Search results for query: *

1. Palatine Guard

You can shoot a long bow mabye 7 times in a minute before you're upperbody is exhausted. Add to that the hindering affect of armour and you're asking for heatstroke.

I go for a 2km run every morning with 5 degree weather, my body is boiling and i have to strip down to cool of..
    Imagine having inches of thick metal and leather on you while you are trying to run, shoot. FORGET IT.
    You need to be light, not only for speed but survivabilty.
    Having armour only makes sense if you are intending on entering the frontlines.

A tank has Armour
    An Artillery gun doesn't.
  2. Current state of game enforces unfun gameplay.

Crossbows could pierce plate there are multiple reports of knights getting shot by peasants.
    just because a video shows something doesn't make it fact.

He was using a weak ass crossbow, a heavy crossbow requires the strength of your whole body to load it.
    almost like doing a 100kg deadlift, if you are bending your arms you will not load it, your arms must be straight, to
    transmit. energy from the legs and core to the hands.

the crossbow was the AK47 of the era, a weapon of freedom fighters that took little care and little skill to learn.
    Some crossbows were made from goats bladders and not twine. which gave the crossbow 3 times the power.

The Genoese crossbowmen of the Crusades era would decimate armored knights, Anytime their banner was seen, the enemy would revise their battle plans. They where the "ACE" up your sleeve and you only revealed them at the last moment to throw your opponent into a panic.
  3. Current state of game enforces unfun gameplay.

Crossbows could pierce plate there are multiple reports of knights getting shot by peasants.
    just because a video shows something doesn't make it fact.
    the crossbow was the AK47 of the era, a weapon of freedom fighters that took little care and little skill to learn
  4. MP Shields are op and there aren't enough skills to open up an opponent

A 1H sword takes 3-5 hits to kill an armored guy. Shield users are a balance of defense and offence.
    a 2h weapon can kill on the first hit, trading defense for full offence.

Shield use isn't all positive, let me balance all the blatant 2-handed spammer nonsense a little.

A shield slows down your persons run speed and weapon speed.
    A shield blocks much of your vision in First person, some shields make you blind.
    shields prevent you from using more powerful (op) 2 -handed weapons.
  5. Palatine Guard

They have far too much Armour. Archers need to be quick and light. They should be a long-bow long range bowmen not a frontline capable troop
  6. Sharpshooter

The worst thing with the crossbow is the auto-reload, I often have to cancel it for safety.
    Make reloading manually triggered please.
  7. Sharpshooter

The Sharpshooter should have other 1-handed weapon options, I find a sword to be ineffective against armored opponents, would love a nice mace.
  8. Sharpshooter

I've shot the back of a head, with a helmet on for 80dmg.

Equipping the Pavise shield doesn't make you equal to a Sargent at all, the pavise makes you extremely slow in combat. It is far more beneficial to choose extra ammo and pick up a shield on the field.

The Imperial elite archer has much much better Armour then the sharpshooter.
  9. Current state of game enforces unfun gameplay.

As someone wrote, the problem with archers is that their damage pierces through armour. Chainmail was already hard enough to penetrate at all and required specialized arrowheads or a longbow to do so at all. A person outfitted in proper plate armour would basically be impervious to arrows. What would have been the point historically to outfit yourself in ridiculously expensive steel if any Joe with strong arms could just gun you down with their hunting bow?

So right now, the game versus reality:
    Vlandian sergeant gets shot in the head by an Aserai archer:
    - Game: the arrow does 70 damage and the Vlandian sergeant is almost dead.
    - Reality: the arrow bounces off the Vlandian Sergeant's helmet and he is practically unharmed.

This is why almost every knight carried a blunt weapon. The armour was almost indestructible, so they had to resort to beating the person up through his armour.

Accuracy and speed are not the problems, and bows can honestly be both more accurate and faster to reload. Note that in the historical period Bannerlord tries to emulate, crossbows were actually significantly less powerful than the bows used in that period. The argument thus applies to crossbows as well.

tl;dr arrows should not be Armour piercing, and damage reduction from Armour to arrows should be increased dramatically.

Reality:
    Xbows could penetrate plate/mail, helmets and even shields.
    Turkish crossbows were 3 times more powerful then western ones due to the use of goats bladders instead of twine.
    Archers were very well trained, for years, they could shoot you in the eye at 100m and they did aim for legs all the time.

In game:
    Archers have limited arrows, you can run out very quickly and stop being an archer fast. (very difficult to reload in battle)
    Archers have to deal with OTHER archers
    Archers are usually priorities over other enemies.
    Archers get tunnel vision and often get taken by surprise.
    Shields make archers weep, and so does missing and being blocked by "allies"

2-handed users are taking a risk, they are giving up defense to have more offence.
    when you give up defense you often pay the price.

In every form of combat in the world, The optimal fighting method is to be able to defend and attack.
    Hence whey shields and swords/spears where the most effective combo in the world and still is today.

Imagine saying, "no i don't need to use cover to protect myself " , "I'll just get a big ****ing gun and charge"

You pay the price for using a 2 handed weapon, pay the price and stop wining or get a sheild.
  10. Spears are weak.

Please go find a video on any weapon piercing mail armor and post it here. Otherwise you're completely wrong, a swing has much more momentum than a thrust and against an armored opponent should inflict much more blunt damage than simply poking a wall with a stick.

Edit: Consider if a staff is going to do blunt damage no matter what, would you rather swing it or thrust it? There might be cases where thrusting is harder to block (blocking is ****ed right now). Otherwise swings will always do more blunt damage.

The main disadvantage I have for spears is they are blocked simply by right clicking even if it's very clear the spear is going over or under the shield.

Thrusts are more deadly since the weapon will be more likely to travel deeper into the persons body hitting vital parts, swings are more likely to do grazing damage.

Chain mail was designed to stop cuts not punctures, because many soldiers died after the fighting from all the small cuts and grazes due to infection.
  11. Spears are weak.

Horseman's lances were designed to be disposable by snapping on impact, because if you held onto the lance while piercing a body, a shield or even the ground you would get knocked back by the sudden difference in speed between you and your horse.

A phalanx spear was over 3 meters long, this works really well in tight formations but not in loose skirmirsh.

Spears need to be quicker in thrusting, almost as fast as a boxers jab.

Spears are weak because other weapons don't suffer a proximity penalty.
    I have been hit by the wooden handle of an axe )not the head) for 120 damage. 1 shot kill.
    If swung weapons also had a proximity penalty spears would be better in combat.
  12. Bannerlord battle music playlist!

Interesting, but not the right theme for the game.
  13. Bannerlord battle music playlist!

I did a search and found a bannerlord music playlist An inspiring i battle/combat playlist that's based of ancient forms of instrumental and vocal music such as viking, Arabian, mongol, Celtic and ect. https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQm5rbC6E3e1YsvfG-pN9DOOyF_k55hm0
  14. Horsemen galloping into walls and teamates

Horsemen's horses need to die from high speed collisions, such as 60kph straight into a wall.
  15. MP Modified Combat Parameters

I've also noticed, It's faster to run around someone then it is do spin on the spot. Which makes no sense.
    Spinning on the spot will always be faster then running around.

When you swing a two handed weapon, you shouldn't be able to run, you should be forced in walk mode for a period of time.
  16. MP Modified Combat Parameters

Tweaking the character bubbles would have a lot of unwanted consequences, I think they're fine at the moment. Playing in first person will just never be viable in multiplayer since it puts you at an incredible disadvantage versus third person camera users. Unless custom servers that enforce first person become a thing in the future, you'll just have to give up on it in order to have a fair experience online.

Looking back at this, it's both sad and funny that this mod pretty much fixed the hit&run playstyle in melee that still plagues the game and can be abused by the faster classes.
    I doubt 2-handed sword swing spin dancers would be viable in first-person only.

In anycase even in single player, people can get just too close, at that distance it's time for Brazlian jiu jitsu
  17. Lords of Calradia

Ran The Oz Crpg mod server for a while
  18. MP Modified Combat Parameters

In first person mode, face hugging is spoiling the melee combat for me, 2 handed weapon users are doing this egregious tactic of hugging your face and then stepping off camera so you can't see what attack they'll use.

There should be a collision that stops people from getting within 1 arm's length of you, at the moment is seems like they can come nose to nose with you and crowd your vision.
  19. Lords of Calradia

do you remember Akkadian?
Back
Top Bottom