page. I'm sick of that.

Has the unwanted vlandian sigil on a coat of arms been fixed or do we still need a mod to remove it ? How about the 2H weapons on hips ? Why can't we still save weapons designs and stack crafted ones in our inventory ? Who is the person that prevents you to fix these things all this time ? Just fire him.

(sigh heavily)

Sorry to be that guy, I'm not proud to spread raw frustration or worthless sarcasm, but this just kills me...

It's starts at the top. I've spoken to a former Dev in Discord, and they basically summarized the following:

- Bad leadership that can't manage projects, inconsistent ideas/vision and doesn't hold the team accountable for underperformance
    - Morale is low due to lack of leadership and low wages, resulting in a culture of apathy and just 'milking it'
    - Community manager and team disappearing for days and weeks at a time, completely disconnected from their colleagues
  19. In Progress Most Male Lords Look Skinny or Small in Height - Build is Off

Here's some screenshots. Just 2 random males from a Northern Empire city, Olypos and Phadon. Using char editor mod, you can see their height is all listed at "0". The weight distribution is actually somewhat realistic (not included in the SS), but the height for most male lords in the game is really off:

Back
Top Bottom