Search results for query: *

1. BanterLord's Bar Wand

Beta Patch Notes e1.8.0

Modders can now define & add different races like Orcs, Elves,... through the skins.xml file. Custom skeleton support has been added for humanoid characters.
    Does this mean large-scale overhaul mods will be able to create races with ease? Like the Old Worlds Mod and the rest?

Also, I am really loving these changes. I was not very hopeful because the previous updates were ages ago, but my confidence seems to be returning. Waiting for the download to finish so that I can begin playing!
  2. BanterLord's Bar Wand

Immersion and related Feedback

No matter if you have friends in a faction or not. They all will declare war on you just for lulz, if you encounter a friend in an enemy faction, he will attack you nonetheless, he will never release you after battle (as they do with other lords, by the way).
    Aye! Relationship metrics only cause anxiety to me xD

4. If a lord has few troops and you have 300 high-tier soldiers - they won't surrender.They will fight. Stupid.

5. No matter if you are a lord, a king or a merc - traders will tell you that they hired a bunch of poachers... Yeah, dude, good to know, to the gallows with you for that, you're telling it to the King.
    THIS! I believe the changes we are mentioning aren't too complex at this stage. Just tweaks to dialogue, or die roll changes need to be made - these suggestions prove to be very subtle yet breathe a lot of life in-game, imho.
  3. BanterLord's Bar Wand

It needs some humour or consequences
    Ah, well put. I agree. I often feel that the persuasion skill is being limited to a great extent. A good RPG would always allow me to talk instead of blatant murder. Let me talk to the looter and persuade him into letting me go? Or let me talk to the keep guard and persuade him? The only use of this skill is in convincing lords to join your faction - which is great, but the first time I encounter a persuasion screen of that scale, I would be very new to it and the stakes would be too damn high!
  4. BanterLord's Bar Wand

Skyrim did this wonderfully. They made the world feel alive in a never seen before way. NPC's would have dialogue with eachother and you based on region, ethnicity and most importantly, recent world events. Which made your actions feel very impactful in a way that it influenced the world around you.

Dialogues integrating town status such as poverty, loyalty or prosperity would be even better. @NPC99 For example: giving aforementioned beggar money could trigger a temporary loyalty bonus based on chance. Or, depending on the culture, could have the opposite effect as it would be seen as flaunting riches resulting in a loyalty penalty.

TW is planning to implement vocalized dialogues but although their "Future Plans" post is rich with new systems and features there is no mention of fleshing out NPC's further in ways mentioned in this thread.
    Revamping NPC Dialogue and making fleshed-out NPCs at this stage of the game seems like a humongous task to me. Borderline impossible. Warband had, to a very small extent, NPCs that would react to certain developments in Calradia. Like how they would talk about things being good in the village if prosperity were high and so on. Skyrim is a handcrafted experience, unlike Calradia. The latter is more like a simulation of Medieval Europe compared to a fantastical landscape. But I can definitely agree on how NPCs' reaction to region, economy, ethnicity, etc can make it fun! Hell if small stuff like this was present, I'd be incentivized to visit a village or town and just talk to folk. An "Interesting NPCs" Mod for Bannerlord is what we need. :razz:

I don't think bringing voiced dialogue should be a priority at all. It would be hella awkward to have a partially voiced game in this age. Instead working on breathing more life and dynamic events in the world are the only ways to make it more engaging.
  5. BanterLord's Bar Wand

I love the Mount and Blade franchise. When I was really young, I remember playing the demo for M&B Classic for days on end and saving money for buying one. Those were the days of the grind. That said, I have spent significant time with Bannerlord and Warband and would like to give some...
Back
Top Bottom