Search results for query: *

1. SP - General Weapon sets

they need to add a siege set as the 3rd alternative. save us time re-equiping
  2. SP - General Governor for hire

they should let you hire anyone in the town and have that all effect the economy imo. but i think they have a lot of tweaking to do with economy either way. right now the NPCs mostly either produce or transport on repeat. so someone in settlement makes all these pitchforks and they don't get bought. same with all the clothes.
  3. What's up with hideouts?

imo the different types of bandit parties should vary more, should be spawned by specific economic events, and then have a named NPC and spawns with the hideout.
  4. Bandit king experience

yeah most of them are too slow
  5. Preventive Medicine perk is broken and nearly acts like a cheat heal.

i find all the easier difficulty does is let you get away with not blocking/ dodging. if you were good at blocking in easy its the same. when you get surrounded or something difficulty is moot
  6. In Progress Graphical bug after 1 or 2 hours ingame

yeah it happens immediately for me and its game ruining. takes twice as long to smith or trade
  7. Preventive Medicine perk is broken and nearly acts like a cheat heal.

i think it's intended. the perks have to have a big impact on the game or there's no reason to get them. self-medication is more OP by the way. has you running at mach 1 when your athletics is like 100
  8. FOOD SUPPLIES - the 2nd reason that should make Quality preferable to Quantity (but that is effectively negligible in-game)

i think they need to introduce milling and processing of food items. an army wouldnt be able to just eat grains, even the most primitive milling process (grinding it with a rock) would require you to stop moving
  9. "i'LL MaKe OnE oF yUo bLeEd" says a group of 5 looters...

just send troops and then its instantaneous.
  10. 1.5.7. What is the gain of the Dragon Banner Quest?

Can you expand on this/give more detail on this?
    he was saying instead of fighting their bar down to 0 you can declare peace via kingdom menu or dialogue. the bar still goes down if they start getting wrecked by the khuzaits
  11. 1.5.7. What is the gain of the Dragon Banner Quest?

there's a bug you can exploit if you keep a 1 clan kingdom with 1 settlement and don't fight wars. when it does the quest where bandits attack caravans in your territory and you have clan parties they continuously attack those parties, and those parties respawn until you kill them personally. this gives your party leaders insane skill gain
  12. Recovering from casualties almost impossible in this game?

Get a doctor, favour troop-training perks and skills, upgrade your garrisons to give xp, and if you are still worried about casualties only enter fights where the numbers favour you 3/2 or so. Then in the fight, make heavy use of shield wall with ranged positioned behind it, cavalry charge when the enemy is in range to break enemy formations and give your ranged longer attack opportunities, which also forces the enemy to be in loose formation when they hit your melee. Then, skein infantry when the bulk of the enemy is close to maximize your damage output surface area while keeping a good defence, and cavalry charge again from the rear to finish the job.

You can walk away from massive field simulations with very, VERY minimal casualities with these tactics. Sieges are a different story, and one I haven't figured out yet...

But uh yeah die less, passive train more, and this problem goes away.
    exactly, if this game had no penalties for weak strategy it would be a boring game
  13. In Progress weird constant crashes

yeah i have it happen after an hour or so. saving before everything helps a bit but every once in a while it crashes right when you win a siege that took like 45 minutes and have to do it again
  14. Information about developments at snowballing problem

kuzaits dont seemed to be penalized enough for bringing 90% cavalry to a siege. they do have footmen so i don't see any reason why they need to give their cavalry high athletics
  15. Recovering from casualties almost impossible in this game?

There are troops where you always want T6 - naming the noble troops branch here. Those are bread and butter for clearing out bandit hideouts for instance.
    I guess you are talking infantry here, mostly because then it is o.k. just to have a shield and ample armor. Having archers higher tier means winning skirmish fights versus other skirmishers because more armor + higher bow stat = win.
    The problem I see her: Gamers regard levelling as something positive - I do the same. I am happy, if my character progresses. I am happy, when my troops get better. Gaining XP and reaching a new level is - psychologically spoken - a reward. Only, that the effect in the game are in no way rewarding. Troops cost more and character development is somewhat hampered with each level gained (see other threads regarding that topic). One could ask whether the daily wage of a soldier (let alone a companion) is too high. Compared with a workshop's wage of 10 gold per day for a whole staff of skilled workers I can see some distortion here. I wonder, whether 1 gold per tier and day would be more reasonable. But then, this thread is about recovery.
    In my opinion, recovery could be helped, if villages were a bit more resillient versus raiding (by being upgradeable with stockades, fortified house, motte/bailey so they must be 'sieged' somewhat or inflict attrition on attacker. Because raided villages remove recruitment options and when they recover we start at recruit again (of which we might lose some while training).
    Secondary, castles should be a place for recruitment of higher tier troops starting at tier 2 (basic infantry) and have training facilities so you could 'harvest' villages for recruits which are trained in the castle to basic soldiers - maybe stop at tier 2 or 3.
    Troops in the dungeon could be 'auto-recruited' by the governor to garrison. Recruiting prisoners seems to be slower with the newest patch but I guess being able to do that additionally to your main party could be a bit of a boon itself.
    i bring low end troops to hideouts so they get exp. havent seen an instance where you need t6 except if you want to start your own kingdom without defecting and need to do a siege in a situation where you can't form an army. in that case you want T6 archers and infantry because you need to peg their archers off the wall fast and climb ladders
  16. Recovering from casualties almost impossible in this game?

Hi everyone,
    I am not sure if this has been discussed before. So far I have been really enjoying the game, I honestly think it's one of my favorite games.
    Nevertheless, I want to bring up this issue that has been bothering me for some time, and it's actually something that by all means ruins the fun in the game for me.

The issue is, it's almost impossible for the player (not the AI though), to recover after suffering a substantial number of casualties.
    Why?
    Because unlike other games where your troops are recruited and managed in stacks or blocks, and when a block suffers casualties, as long as it wasn't completely wiped out it will slowly recover and regain its numbers, in Bannerlord every unit is individual and so when that unit dies its gone for good.

So what's the issue? Please bear with me for a few minutes.

The issue is that after a painful bloody siege or a 1000vs1000 bloodbath (without teleporting your archers via tab+retreat which I don't even know why is allowed, or save scumming or a combination of both), you are inevitably going to suffer a staggering number of casualties and many of your tier 5 or 6 troops you worked so hard and for HOURS to train from filthy farmers into knights in shiny armor, are going to die and be gone for good.
    And here is actually where the problem is, after playing so many playthroughs I realized you just can't recover from this, because when you go back with your bleeding army to your cities and towns you are going to find for the most part pathetic tier 1 farmers that you have to train again all the way up to tier 5 or 6, and you are effectively starting again from scratch like in the first hour of your playthrough.

So unless I am missing something, why is there not a reliable system that allows you to upgrade your city barracks or something so it will only spawn say tier 3 or 4 troops and above?
    I know there is the option of putting troops in your garrison and they will gain XP but I tested it and it takes too long.
    So long that you wont be able to keep up with the constant waves of AI controlled armies filled with top tier cataphracts, top tier infantry, endless hordes of horse archers and what not, that just keep coming back.

Why do you have to go back and find miserable tier 1 farmers in your cities while the AI on the other hand magically comes back with high tier troops as if nothing had happened?
    I wont even discuss a completely separate issue of lords escaping from your dungeons or being ransomed ridiculously fast that your only option is to execute them if you don't want to deal with what I have just mentioned...

So after playing for many hours in different playthroughs, the way I see it, you have a few options to deal with the lack of a reliable system that lets you recruit high tier troops, and none of them are really what I would consider a solution to this problem.

1) Cheese the HELL out of the game.
    Recruit 100+ archers, train them to be Fian champions or Vlandian sharpshooters or whatever, massacre the enemy troops and when they get too close with their 800+ troops, hold tab and click retreat and rinse and repeat.
    Still took too many casualties to your liking? reload the save and try again!

2) Suffer the casualties and try and fill the gaps with prisoners you just freed and recruited.

3) Base your party on bandits that have decent gear to begin with, decent stats and most importantly, always available almost anywhere on the map AND 100% free.
    (and you can later upgrade them to elite troops after you reach level 150 in leadership)

So
    option 1) completely breaks the game and I don't see why someone would want to continue playing the game like this (not even sure why the game lets you do it in the first place, teleportation that is)

option 2) doesn't always work, you are not always going to free prisoners that you can recruit, and even if you are successful in this, your army is going to end up as a nasty mixture of troops from all kinds of cultures, and that's not something everyone would want. If I chose to play Vlandians, its because in that playthrough I want to have my archers as Vlandian crossbowmen, my heavy cavalry Champions and Vanguards. If I play Sturgia I want to have nice Viking-like/Rus Axemen with large shields etc etc.. I dont want after a few hours into the game forget what culture I am playing, its understood.

option 3) is the only way I have been able to survive on realistic difficulty and deal with all the issues I have mentioned.
    This is exactly how I have played my recent playthroughs. When I played Khuzait, I only recuirted steppe raiders and upgraded them to Khan's guards.
    When I wanted to form a Viking like kingdom I solely relied on Sea raiders for infantry and some forest bandits as archers etc etc...

Please let me know what you think about this topic
    i'm guessing your don't have a surgeon or engineer and you don't use the "send troops" option against looters. you don't need to level your troops to t6. by t3 they're equipped with the strategic gear you need and t6 is just a bonus
  17. Resolved Companions and nobles die extremely too often, ruining the game

They should only be able to die if they lose the battle.
    they need to have realistic standards apply instead of arbitrary ones, for example these female lords who ride around without a helmet should die from headshots, but they also should always opt to "send troops" in any battle they're involved in. then they need some type of "capture" feature in battle based on tactics. like F9 or something orders your troops to capture and if the enemies morale is low enough they'll surrender
  18. Armor still missing?

im gonna try selling thamaskene steel to a town with a smithy and see if it turns into top armor
  19. Resolved Companions and nobles die extremely too often, ruining the game

i might be wrong but i think piercing damage is the most lethal. ALL militia does this and for some reason AI lords love to be first up the ladder etc. that's why it seems like a couple of them die every siege. this can be fixed by either increasing bow damage or having lords react properly to getting shot at. the issue right now is that because it takes 2-3 body shots to pick an archer off the wall they're gauranteed a couple hits. then your lords face spears at the top of the walls after they've been shot twice. some of the lords who do this have no combat traits and no helmet
Back
Top Bottom