Search results for query: *

1. arockstar2

Horse menavlion needs to be removed

My take is that light cav has always been pretty bad in Captain’s mode, except for Coursers. Now they’re all going to be bad. At least it’s balanced now :roll:
  2. arockstar2

Problem with throwing weapons in melee combat - they are too strong.

Remove captain mode from the game.
    You got the whole squad laughing. Just popping in to back up Ling, I’m tired of throwing weapons being removed or heavy nerfed and messing up Captain’s mode. Give legionnaires back their Pila please.
  3. arockstar2

Problem with throwing weapons in melee combat - they are too strong.

=> Maybe a overall higher movementstat for footsoldiers would solve your problem.

And with @FearSpear I fully agree.
    I could definitely get behind a slight universal foot speed buff. They slowed down most units a few patches ago, and it’s felt like I’m running through quicksand ever since.
  4. arockstar2

Kicked by Anti-cheat

Please fix this, it’s happening every game now.
  5. arockstar2

The speed of shield wall formation in Captain

I hope this is a joke, this cant be serious lol. Nothing else to add here.
    I agree; even after adjusting it in the latest patch it still seems too slow. Right now I’m using circle formation when moving as it’s faster and is basically the same as a shield wall (Also I am absolutely NOT advocating for circle formation to be slowed).
  6. arockstar2

tk bans getting a little outta hand here

This is not the way you handle this. Report the player and endure the bad experience of that particular game. Does that sound weird? Absolutely. But keep in mind that we're in early access and we have features such as vote-kick in progress that will resolve this issue.
    YES!! We desperately need a vote-kick feature.
  7. arockstar2

Problems

For the love of god, archernerf was never the problem, please go tell this to your other captain players as well. Shooting mechanic as a whole was overhauled without adjusting bots to it. Now they removed crushthrough ONLY because of catering to captain players, see what i did there.. spewing nonsense like you.
    Look, I don’t know why you’re so peeved. Cavalry was nerfed and archers nerfed even harder due to skirmish players demands, which destroyed the balance of captains for like 4 freaking months. It devolved into full infantry spam. I think I have a right to be upset over that.

It seems the problem really comes down to a need for balance separations between the modes. However TW has shown no desire to do that, leaving us warring in the forums to make our voices heard.
  8. arockstar2

Problems

They haven't been useless. They have never been useless. The restriction in competitive play has been imposed for a reason and that was backed by a lot of teams, when we had the second vote the majority for these restrictions in BEAST#2 it was even more overwhelming. Archers are the highest damage dealer next to cav in Skirmish because they can one to twoshot everything at range. Ever tried that with infantry now? Hm?
    Bud, I’m talking about Captain’s mode, where infantry spam was the meta for MONTHS because archers were heavy nerfed to cater to skirmish players.
  9. arockstar2

Problems

Wow, this thread really blew up overnight. I’m seeing some calls for archers to be nerfed, PLEASE NO. Archers are in a really good place right now (after having been pretty useless for months).
    Heavy Infantry is expected to lose to 2Handers, however, they shouldn't be getting killed by archers in most cases, we will make adjustments if required. We are looking into the walking speeds for formations.
    I get that heavy infantry is supposed to lose to 2 handers; this has always been the case and I’m not advocating against that. When they had throwables, heavy infantry at least had a fighting chance to soften up 2 handers.

I’m glad walking speeds for formations are being looked into!

Also don’t get me wrong, I’ve been really enjoying this patch. It’s refreshing to have cavalry and especially archers viable again. The months long reign of infantry spam meta is finally over! It’s just apparent that heavy shields got hit the worst with the last patch. I typically play whatever is best for the team, but I can’t stomach playing heavy shields right now. While playing as an archer, even I feel bad destroying shield units. I think adjusting formation speeds will return a nice balance.
  10. arockstar2

Problems

Seems more like an AI issue on the part of archers, as for 2handers, i believe it more has to do with the players then with the class itself.
    There’s no air issue on the part of archers, formation speeds have been drastically slowed, making shields vulnerable.
    2 handers have always been better than shields in Captain’s mode; now shields don’t have throwables to soften up the 2 handers, so the balance is even worse.
  11. arockstar2

Problems

Were skirmishers not considered light infantry and were noticeable different to heavy infantry due to the fact they had throwing weapons and were lightly armored?

Wouldn't it make sense to NOT have this for heavy infantry since a class already fulfill this role? Just my two cents.

If you're going to make a terrible class system, at least stick to it.
    Skirmish units already run faster and can carry a lot more projectiles than the heavy infantry could (6-7 javs compared to 3 throwing axes). Javelins also go further.

Also, what about Legionnaire’s pila or khuzait’s throwing spear? I’m just frustrated these were removed as they weren’t an issue in Captain’s. As it stands, heavy shields easily lose to 2 handers, and with shield wall being so slow, they get slaughtered by archers as well.
  12. arockstar2

Problems

"Skirmish whiners" have also stressed this repeatedly, even in the beta a whole year ago.
    Of course we all want the modes balanced separately. However, TaleWorlds has shown no desire to do that, so it’s just left to whoever has the loudest voice to get noticed. Captain’s mode tends to gets the short end of the stick as a result. For example, archers (and to an extent, cav) were ruined for months at the behest of skirmish players demands, leaving an infantry spam meta. It’s ridiculous.
  13. arockstar2

Problems

Heavy infantry absolutely should be given throwing weapons again; it was their only counter against two handers in captain’s mode. It’s frustrating captain’s balance is always disturbed to cater to the skirmish whiners. Wish they balanced the modes separately.
  14. arockstar2

Old command menu and formation speed

I agree. They drastically reduced formation speed, and while I get why they did, it’s absolutely overkill. I think they’re looking into both adjusting the formation speeds and making the new command menu optional.
  15. arockstar2

1.5.5 is not ready, take it down.

All those things you mentioned are absolutely right, but they are all things that a balanced army makeup can deal with IF (BIG IF) the army is working together! Where as an all infantry army may not be able to without being severely weakened.

My personal opinion about what is going to have to happen in the game (personal opinion, i know people disagree) is that Cavalry need to start to recognise their strategic advantages as being more important than their ability to snipe enemies on their own while parking all their horses. Charging into archers with a unit of cavalry, who is focused to actually being there at the right moment to shut down the archers (as the infantry advance on those archers) is worth WAY more than sniping 20 random dudes in a match. Especially if while sniping 20 random dudes his whole army had arrows raining on them while they advanced, because their cavalry was playing solo. (rant over)

PS. I love that desert map because its so often where we end up having a balanced army fight! We have cav and archers regularly mixed in with Inf, we have terrain height advantages and enough houses and ruins to hunker down at A/B and pressure the archers with morale. I really think that map showcases all of Captains potential. Yes that charge at C is brutal in shield wall, i look forward to a speed tweak, BUT at the same time, that strategy will only be forced on you when you have C as the final flag, No cav, maybe consider no charge at C, until you have to.
    I love playing archers and cav, and that map is really where they shine. Generally people bring cavalry on that map anyways, I just don’t like the idea that you have to have cav to counter archers to be effective. When you’re playing with randoms, you may have cav but there are times they’re preoccupied somewhere else. Getting more effective with cav and as a team in general just comes with experience, but it’s also the luck of the draw with the teammates you get matched up with.

Again, it’s been an infantry spam meta for such a long time that this patch is refreshing. Diversified armies are more common now, which tend to make for a much more fun match. I’ve definitely had some of my most favorite/exciting matches on the sand map. I just don’t like that it’s pretty much necessary now to have at least one cav unit. Shield wall and the other formations are just too slow to really be effective as is, and it’s such a drastic change from before. I hope the devs can find that perfect balance.

I like to think of myself as well rounded since I tend to play all classes, generally changing to whatever I think would benefit the team best. As of now, I just can’t stomach going shields. It’s too frustrating.

-TheMacedonianWarrior
  16. arockstar2

Sorry, I didn't make that part clear enough, I think they have gone too far with the shield wall slow down, but I like the concept. From a dev response to an earlier thread about it, I know they have already said the slow down is to much, so I am sure they will tune it better soon. But I like the concept, I like opening up Archer strategies a bit more to be a little harder to counter.

I play with shields regularly and have had success with the following in 1.5.5... charging in line formation, walling up during the charge, weather some arrows while we push a little further in slow speed then push a little more in line formation. You take some arrows but still don't lose men hardly. The arrows soften you a little but I think that is more than fair.

Obviously as soon as the archers turn their back on the advancing army to retreat, shields go straight into line formation and capitalize on the opportunity to make up ground.

The exciting thing I see with this is, archers can now use a stagard setup, with one unit further behind so as one Archer retreats from incoming shields, the other archers unit further back continues to fire making it more dangerous for the Shields to continue their charge in line formation.

It's all about risk and rewards... Obviously I would say have one cavalry units in your team and then they can lead the charge into archers, lock them down to stop them firing and get your shield units close to a without having to change formation at all. Running all infantry has its drawback now, and that drawback is archers. I'm a fan of forcing strategies to require more than just one thought... Which pre 1.5.5 was just, rush rush rush once you had the infantry advantage
    Thanks for clarifying.
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m really enjoying playing as cav and especially archers, which are more viable options now. It’s refreshing to have a break from the infantry spam meta.

I’m glad they’re going to relook at the shield wall formation speed. I’m fine with it being slower, but the current speed is atrocious. I don’t usually main infantry, and still find it ridiculous.

Ive been getting Ruins of Jawwali (big sand map) a lot lately, so I mostly had that in mind when I responded earlier. On that map, it’s just so open and the range is so far shields have a very hard time pushing. The method you refer to is shield’s best option, but if they have multiple archers you are just asking to get shredded, which isn’t even counting the enemy infantry you’ll likely to have to contend with as you move in. Of course, you have your own teammates, but it’d have to be a very coordinated push where you’re all in line, otherwise the guy leading gets absolutely destroyed.

The super slow shield wall advance also leaves what feels like an eternity for enemy cav captains to come and mess with your infantry (and I tend to be on the other side of this, where I’m harassing the advancing unit).

Hopefully this will all be rectified with the devs readjusting the speeds to a finer balance. I agree with the concept that it allows archers more strategies while making infantry have to think for once instead of blind rushing.
  17. arockstar2

Frequent crashes effecting every player in the ruins desert map in captain.

The shield wall slowdown would be ok if it only effected units with large shields. Smaller shield should have less slow down (but still some) and no shield unit with no slow down at all. No matter the formation.

The crashing will drive players away. I like the shield wall slow down, I think once people learn to cycle through line formation and shield wall as they charge the enemy we will see some interesting fights.

Look forward to fighting again mex!
    I seriously just don’t understand how anyone likes the formation slow downs. I thought they were fine as is, with maybe a small shield wall slowdown needed but what they did is overkill. Curious, do you actually play as shields regularly? I’ve tried with this patch and I about popped a blood vessel. It’s almost impossible to push in shield wall without the aid of cav distracting because of how slow it is; forget it if there are multiple archers. At that point I’d rather just go 2 handers in loose formation and try my luck.

If they make lighter shield units go faster, then what’s the point of going heavy shield infantry? They’ll lose to 2 handers(especially since they don’t have throwables now), and can never catch archers. Most 2 handers and skirmishers/light shields can bring spears to wield off cav, so at that point heavy shield infantry is useless.
  18. arockstar2

Hotfix ETA?

When can we expect a hotfix for this mess??
    Captains Mode is ruined - once again
    - Horses are 40 % slower?
    - Shield walls are 80% slower than regular?
    - The walk-slow-upon-death-bug is now persistent from FIRST DEATH and onward?
    - Troop Command section (F1, F2, F3 dumbed down, but somehow is WORSE than the old one - at least make it an option to toggle this simplified On or Off, old one was better imo)

TLDR;
    The matches now feel like it's retirement home vs. retirement home, meanwhile dementia-struck people are trying to command them with bad commands
    I agree with everything you said. Shield wall is ridiculously slow now, and it seems if you’re a noncav player and you hop on a horse, it’s way slower. This is ridiculous, as now you can’t chase down cav rambos or troll cav players who like to waste everyone’s time at the end.

I hate the new order system (months of muscle memory down the drain!). Please give us the option to change back to the old layout.

The game keeps crashing half the time when I load into a captain’s match. Also, the slow bug is like a PLAGUE. It’s happening constantly now, please fix!

Besides these bugs/grievances, I’m enjoying the new update. Archers are back strong again!!
  19. arockstar2

archers should not have direct access to twohanded weapons.

I know your talking Skirmish...

My 2 cents, DONT make this change effect Captain please.

Khans w/ Glaives double as a Shock Troop option for Kz and they need that option! Its a great compromise. If you take the 2h axe away from Sturgian archers then that would not be great either on captain.

We have to be careful balancing one game mode and effecting the other. If there was a way to split it that would be great.

could they just make Palatines, Fians and Khans more expensive on skirmish?
    It’s so annoying dealing with all these changes they’ve made to cater to the skirmish folks. Captain’s mode had a far better balance months ago than it does now. Balance between the modes ought to be separated.

Archers with 2 handed weapons are fine in captain’s mode, please don’t change this.
Back
Top Bottom