Search results for query: *

1. Statement Regarding Plans For MP

that's hardly what i interpreted when he says that, he means the balancing is off in the combat system, such as stances and block delays etc

The language nerd in me is triggered... but it's probably not worth arguing :smile: Honestly I agree that balancing is off and that there's a lot of room for improvement.
  2. Statement Regarding Plans For MP

Warriors of Calradia,

We would like to share with you some of the improvements that we are currently working on for Multiplayer.

First and foremost on our list of improvements is stability. We are working very hard to ensure that you have a smooth experience that is free of technical difficulties and server crashes. We have addressed many issues in recent patches and will continue to do so until stability reaches a point that we are satisfied with.

Next up, we want to inform you that the anti-cheat integration will go live soon and be implemented on all servers.

On top of these technical improvements, we are also planning social improvements to address in-game trolling and similar problems. The new Player Reporting System is close to completion, which will allow players to report team killers and other kinds of behaviours that disturb the game. We will also be keeping a detailed game and chat logs.

Our Analytics System is up and running and we are closely monitoring all facets of all game modes. We are planning to periodically release Balance Patches to adjust the gameplay to make sure that the game is balanced and enjoyable.

We also have many new features currently in the development pipeline, such as the ability to find and add Recently Played Players as friends, forming Clans in-game, Ranked Matchmaking, new maps and more.

Our team is working very hard to ensure that we can deliver the quality that you deserve and we are looking forward to releasing all of these features and many more as soon as possible.

Stay tuned!

THANK YOU for your post and acknowledging the stability issues. I asked and was hoping for some recognition of the server crashes and stability issues in a post. While I wouldn't imagine this the post was in response to my request (I'm not that self-centered), my confidence in devs has increased quite a bit - to their receptivity to community feedback or at least their commitment to addressing issues that are driving players nuts Much love.

Implying that stability is some sort of major issue right now, it absolutely isn't, MP has been relatively stable ever since launch. There are a lot more major issues that need addressing, namely the complete lack of multiplayer content, non existent community servers, deplorable combat system and terrible balancing.

I'm afraid that by the point you become "satisfied" with multiplayer stability it will be completely dead in the first place, set your priorities straight.

You clearly don't play siege mode.... Siege server crashes/disconnects are the rule rather than the exception. I don't disagree that more multiplayer content is needed, but at this stage of development and because so much of the content/focus of the game is single player (which is a lot more complex than MP), it makes sense they are focused on single player stuff and that MP content is not currently a major focus. Also, much of the awesome multiplayer content in MB1 came from community mods, something that i think will happen again.

lol @ "deplorable combat system" - but the combat system it's basically the same as it was with the original warband and I don't think it's likely to change. Compared to virtually any melee combat game - I think the system is pretty complex/good. I don't think i've ever played a game with directional blocking. But maybe my taste in combat systems is also deplorable :razz:
  3. MP visuals/UI/audio to provide real-time data/stimuli/feedback to player while attacking

Whoops I had this posted in the wrong thread... here we go I love games like this with physics based melee combat, but there's something I always wish could be done better. It's related to, imo, one issue/challenge that is inherent to any non-VR 3d games... (but an issue which becomes even more...
  4. [Skirmish Mode] Crash on Connection to Servers

Same issue, but was with me and another guy. Most of the time the map loads, the timer shows 00:00 warm-up round, but no other players, and then i get a disconnect. I also got a fun new issue where I tried to cancel a search... it wouldn't, then I tried to exit/re-login and it said "couldn't destroy previous session" or something close to that wording. I couldn't log in for a few minutes because of this. No offense... but fix ur ****
  5. MP dying real fast

They just need a simple line of code. Top 30% cannot play the bottom 30% on a Pre season 1 ladder system.

Complete newbs get constantly wreked by our trains of voiced up 6mans over and over lulz.
    Its over so fast they wont see much. Never mind learn or enjoy anything.

Games have done just fine without SBMM for decades... and I don't know about you, but if someone kicks my ass it actually makes me want to get better - not quit.

The bigger issue killing the multiplayer is server problems and lack of content/game diversity. I can forgive the lack of content/diversity since it's early access... but no one is gonna tolerate never ending connection issues
  6. "server crash" frequently in Siege (north america)

Siege mode disconnects and server crashes happen so frequently that 1. I'm genuinely surprised it hasn't been fixed yet/prioritized 2. I'm surprised people are continuing to cue for siege mode (NA servers). I'm not one to post on forums, but the problem is so bad that I'm afraid multiplayer...
Back
Top Bottom