Search results for query: *

1. [1.7.0] Impossible to separate infantry types now into different formations?

Great job.

I think the way it's going right now, TW needs to continue making the vanilla game stable and Mod friendly so talented people can create more content/Mods to make the game more enjoyable.

@Grisch
    I was reading your Nexus description and future plans and the problem with companion is that their equipment changes depending on the player and the situation, so it is difficult to assign them to those groups because they may conflict with the new slider system. That was the reason TW got rid of the old assignment (see what @MRay said in that post).
    What I have noticed so far with companions is that bow and horse are the main things that determine their automatic assignment. If a companion carries a bow (crossbow), it is automatically assigned to a Ranged unit. If the same companion has a horse, then he is placed in a HA unit.
    The main problem is dealing with companions!
    Honestly, my mod just trusts the player not to be an idiot. If they want to assign a bunch of foot troops to a horse archer formation, then they can do that. I might consider adding a button to the order of battle UI to 'unset' everything in a specific formation if they find themselves in a situation where they've screwed up their assignments, but that's way down the line. There are multiple potential solutions to it that I can think of.

Punishing everyone because some players MIGHT be too dumb not to mix unit types seems like the wrong way to go. As it is, you can assign unmounted companions to captain formations of mounted troops, so I'm not sure what the issue is anyway.
  2. Do AI get a shield force-field?

RBM feels way more balanced to me. Armor feels more effective. Fights give you time to engage in some strategy before everything dies in a big scrum in the middle. It's not perfect, but it's way better than vanilla for many things.
  3. Do AI get a shield force-field?

Another reason why RBM is essential. It reduces shields hitboxes to the actual size of the model.
  4. ItemModifiers and ItemObject (equipment)

I'm trying to do some stuff with tournament prizes to give them a random ItemModifier (like cracked, splintered, lordly etc). I've noticed though that ItemModifiers can only be applied to EquipmentElements. EquipmentElements take an ItemObject as a member. Tournament Prizes are generated as an...
  5. Do you want more complex features, such as proper formation behaviour in Bannerlord?

I wish tws would work alongside modders
    Most modders wish TW would work with them as well...
  6. Do you want more complex features, such as proper formation behaviour in Bannerlord?

Yeah absolutely this. makes me doubt they have any real tactically-driven Devs engaged here as literal teleportation into the middle of a battle is about the worst way to solve this issue. Ive seen a mod that does this brilliantly not sure why the devs dont try and replicate that
    Which mod? Would love something to fix it for now.
  7. Resolved not by Taleworlds] Fallback order is still not working from 2019 until now.

I've been informed that this is an intended design.

Someone tell me they're joking. Lie if you have to.

giphy.gif
  8. Has anyone figured out what makes wool weaveries so profitable in 1.7?

It's just workshop limited number, and you had to be certain allied with faction so you would not lost workshop.
    That doesn't make sense. There are other areas that produce sheep. If you buy a wool weavery there it still doesn't make as much as in the cities I listed. Also, whether or not you're allied with the faction isn't part of the question.
  9. My Governor is recruited by noble, it is a BUG or Game Mechanic? 1.7.0

Do you happen to be using the "Serve As Soldier" mod?
  10. [1.7.0] Impossible to separate infantry types now into different formations?

The worst part is that it's also bugged. If you try to jigger it by having a 'swap' group that you put one guy in and then lock everything except the one you want to move him to, the goddamned thing re-arranges your freaking locked groups when you move the slider. It's maddening. I can't remember a system that has made me want to throw a brick through my new gaming monitor as badly as this 'feature'.
  11. Has anyone figured out what makes wool weaveries so profitable in 1.7?

So I know Flesson19 did a test on this. They consistently outperform every other workshop every game. (Assuming of course they're built somewhere with access to wool, so: ["Chaikand", "Oortengard", "Baltakand", "Tyal"]) I looked at what they produce and it's just anything classified as a...
  12. Troops start mixing up

I have the same issue!
    One thing to note though it seems based on observation if a cavalryman is dismounted it counts him as “infantry” in the screen until he finds a new mount.
    I guess that might explain why sieges are so messed up. It seems like all the dismounted cavalry get thrown into a bunch of different groups. I started one siege with 1 group of infantry and 2 archers. The moment it started I had like 6 groups and they were all mixed up some infantry and archers, others just one type. But no coherent reasoning to it.
  13. Troops start mixing up

At least I am not the only one. Do you know if there are any plans to change this in the near future?
    No idea. I've seen a few other people mentioning it on reddit and on the discord, but nothing from TW.

That and the inability to separate out units the way I want at the start of battle are the two things I wish they'd fix most right now.
  14. Troops start mixing up

I found this happens when I have other parties in the battle besides mine, so sieges generally and large battles. It seems like when re-inforcements come on, they come into groups all over the place and they're mixed in with everything, archers with cav and so forth. It's honestly horrible and makes trying to command at that point pointless.
  15. [POLL]Which of these features is in most urgent need of fixing/adding?

Wouldn't say anything on that list is my biggest bugbear with the game.
    1) We need better battle AI. The Realistic Battle Mod is one of the most popular mods out there. It adds more intelligent AI to enemies and your own troops. After using it, most users can't go back to vanilla.

2) Blacksmithing/prices/economy. The insane blacksmithing sale prices should be an easy fix. Also the economy needs to be looked at. It's a core gameplay feature, but the late game economy has issues. Workshops right now offer little player choice. (buy a wool weavery in Khuzait and you're set). Late game economy is flat and uninteresting for trading.

I'll keep it to 2 things as those are my absolute biggest issues and have been for a while.

If I could have one new feature, it would be what the Distinguished Service mod adds, where your own soldiers have a chance of rising up to become companions. It's honestly amazing and adds so much immersion and organic story development to the game.
  16. [1.7.0] Impossible to separate infantry types now into different formations?

It would work if there were tags the player could assign to troop types in the party screen. Just like 'Heavy', 'Polearm', 'javelin' etc, let the player add additional tags to troop types in party and then use those to filter. Make them 1 - 5 like we used to have if you don't want to think about it.

As it is, the filters are pretty useless since pretty much everything we have has shields and polearms. Not sure what constitutes heavy infantry, but from the looks of the system, everything in Vlandia is 'Heavy Infantry'.
Back
Top Bottom