Search results for query: *

1. Multicultural armies are boring and make no sense

Actually I base my opinions in a mastery degree in medieval history LOL. I know this have not to be mentioned here, but I could not hold myself this time. LOL

And in the example you give the game already uses it in the form of the mounted archer of the empire. They were first employed by the bizantines as auxiliaries and overtime have been incorporated to the army, then began to use proper armor in Bizantine style and have it's battle tactics incorporated to the army doctrines. This do happen all the time, less so in medieval history. As we know most people in game should not even to be able to speak the same language.

It's even said that the xiites wanted to help the christians to take Jerusalem from the Sunis, and it just don't happened for lack of capacity to communicate in a common language.

The fact that you believe any of this is evidence that either your degree is worthless or you are lying. You do realize that just calling something a legionary doesn't make it automatically the same? The moment the military was standardized it started drifting and changing. At best a standardized Roman Imperial military existed for maybe a century and even then what Trajan was using would have been unrecognizable to Augustus.

I advise you let go of all your rigid views on things and stop thinking about history as a map painting strategy game.

Explain to me what a border even is in an era before instant communication and nation states?
  2. Multicultural armies are boring and make no sense

I know a lot of people here defend this as is and then complain that the armies lack "flavour". Truth is that vlandians recruiting battanians from former Battanian villages make ZERO sense. There is no precedent in history and makes zero sense. Breaks immersion and turns all armies in the same. There are already "auxiliaries" in the game and even in history auxiliaries didn't join their main armies in the same formation. Does anyone here really believe that the rebel Aliance recruits Storm Troopers from every single former imperial planet they conquer? In the same manner the romans used auxiliaries, but the recruits from conquered regions become LEGIONNAIRES, not what they were before. Source for different troops must be only via prisoners, or recruiting in their villages. Makes me really frustrated to notice that my supposed vlandian army have become a mess of different cultures that make ZERO sense to be forming a shield wall together.

If player recruit from villages only own culture the different culture members would be special. Right now (and in warband) it's a mess. Any recruit that a vlandian army recruit in a Sturgian Village must have Sturgian ethnicity but use the Vlandian troop tree.

From the features not intended to change this recruitment system never made any sense and really breaks the immersion when we look the mess that have become my battle line.

I created a profile just to reply to you and tell you that you have 0 understanding of how literally anything worked historically. The Roman army literally stopped having what you might call Legionnaires as the borders settled outside of the imperial core. The moment they started recruiting outside Italy the makeup of their armies started changing immediately. To the point that literally the western empire fell apart because they had completely outsourced the military to non-Roman tribes like the Franks to manage military affairs in different parts of the empire until those lords looked around and realized that there was no army around to keep them in line anymore because they were the Roman army.

Star Wars isn't real and shouldn't impact your thoughts on how anything in reality works.

It only breaks your immersion because you insist on pushing your brain dead understanding of history onto a pseudo-historical action RPG.

Read a book
Back
Top Bottom