Search results for query: *

1. Strange Ebony Sabre

Sarin said:
    Definitely not make it 1H/2H. Due to penalties that 1H/2H get when used one handed, it will either kill it, or put its 2H performance to level of rune weapons.

BTW, iif Barclay is hispaic inspired, they should get jinetes as a unit-elite skirmisher/medium cavalry, using throwing javelins, shield and spear or sword, packing something on level of Noldor Grey or D'Shar Armoured Hunter, highlander armour and high end weapons.

No enemy uses it 2-handed
  2. Strange Ebony Sabre

Latis the Darkgryphon said:
    Tbh living in a country mother to the Japanese culture.

It is not weird to hold a Katana with only one hand, it is also kinda of glory to show the warrior’s amazing power, some berserkers even use 2 kanakas at the same time.

What silly is do 0 damage with trust animation and get killed by a iron axe back......

@Govrex

I think you know the tang’s saber in light&darkness  :grin: swing fast and deadly like a ****, also with “deadly”(blunt damage lol)trust too.

Of course they could only be used one-handed, especially accompanied by a tanto (not a wakizashi), but not in the way they're used in this game with nothing in the off hand and certainly not with a shield.

Jug of Issek said:
    Thanks for the battle loot drop tips. I can take on parties alone. Maybe I can score something special that way ; it is still a lucky dip.

Meanwhile, does anyone else share my enthusiasm for the aforementioned " battlefield pickups " and " wife can join your party " game - play enhancements ?  Could it be a simple matter of a quick patch ( for 3.9.2 , please ? ), Devs willing ?

I like this idea, as it allows me to keep her away from stable and pool boys, but only if she starts at level 1.
  3. Nal Tar / Torbah tournaments are hardcore

It needs some luck in the first three tiers to be part of a good team. From then on, just circle around till your opponents expend all their projectiles. From then on, it's easy. Tedious, but doable.

Ishkoman's tournaments are a little difficult too, even if melee weapons are also allowed, since its arena is the smallest in Pendor, giving you small room for maneuvering.

Singal, on the other hand is perfectly ok; melee weapons allowed plus the biggest arena in the game. I consider its tournaments the third easiest in the game, after Sarleon and Marleons tournaments. Though only the Sarleon ones are autowins.

For me, Valonbray and Javiksholm are the toughest.
  4. Strange Ebony Sabre

Speaking of the saber, it really should be 1h/2h. It's a glorified katana, after all.

As for looting it, I got two in my current run. One from d'shar outlaws I think (rusty, if memory serves) and the other from a heretic coven (normal condition -yay).
  5. Best 1-Handed Weapon [In yall's opinion]

Armchair Cosmere Fanatic said:
    Also, tested this for a couple weeks now - Dragonspine Axes on siege troops is KILLER.

I was torn between this and the KWA for close quarters combat, but the latter's unreal speed gave it the edge.
  6. Best 1-Handed Weapon [In yall's opinion]

It's extremely slow when used one-handed. I replaced it with the Knight's War Axe for close quarters combat and never looked back.
  7. PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

Madman666 said:
    Serazu said:
    As always, your nobility is worthy of praise.

But of course, my good sir! Because who we are without... nobility?) Imagine Pendor's main hero without his heroic role and agenda. Kinda looks like... coldblooded, opportunicstic mercenary? Killing for fun, loot, money and prestige, overthrowing kings, bending factions to his will.

Are there such... creatures?

Heresy!
  8. PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

As always, your nobility is worthy of praise.
  9. PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

No, you got it right. I'm referring to those random spawns with the Fallen Melitine Nobles. Good soldiers and excellent loot to be found there. If only each spawn had triple the number. Pretty enjoyable those small skirmishes.

And I agree with you, the way they work now, they operate more like small bands of glorified bandits than the instruments of the mod's archenemy.
  10. PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

MitchyMatt said:
    Invading armies are a concept that will never be added.

There is no faction in the world of Pendor and beyond that can contribute an invasion force of leveling the entire island. Pending the player however but that's different.

It's not the answer yous are looking for and it will really not add to the game other than prolonging it further or straight up being annoying. If you want invading armies,  Perisno offers that.

It has no place in PoP, which there are plenty of end game stuff to do, if players even reach that point.

Can't you at least then double or triple the potency of the Azi Dahaka spawn? I always enjoy those skirmishes.

Or would that make them too slow and easy prey to lords? If yes, you could up their pathfinding, I guess.
  11. PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

I can understand that, but if you could do anything at your leisure, where is the sense of pressure?

Besides, I'm not talking about sth unbearable here. 2 years for instance to conquer the map from the time you declared your kingdom, is time enough.
  12. PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

I'd personally like it if it was like a clock ticking, i.e.once you've established your kingdom, you learn of an impending doom in a year or two from then. Probaby two. Or maybe more. The more the clock ticks, the more you're plagued with nightmares of the coming darkness and you desperately try to unify and strengthen Pendor for the inevitable impact. And, one day, it starts. The final showdown. A massive invasion.
  13. PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

Madman666 said:
    Serazu said:
    They could have made it even more personal, like kidnapping the queen and preparing her for sacrifice and the king trying to stop them - provided he cared for his wife, of course :wink:

That would've been a nice lore friendly touch indeed. A sickly sweet heroic end of an epic tale. That would've probably motivated even a cynical money-hungry merc like me to reach the end, but alas. Oh, well.

You?

As long as you had the dowry secured, you wouldn't give a rat's ass for her  :grin:

Anyway, this could have been a nice side-quest during play, as well. An epic tale of love and, well, sacrifice would have been more appropriate, of course.
  14. PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

Ralyks said:
    Madman666 said:
    And something of an endgame thing Ralyks mentioned would be nice as well. I remember there was a discussion in suggestions thread about invasion type endgame event, sadly it wasn't approved...

Indeed, there was a thread called: "Idea of how to make the end game more challenging/fun" in where there were posted some interesting ideas, some were cool and lore-wise fine, but I understand they were not that easy scenarios to make from scratch. Link to the thread & my suggestions, but there were other good ones if you want to have a read: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,365229.msg8749010.html#msg8749010

However, then came the idea of an invasion, coming from the Snake Cult that disembark in Cez (suggested by Saxon), this could've maybe be a thing as this feature is seen in ACOK, mod which PoP have been sharing stuff with publicly), but dismissed again as it would need plenty of testing and time was running low, and it would be the first time this feature would be seen in PoP.

Well, lastly the idea of the mega-spawn showed up, being like a "mega-boss", which a big number of elite troops that will have to fight the strongest army of the player and his kingdom (or only the player, similar to the Quigfen's Jatu party, that only the player can interact with that army), which was way simpler to add and do, but again, dismissed. Its a shame, but no big deal, as you can end PoP sooner (as there's no big reason to repeat one siege after another for no rewards/challenges) to avoid throwing yourself through the closest window :smile:

They could have made it even more personal, like kidnapping the queen and preparing her for sacrifice and the king trying to stop them - provided he cared for his wife, of course :wink:
  15. PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

Evvv said:
    Serazu said:
    Well, like I've already expressed plenty of times before, PoP is supposed to be hard and what better way to demonstrate it by taking away options from the player?

Please never go into game design, Jesus Christ...

Well, since you invoked His name, I won't. I prefer to be in His good graces...
  16. PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

Madman666 said:
    Serazu said:
    You, sir, are a gentleman. As always.

A bit sly on the side and quite a bit greedy, but I try to be) Likewise, sir.

Greediness is the trait of a good soldier of fortune.
  17. PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

Madman666 said:
    Serazu said:
    I never said that konrad's choice was the right one, yours the wrong one or the opposite. Just that I'm for his decision because it's closer to how I personally view this game. Each to his own.

And thats why I respect you. You don't throw accusations and labels around, you have a clear opinion, you voice it and you don't try to force it on others. Same here - i have mine, i hold onto it and won't say its the only truth.

The thing i really don't like is that now even publishing tweaks is unwanted.

You, sir, are a gentleman. As always.
  18. PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

Ralyks said:
    Serazu said:
    Hell, if it was up to me, I'd even forbid a lord from joining the pc's kingdom if relations with the pc are less than 50. In my last playthrough especially it got pretty ridiculous. I had an endless supply of lords begging to join me.

I feel you there... I suffered this as well, that was one more reason why I see it pointless continuing after you have settled and made your kingdom be in a solid spot... I just didnt bothered talking to them because if so they joined me, and kicking them off after lowers relation with all lords within the kingdom (and lowers honor? cant remember this and cant test it as im on phone)... so pointless. There was like a perma feast in my capital.

But you wont suffer this if you quit once you made it to there, that getting up there is the real challenge. The rest is nonsense unless you're gonna aim for the Elacrai siege, which I personally dont suggest as it takes too much time just to get settled for that last random battle, that offers no reward. Damn, I wish there was some "final boss" (a mega-spawn) that triggered when there's only 1 kingdom left and that will make you say "I did beat X guy! Hell yea!" that will stand for winning PoP. This mega spawn has to have some sense, it cant just be fighting 800 rebel Noldor Twilight Knights or something alike (like Elacrai lol)

I agree, even though the matter of the final boss is, unfortunately, not very relevant unless the invasion is massive and Pendor is invaded from everywhere by Dread Legion potency armies.

To give you an example, before I called it quitters in my last playthrough because every semblance of challenge was gone, I could command a force of more than 500 troops. Amongst those I could muster were more than 200 Blackhearts, more than 100 Doomguides and more than 80 (!) Battle Riders. I had around 250 Temptresses and, of course, given a week's time, as may Griffons as I wanted. And my CKO, of course. Now, let's say I gathered the Blackhearts, the Doomguides, the Battle Riders and the almost 100 rest being Griffons. Who would stand against me? Aeldarian? Ithilrandir? Maltise? Obrist? Who? It would have been a walk in the park. Sadly, as difficult as it is at the beginning, it gets ridiculously easy once you've established your kingdom.

Though I cannot fault the mod, of course. It's endemic in the game.
  19. PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

Madman666 said:
    Serazu said:
    That cannot happen because this way you won't have the opportunity to support a weakened kingdom and it might even lead to some ridiculous situations where you won't be able to support the very kingdom that hired you! It's wholly different with minor factions.

Yep, that was a bad example. Limitations that will invalidate some core elements of the game won't be implemented. But the issue of player's freedom of choice shrinking is still there.

I never said that konrad's choice was the right one, yours the wrong one or the opposite. Just that I'm for his decision because it's closer to how I personally view this game. Each to his own.
  20. PoP Official 3.9 Changelog [OLD]

Madman666 said:
    Serazu said:
    The problem with this tactic madman is that whoever you opt to support will probably win the battle, because, if the armies are roughly equal, the AI benefits from the pc's presence on the battlefield enough to win.

So does every other battle PC interferes in. So what? Ban the ability to interfere into anything you didn't start. If I want to challenge myself I'll interfere on a weaker side and try to turn the tides. And If I want just to have fun after hard day's work - I'll be an opportunistic vulture and back the side that already has the advantage to have fun and earn some exp. I like to have that option. And I don't like that in 3.9 I won't have that option.

That cannot happen because this way you won't have the opportunity to support a weakened kingdom and it might even lead to some ridiculous situations where you won't be able to support the very kingdom that hired you! It's wholly different with minor factions.
Back
Top Bottom