Search results for query: *

1. Sturgia's unplayable

Isn't the Heroic Line Breaker meant to be the shock trooper melee monster?
    Apologies if that wasn't angry and/or rude enough.

I like that Sturgia has two offshoots of shielded heavy infantry, it makes them more unique from other factions in my opinion.
    And having a spearman with a shield fits in well with Sturgia's Kievan Rus' inspiration.
    Toporshic1.jpg

As an aside, it would be nice if the two shielded infantry looked more distinct (and more Slavic) by having differently shaped shields. Right now both Heavy Axemen and Heavy Spearmen get the same size/shape round shield.
    That's true, forgot about the Line Breaker as they're the real Nord unit in the Sturgians. The Heavy Axeman/Spearman having different shields would be nice, though. Further help set 'em apart.

Could've been a bit ruder, I'd say. Lol.
  2. Sturgia's unplayable

Regarding the need to fix Sturgians, I got a few suggestions I'd like to see shot down angrily and rudely.
    Maybe replace the Sturgian Heavy Spearman with the old war razor shock trooper, tweak 'em to be a good menavlion style melee monster while the Heavy Axeman gets repurposed into more of an arrow-withstanding, line holding Huscarl or Guard unit?
    Aserai have a 'light' archer unit as their midtier bowmen, maybe the T5 Sturgian archer could be a lamellar plated Bow Guard or Heavy Archer, packing an axe or sword and a round steppe-style shield?
  3. death mechanics

Just a quick question regarding death on the battlefield, do we know how it works? Both for regular soldiers when you're going about your business but also with lords. Is there a calculation or damage threshold used to determine when a Lord or Lady gets the red skull of doom up in the kill feed...
  4. Khuzait Solution

Yes! Please or another glaive like weaponry, or an extra long axe, as long as they can land hits consistently
    An extra long axe you say? Like some form of halberd? Do go on, this would be so wonderful and I support this wholeheartedly.
  5. Reinforcements Spawn Points Ruin Battles!!

You could spawn the new troops just behind the commander ? if you place your commander in the front lines. I never do, he is just behind the second line, in the center.
    I like this idea, maybe have a "battle line" system where troop spawn areas can grow based on how well they're doing in combat. I.E. if your troops have high morale and have beaten the enemy's back to their side of the map, your troops spawn from the middle of the map instead of your side?

I feel part of the problem is troop cohesion as well. As your troops press an advantage and start racking up kills and routing enemies, they'll start chasing down fleeing foes and getting strung out. This, on top of your own reinforcements taking longer to reach you from your spawn, often leads to your forces being scattered and easy prey for the respawning enemies, leading to your moment of triumph turning into half your army gone in a cheap and unfair turn of events.

I personally try to assuage this by routinely ordering my troops march back towards the center of the map whenever the enemy line starts to route or their numbers take a heavy drop, but it's still a pretty big issue. I'd be up for something like better enemy morale, like being able to cause a mass route that ends the battle without having to break every single soldier in their army, or being able to order your troops to ignore routing enemies from the start could help.
  6. Sturgia's unplayable

I just find it weird that the Sturgians have bad archers. Aren't their descendants the archery-happy Vaegirs as well as the Nords?
  7. Weird marriage bug

Coming back a bit late but what had happened was the lord I was trying to marry was the heir to his clan, and when his dad died I wound up trying to marry an unmarriable character.
  8. Weird marriage bug

Weird bug I stumbled on, curious if anyone else has experienced it or wants to try and replicate it. Playing a female lord, love those battle lines, wound up courting two different Aserai nobles. Turns out both were brothers, got through all the speech checks and was ready to pick one to marry...
Back
Top Bottom