Search results for query: *

1. Disccusion about the current position of Infantry

All infantry should be able to catch all archers, imagine situation where you have only heavy infantry left against a few light archers, if they wouldn't be able to catch them, that would be an auto win for these archs. Heavy archers are already slow enough, the problem is that infantry is too slow to catch them fast enough to not die from a crossfire.
    Maybe throwables should slow down enemies a bit for a couple secs on hit and maybe they should even rear cav on a clean headshot throw to the high speed horse.

I dont think the game should be balanced around single unit vs single unit. If it does come down to that the archers should be low on arrows and it become about ammo efficiency.

That won't really happen now though because archer ammo amount/efficiency is a bit too good. Killing an infantry in full lam plate with mail and gamb with arrows should take a lot of arrows to find armor gaps or bludgeon with repetitive volleys. But like I said before, BL armor doesn't really do much.
  2. Disccusion about the current position of Infantry

movement speed is rly important in a close combat fight

It is, but weapon reach and dmg outweighs it most the time. So by restricting the light archers to the weaker melee weapons that can be accounted for.
  3. Disccusion about the current position of Infantry

@Mikal Manfriedson Thats what I was thinking as far as archer loadouts go. The heavier archers shouldn't be able to escape without support but fair better in a head to head fight and the lighter archers should get sliced up like butter when caught but have mobility that requires either cavalry or a fast inf unit to catch.
  4. Disccusion about the current position of Infantry

The goal of my bringing in realism isn't to say it should interact exactly realistically, but rather that the way its implemented now its so far off the realistic case that armor is never really preferred over speed.

The game should have interesting choices in load out selection and the theme of those choices modeled after some degree of medieval realism. Its not absolute one way or another.
  5. Disccusion about the current position of Infantry

Archers should have to choose between being quick enough to kite and being able to fight in close quarters. Put a movement penalty on carrying both a bow and a 2h and lessen the penalty on just a bow.

Armor still doesn't matter as much as it should. Arrows shouldn't deal damage when it hits plate. If armor were as weak as it is in bannerlord, no one would ever have wore it. You can't actually shoot an arrow through a breastplate... at all. You have to hit gaps in the armor and rain a volume of arrows on heavily armored enemies. Chain and gambeson would stop you from getting pierced (unless they used specific arrow heads) but it would still feel like you got hit with a 90 mph fastball.
Back
Top Bottom