Search results for query: *

1. So long Bannerlord, Hello Battlefield

Yes, dev interaction with the community could be a thousand times better than it currently is and still be awful. And, even worse, it's been awful ever since the BETA was released.
  2. I'm curious why people's don't care about dynamic weather, day/night cycle,Enlighten?

Of all the things that need fixing right now, weather isn't exactly top 10. Maybe they'll have time to look into it once the more pressing issues have been solved.
  3. No, Bannerlord is not a grift. It has potential to be ultimate medieval strategy&rpg game.

It has potential, sure. I even find the current beta quite enjoyable, but after all these years of development, I had expected something... more. My hopes now rest with the modders. As long as the devs can make the base game a good enough foundation for the modders to build upon, I think we'll see great things from this game. Hopefully, the game devs themselves manage to make a game that's worth playing without mods, but only time will tell, I guess.
  4. Why are the steam reviews so good?

Because in this era of half-baked, bug-filled, and horrible game releases, the current "beta" of Bannerlord is (now) quite decent.

Unfortunately, the game is still far from what I had expected from TaleWorlds after all these years, but I don't think the majority of the game's playerbase has even played Warband (or even followed the development). They don't care about the canceled features. They care about the game as it is right now, and compared to all the other crappy releases out there, and oh boy was Bannerlord a crappy release too, the current version is enjoyable. And that's probably why the reviews are positive.

Hopefully, I'll be able to change my negative review of the game in the future.
  5. Why do some people want Bannerlord with Crusader Kings 3 Features/Diplomacy?

It is if it's the opinion of the majority, which steam reviews seem to indicate.

I am sorry, but do you think everyone who's given the game a positive review likes *every* part of the game..? Do you think most players are happy with the AI pathfinding during sieges? I mean, most reviews are positive.
  6. Goodbye Mexxico, Thanks For Everything! (Mexxico Leaves TW. Tribute Post)

Never have I ever wanted the option to upvote a most as much as I do now. It's a shame to see Mexxico go. He was, in all honesty, the only person at TaleWorlds who seemed interested in maintaining a relationship with their customers. Hopefully, he'll find a new home more appreciate and worthy of his work. I wish him all the best. He's certainly proven he deserves it.
  7. [POLL] Would you like alliances in Bannerlord? Currently they are not planned.

I'm not sure this is the proper way to express your dissatisfaction. I don't recall having real diplomacy in Warband so this game can work without it.

You're probably right, but I've given up any hope that the company listens to the community by now. And no, Warband didn't have a working diplomacy system neither, but that doesn't forgive TW the laziness of not implementing one in Bannerlord.
  8. [POLL] Would you like alliances in Bannerlord? Currently they are not planned.

Are you ****ing kidding me? They aren't planning on implementing alliances?

Isn't this pathetic excuse for a game supposed to somewhat represent a medieval experience? Have they lost their marbles? Who in their right minds would even think of doing so without alliances? I guess it's time for some of the decision-makers to retire because this is simply absurd. There must be something terribly wrong with the drinking water in Turkey.
  9. POLL: DLCs from Taleworlds

I'm not going to spend a single buck on this game until they've managed to fix the ****ty base game, and based on the EA experience, I doubt that will ever happen.
  10. Everyone who is disappointed with BL and TW, i have an idea, please read

I'm afraid the only way to send a message to TW is not to buy their next game, which shouldn't be too hard. Unfortunately, Bannerlord is what it is. The dev team has shown that they, for whatever reason, aren't up to the task. So yeah, another letter won't do anything.
  11. King Harlaus > Bannerlord: what is this game missing?

I apologize in advance because this is a bit of a rant. For the first time in three and a half months, I decided to give Bannerlord another go. Snacks and soft drinks had been acquired, girlfriend was out of the house, and you'd think everything was in order for a great evening with a game...
  12. Is the Forum a pit of disappointment? Yes it is :]

Warband is a worse game in most regards until you mod it.

:grin:

I don't disagree, but I would still claim that Warband was a much better game if one considers the size of TW, and what was possible back then.
  13. Is the Forum a pit of disappointment? Yes it is :]

I think this partly boils down to Bannerlord being a decent game unless you've played Warband. The Warband-people probably, and with good reason, expected a lot more from Bannerlord than what we currently have. I mean, if you had told me three years ago that stuff like feasts wouldn't be in the game, I would call you crazy. Now... oh well.
  14. Let me discuss with you my personal thoughts!

With Mexxico leaving the company, my hopes for this game are shrinking by the day. For a full year now, he's been the only dev constantly talking to the community - and if they are unwilling to renew his contract, I'm pretty sure I'm unwilling to spend another buck on this tragedy of a game. It would probably be unironically better if they handed the game over to a decent studio who actually knew what they were doing.
  15. Rock Paper Shotgun - Is Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord better after a year in early access?

Is it better? Yes. Is it much better? Yes.

Is it a good game I would recommend to anyone? No.
  16. An Open Letter to TaleWorlds from the Kingdoms of Arda team, and the Total-Conversion Mod Community about our concerns and frustrations with Bannerlor

Damn, they have to fix this. The only reason I buy TW games it the amazing mods that keeps the games alive long after the devs have stopped caring about it - and unless they fix this, I doubt I'd be spending money on another TW game.
  17. [POLL] How do you feel about TaleWorlds starting a new SciFi game?

It depends. Is the current state of Bannerlord caused by a lack of resources, or is it caused by a lack of vision and bad priorities? If it's the former, I'd be furious that they are thinking about making a new game while Bannerlord is such a meh product. If it's the latter, well, then it's different.
  18. Taleworlds, use your community to grow.

I wish the world worked like this but I'd eat my neighbor's hat if TaleWorld even considers this seriously. Besides, the game is still in a rather troubled EA so this is not the time for something like this.
  19. Poll - Are u satisfied with how TW has been tackling this EA?

I think they've done a decent job so far, at least compared to other beta-released games out there. My problem with TaleWorlds isn't the developmental progress but the extremely poor communication. On a scale from 1 to 10, I'd rate their communication as a solid -369. The game progress, on the other hand, has been pretty nice. There's been a few priorities I haven't understood but all in all it's been decent enough.
Back
Top Bottom