Search results for query: *

1. ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal

A question for the TW Staff

Your account is roughly 4 months old and you spent almost an entire week IRL time on here.
    Not an achievement considering how the xp system works and most of them being yes / no to questions.

But thanks.
  2. ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal

As in those features are either in Bannerlord elsewhere or not required... there are no warband mechanics tied to camping that actually required that function.

Everyone else understood that concept... I literally spoke about book reading one sentence above...

Now stop derailing.
    You heal faster, read books, and it doesn't cost like towns do. Although if you've wanted a fast paced action rpg then you might not have even realized these.
  3. ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal

Camping is basically just waiting. There was nothing tied to it.
    > "1.5k hours of SP" lmfao
  4. ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal

Is This Game Fun?

I'm tempted to buy the game, but is it any fun?
    No.

Is it worth the $50USD price tag for early access?
    **** no.

P.S. Buy Warband
  5. ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal

I get that you don't just snap code into existence...but what about scenes/models, story elements and other more code independent parts?

A fair argument would be that those things take time. (8yearsxd)

Though I don't understand why they don't just make community competitions for writing, art and scene-making. This series has (or.. "had") one of the most committed and passionate communities so I don't get why they wouldn't cooperate with us more directly. A chance to directly contribute to the game's development would bring back a good number of people to play / participate as well.
  6. ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal

Scrap the "main story"

@ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal : What's that mod on Attila? I really love Total War games, and have been playing while waiting more advance on Bannerlord.
    Medieval Kingdoms 1212 AD, undoubtedly one of the best Total War mods out there, and closest you'll get to Medieval 3.
  7. ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal

Scrap the "main story"

Meanwhile here I am on TW Attila, cleaning up uncooperative Holy Roman vassals and Aragon, all while trying to recover from the black death and secure newly conquered territories:
    0334251E063BEBE098D1BC577E415A00703C221A
    8AF519B3B89EDE6D18D8695833417DF98513DAA0

I've been running this campaign for over a hundred years in-game and I'm still not anywhere close to being bored. This game, without any story or dialogue whatsoever except ones you make up in your own mind has me immersed more than I could ever Bannerlord doing in the current path it seems to be taking. Some side missions and companion stories can initially be good, but imagine progressing a campaign for centuries and you're still doing the exact same missions. It'll get boring, whereas a dynamic world such as that of 1212AD's, though imperfect in many aspects sure, won't get boring as quickly, you can always come up with better stories and lore and that keeps you going. Especially if you like worldbuilding / writing or just fantasizing, this can be a powerful incentive in fictional settings.

I could make a whole another thread comparing / making suggestions while taking inspiration from 1212 AD, but for now this part was relevant.
  8. ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal

Complete lack of Immersion

Here's real immersion, which Bannerlord has no intention of trying to accomplish from what I can see.

Fire arrows?
  9. ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal

What mods does everyone use?

BL Quicker Uninstall v0.000alpha is a must
  10. ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal

Scrap the "main story"

None of that is an issue in my eyes.
    A linear, utterly nonsensical and boring main story doesn't bother you? IN A SANDBOX RPG?

Developers wasting time on said main story doesn't bother you? WHILE IT'S EARLY ACCESS AND I ALONE COULD COUNT A HUNDREDS OF IMPROVEMENTS AND CHANGES PEOPLE WOULD'VE PREFERRED INSTEAD?
  11. ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal

City Sieges End At The Gates

EA is your answer
    Becoming ever harder to determine whether these are sarcastic or not
  12. ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal

Scrap the "main story"

I have a question. Replace it with a Warband-like side-mission-sort of tutorial?

You do know that many of us have never played Warband? So have no clue what the OP is talking about when they say this as an option.
    Freakin normies

In a nutshell: As a foreigner in Calradia you had the option to help a local merchant fight some bandits, which gave you the opportunity to learn recruitment, minor field battles, town / hideout engagements, taking prisoners etc.

Although it made sense narratively that you as a foreigner would be working for a local merchant at least initially, you could simply decide not to help him, and so he would stay in the tavern forever, waiting for you.

Of course this made sense. Problem with BL's storyline is that by making the main "quest" so personal and fundamental to our character, it doesn't make sense that we simply decide not to help our enslaved siblings, not to avenge our parents by chasing down a bandit, not to follow our destiny as either the saviour or Destroyer of the Calradian Empire, not to save the world from dragons or whatever the **** that mantic destiny is the game forces onto us.
  13. ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal

SP - General Tiered Nobility and Feudal System

Good suggestions but..
    I highly doubt the devs would take notice or even implement any of them
  14. ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal

Scrap the "main story"

Fallout 4 anyone?
    Haven't heard anyone praise Fallout 4 for it's story.

Nor does Fallout 4 claim to be a "post-apocalypse simulator".
  15. ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal

Scrap the "main story"

You just want to rescue your family and you end up being the chosen one, they should have made a story that makes you have a feud with someone powerfull or something, not conquer the damn world.

I think there's definetly place for a story but it shouldn't make you conquer anything.
    Again it forces you to a certain background, family and story; and that restricts your creativity and control over your character.

Warband's was better but still I would like an option to customize my own family, write my own story and select my skills accordingly.
  16. ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal

Scrap the "main story"

Exactly. It's good to have a story line but it should be dynamic and tend to evolve at the pace that the character is evolving, not bolted to a rail.
    By this I'm not saying " remove the main story", but rather hide it and let the plot be discovered if the character ever gets to it. The idea is to give the player a great open world populated with opportunities for interesting interactions (random and dynamic through a structured lore). The player should not be limited to a linear plot like a rail, but can interact with the world in any order he/she chooses and when he/she decides.

The Viking Conquest main story (from which Bannerlord clearly draws its inspiration) is correct for the type of historical narrative the title plays with. For Bannerlord, however, I would like our beginning to be the classic M&B.
    Quality side quests and immersive world, then?

If you choose "noble family" then you " jump in the mission" but if you choose " vagabond" you will have to look for other ways of interaction to create a clan.
    What do you mean by this?

Also, I understand that there are new users who have joined the franchise; however, to force a tutorial/training camp at the beginning of the campaign is to force the wagon to go through a certain rail. In my opinion, the tutorial as such should exist outside of the campaign, as an optional "tutorial" shortcut under the "campaign" shortcut. That said, I do favor the "training camp" as a location on the campaign map seen as it was in Warband (practice-skill gain).
    Precisely.
  17. ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal

Scrap the "main story"

At first I didn't mind having a tutorial in the form of a linear storyline however it seems to me they're wasting more time on it instead of working more on what are actually important features and aspects of a M&B game. And at TW's rate of development, something as needless as this shouldn't...
  18. ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal

Had i known development was going to be this slow for the single-player experience, i wouldn't have bought Bannerlord.

What a load of bull crap, TW has always been fair in its pricing. Even for bannerlord they gave us 20% off...
    Haha. Ha.
  19. ZydrateTheSmoothCriminal

Something is rotten in Calradia

This is going in the direction of another 10 dollars game
    The price is a whole another tragedy; Not only are they not ashamed of putting up an ever so inferior version of nearly a decade-old prequel, but they also charge 50 for it? Really hard to sympathize with TW given the price, not to mention the countless nonsensical and plain retarded development decisions and denial to admit and address issues when that's literally been their slogan for the early access period.
Back
Top Bottom