Search results for query: *

1. Resolved Cursor Flickering in menus and world map.

I did spikes method, it seems to work. Anyhow, here's a guide for doing this yourself, if you arent a programmer or whatever: Use HxD programm, its the simplest one -> open md warband.exe -> Go to -> type this 00216FA5 -> change 00 to 01 -> close and save -> go **** up some swads.

I find it baffling that taleworld didnt fix that for half a year, ****ing hell, this is crazy.
  2. Resolved Cursor Flickering in menus and world map.

This is due to the program doing a SetCursor with NULL making the cursor invisible using GDI, then doing a SetCursor with DirectX to set the cursor visible again. Whilst I do not the exact mechanism as to why it causes FPS issues, I'd guess that it's due to some kind of GDI/DirectX synchronization having to occur.

A workaround is to patch byte at 00216FA5 from 00 to 01 In mb_warband.exe (for steam version at least). This causes the SetCursor to fail thereby preventing the aforementioned hitching. In my system my FPS became steady and never once dipped again.

Side effects may include a cursor being visible when it shouldn't be (though I doubt it).

This may be an NVIDIA bug, it might be a Windows GDI bug, but really, ultimately, this is just a poor programming bug. There is no reason I can think of why the cursor must be hidden by GDI just to be shown again by DirectX. Perhaps editor mode? Maybe?
    -----
    EDIT: -- I'd like to point out that after further research the above is actually valid and usual way of handling this according to the Microsoft documentation. Why this causes flickering is unknown, and why ignoring the setCursor fixes it is also unknown.

-----

Anyway, I develop programs for my real life, and I've written an automatic patcher to make the single byte change above (for steam version only), I'll link it below (if it works, not sure if the forum will mangle it).

It's an exe file because that is easiest to distribute. Reminder that you should never download .exe files the internet, but here you go:

You can always restore the Warband files using Steam to re-validate them if you think something is wrong.
    How do I change an exe file? I need a special proggram or somethign?
  3. Resolved Cursor Flickering in menus and world map.

Something that has been working with people that I've recently talked to is to go to this website https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx# and download a relevant version of your graphics card driver that was released before November 2020.

Before installing it, just make sure to uninstall your current display adapter and make sure to tick the box that says "delete the driver software for this device" through Device Manager.
    0358ed979180d9f91a331f21b86170ad.png

After you are done installing your driver that was released before November 2020, restart your PC, and then test out warband for about an hour to see if your fps issue has been resolved.

@Militio, IDK why this method doesn't work for you. I've had like 15 random people ask me to guide them through this process because of the steam discussions, but this method has worked for all of them.

The only people I know that this hasn't been working for are the AMD users that started having similar fps issues around the same time that Nvidia users did, but the AMD issue doesn't seem to be related to the in-game mouse cursor like the Nvidia one is. They've been dropping FPS randomly in the middle of battles, which isn't exactly the same issue that Nvidia users have been having.
    My bet is that it has nothing to do with nvidia, as the problem appears on intel drivers too
  4. Resolved Cursor Flickering in menus and world map.

Hello, everyone I have an announcement to make. So basically what happens with drivers and Windows updates is that some API parameters get outdated, therefore current hardware does not understand these parameters, then people like us get graphical glitches like flickering, missing textures, ghosting etc. In order for this to be fixed Taleworlds need to update the engine... Which means no good. What I mean by that is IF they update the engine (which they won't) ALL the mods will have to be remade from scratch which is lowkey impossible...So by saying all of this I'm saying is i give up. Goodbye Warband it was good while it lasted. RIP
    eh, фuck
  5. Resolved Cursor Flickering in menus and world map.

Got the same problems, but I have an intel iris (R) videocard (monobollock)
Back
Top Bottom