Search results for query: *

1. Noble Free Troops on Respawn

Does anybody know how the game determines how many free troops nobles get when they respawn, and also what type and tier?
  2. SP - Economy Village Issues harming overall prosperity values

Noticed that a lot of areas had pretty stagnant or even negative prosperity growth over time, even ones that weren't being heavily affected by wars, so I decided to look into it. The culprit in many cases was the negative prosperity maluses from unresolved village and city issues piling up, and...
  3. Resolved (1.5 hotfix) Notables still constantly dying.

Saw the bit in the notes for the new hotfix about notables dying off, which I hadn't realized was an issue. Checked my save and sure enough, most of the villages were down to just the headman. Installed the patch hoping it would repopulate them, but no such luck. So figure that save is a...
  4. Economic Observations: Calradia Just Gets Poorer

I'm being affected by the ghost army bug which makes the game really annoying to play normally right now, so I figured it was a good time to run an observer game where Test-ocles the Watcher just sits on a sack of grain in Lycaron for ten years watching the map change colors and taking notes...
  5. SP - General Suggestion: Governors should get Engineering XP for completed projects.

Engineering is a really hard skill to raise, and it certainly seems like you should be able to get XP for building a castle wall or market square if you do for building a little catapult. Feel like governors definitely need some fleshing out here, especially considering the Engineering and...
  6. Nevyansk Castle is a massive liability to Sturgia.

Having Nevyansk Castle as a starting settlement of their culture seems to hurt Sturgia a lot for no real benefit. Since we don't have boats, it's completely isolated from the rest of their territory and gives them a border with Vlandia, who almost always declares war on them immediately and...
  7. I'm afraid to give people advice at this point.

I seriously feel at this point that if any sort of tip or strategy becomes popular, it gets nerfed into the ground, even if it was only marginally more effective than other methods. I'm at the point where I don't even want to talk about my preferred playstyles or effective strategies because...
  8. Army AI needs a major overhaul.

The AI just doesn't use armies effectively and it's a problem. Where to even start. Formation: AI loves to form their army deep inside friendly territory. Often they'll invite Lords who are already on the front lines, who then have to travel to the rally point, then travel back. Major waste...
  9. Rebels being hired as mercenaries?

Pretty sure this is a bug/unintended consequence of the change to how kingdoms hire mercenaries, but all the independent/rebel clans are acting like mercs now. They're even getting hired by the kingdoms they're rebels from. Example, Karakhergit getting hired by Khuzait, Embers getting hired...
  10. SP - World Map Aserai and Sturgia Map Layout

As it is, it feels like Aserai and Sturgia are both at a pretty major disadvantage compared to other factions because of their layout. Both are very long and narrow with limited ways in and out. This means that their armies have significantly more travel time to get from one side of their...
  11. SP - Economy Fewer, better tournaments.

With the recent changes, participating in tournaments had simply become a waste of time. The money rewards were never that great, so the item rewards were the only part that was worthwhile. Now, the money rewards are even less and the item rewards laughable. I disagree with the reasoning...
  12. Castle/City Walls Question

Has anyone been able to figure out if castle/city wall upgrades help in auto-resolve battles? I want to say they do, but really don't have any hard data to back that up and can't figure out a reliable way to test it because they take so long to build and I can't really control attacker/defender...
  13. Lords with Peasant Armies

Lords seem to have a lot of trouble keeping up decent armies over time. In all my games, after a few years everybody's running around with like 70% peasants/recruits in their armies. I think it's attrition because of the constant warfare and the fact that they're constantly fighting other...
  14. Peacetime needs to be a thing.

Even with the fixes, almost every kindgom starts the game at war, and then stays at war pretty much until they get wiped out. This really needs to change. Not just because it feeds the snowballing and increases the pace massively, but also because Lords and Kingdoms need time to rebuild their...
  15. Interesting discovery: Town/Village recruits level up over time.

Ran a test game AFK for several hours to monitor snowballing then was cruising around checking out towns around 1090 and noticed something interesting: Villages and towns near the front had your standard selection of recruits and the occasional Archer or basic infantry, but when I looked deep...
  16. Aserai is too weak.

I've run 5 observer test games since 1.0.4 and they've lost Husn Fulq to the Southern Empire every single time, and Razih 4 times out of 5. This all happens by late 1084 to early 1085, well before the player can be expected to do anything about it. I think this also contributes to Southern...
  17. Omniscient AI Caravans

So it seems like AI Caravans have access to real-time data about buying and selling prices everywhere on the map, and I feel like this is contributing a lot to the good trades quickly drying up. Example: Chaikand was the last Khuzait city, had all their villages burned, and was severely...
  18. SP - General No wars at game start

Part of the snowballing issue is that it starts rolling before the player has built themselves up enough to make an impact. Basically, the AI gets a massive head start and you're playing catch-up. So I think that the initial starting wars like South vs. Aserai and North vs. Khuzait should be...
  19. Kingdoms are WAY too aggressive.

As it is, every kingdom is almost constantly at war with at least one other kingdom, and often multiple others. Then, when they wipe the enemy out or sign a peace, they declare a new war within a week. This causes a lot of territory changing hands early, and I think it contributes in a major...
  20. Starving AI Garrisons

Noticed an issue with the AI constantly reinforcing Garrisons in settlements with persistent food shortages. This basically turns the settlement into a black hole that eats troops for them as the AI doesn't seem able to correct the shortages themselves, so multiple garrison troops starve daily...
Back
Top Bottom